+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I thought you would like to know that General Hospital has been given a new lease on life & will continue as the only soap left on ABC. The network has instead decided to pull the plug on The Revolution & until Katie Couric's new show airs, Good Morning America will have an afternoon edition called GMA in the Afternoon, this show begins on July 9. Katie will premier on Sept. 10.
    Ha! The show that took away my OL is gone! Glad GH is still around.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

That news seriously made my day! I just got a little misty here!

ABC cancels The Revolution hangs on to General Hospital
    Last edited by Critical; 04-12-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Me too. SO EXCITED!!! Kelly Ripa just announced the news on Live With Kelly this morning. Yay!!!!

ABC, we get to complain about GH storylines all we want, but don't you dare take our GH away from us!!!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 04-12-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Me too. SO EXCITED!!! Kelly Ripa just announced the news on Live With Kelly this morning. Yay!!!!

ABC, we get to complain about GH storylines all we want, but don't you dare take our GH away from us!!!
    I am not an avid GH watcher, I watched OL, but have tuned into the show several times now. Even if I didn't watch GH, I would be so for it staying on the air! We do not need another "make your lives better by listening to me" show. Glad at least one bit of escapism is still around in this reality/cheap to make tv world.

Yup, kinda happy
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

So Jason and Franco were twins and Sam's baby is really Franco's? Please tell me that doesn't mean James Franco is coming back. Blech. If Sam suffers over it, I don't mind. She's such a little victim. I want her away from Jason. If they aren't going to reunite him with Elizabeth, then splitting him and Sam up would still be okay with me. I don't necessarily want Sam to be paired with John either, because that would mean splitting up him and Natalie and I always like them together. GH should hire Melissa Archer and give Nat a job at the PCPD. It would make more sense than Lulu working there!

Although I still hate the Kate/Connie storyline, I like that it's tied to Sonny, because I don't like him either! The scenes with her "trapped" in the mirror were cringe-worthy. They're exactly why people make fun of soaps and what people who don't watch soaps think they're like all the time.

I am enjoying Starr and Michael together. They've got good chemistry and the characters have a lot more in common than Starr probably wants to believe (hello, arrogant criminal dads....and needy mothers who hop from man to man!). I'm also still liking Carly and Johnny together and, while I was never a huge fan of Heather Webber, I like that they're bringing some GH history into the show. I watched back when Jason was born. Funny that he's now almost my age!

So did SoapNet disappear from anyone else's cable lineup? I went to watch something yesterday and it was gone. Their website is still up, so I don't think they've gone under. When I tried to go to that channel, there was no channel there, so it's not like they changed the programming format or something. I'm really annoyed! They just started airing episodes of Veronica Mars!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I still have Soapnet with Time Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by radar View Post
    I still have Soapnet with Time Warner.
    Me too.

I am just so sad that I can't get into the GH storylines for about the past 6 months. As the other soaps were ending I was enjoying the reunions and completed stories. Now it seems that the GH writers are using the old stand bys of Sonny on trial, split personality (worst performance in history), Franco lives to torment Jason yet again, and Johnny hooking up with another older woman! Get creative!! Johnny has soooo much sex appeal, why can't they provide him with a romantic interest that is young and hot too? The sister/mommy complex is over for me. There aren't any couples interesting couples right now.

Sorry for the rant! With the other soaps off the air I'm feeling a bit desperate to love my GH!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I have to say I enjoy Connie more than Kate....maybe it's Kate's wishy washy personality I don't like--so uptight. She did a good job as Kate coming to in Johnny's bed today though. Those were some bang up scenes, with everyone's response being what you'd expect in "real" life. And while Connie had to blackmail Johnny into bed really, for her scheme to succeed they didn't need to actually have sex, just look like they had. So Johnny is a "bad guy" here.

I agree that Starr and Michael seem to have great chemistry. It's also been nice to see Michael smile instead of constantly projecting angst...as when he was trying to talk to Jason about what a great dad he'd be (and planting the seed that he could even be a great dad to Franco's baby although he didn't know it).

I am getting a little weirded out by all the references to Sam's "connection" to John--once or twice was a nice salute to long time multiple soap watchers who've seen them before, but now they seem to want us to take it seriously. Do we know who Sam's dad is? Could she be some secret byblow from his past?

+ Reply to Thread