+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

Well all I can say about the actress playing Kate/Connie is that I never cared much for Megan Ward in the role, and I thought Kelly Sullivan wasn't much of an improvement as Kate. BUT WOW! I'm really liking her as Connie. (Sorry, Critical). I'd love to see Connie be the dominant personality and have Kate disappear --- but that won't happen. (Sort of like the split-personalities Vicky and Nicky in OLTL.) And interestingly, now that Connie has emerged, Olivia, with her homegirl Bensonhurst persona, seems to fit in more too.

And I'm feeling some heat between Connie and Johnny too. Of course Johnny has a lot of heat with pretty much everyone he's been paired up with --- except maybe Lulu.
    Katydyd likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, Critical! Since you know so much about GH, a couple more questions....why were Robin and Jason (and Robin and Sonny) kind of on the outs recently--they keep referring to it. Something about a gun around Emma?
    And do we know who actually killed Patrick's psycho stalker? That is, did Maxie really do it?

And a bit of a critique...Spinelli keeps saying Maxie is smart---so far I haven't seen an iota of evidence for that. She's pretty, if you like racoon eyes, and when she isn't flipping out I'm willing to believe she might be fun, but not smart. Spinelli clearly is smart...so he's just seeing what he wants to see. She's also not so "good"--plenty of evidence of her being a spoiled brat since I started tuning back in--but I think he really thinks she is, or wants to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks, Critical! Since you know so much about GH, a couple more questions....why were Robin and Jason (and Robin and Sonny) kind of on the outs recently--they keep referring to it. Something about a gun around Emma?
    And do we know who actually killed Patrick's psycho stalker? That is, did Maxie really do it?
    You're welcome! When Jax came back to town last year and was skulking around town, he ended up at Robin's house and she was hiding him from Sonny. Sonny showed up and started waving a gun around and ended up shooting Robin in the arm. Emma was in the house and heard the shot and may have seen it happen.

I don't think we do know who killed Lisa. It could be Maxie
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think we do know who killed Lisa. It could be Maxie
    If I remember correctly, just before Lisa Niles was killed on the boat trip, Maxie had gone to Anthony Zacchara to ask him for a favor (he owed her the 'return of a favor' because she helped pull him out of the water on the docks after he was shot). They became more or less in cahoots with each other for that very brief time, and it had something to do with Lisa and/or that boat trip. I believe that Anthony somehow ended up on the boat --- so Maxie might possibly have shot Lisa Niles, but it was more likely Anthony or someone paid by Anthony. By the way, I think this may also be related somehow to Anthony's holding something over Maxie (like when he forced her to plan his wedding to Tracy). I don't think it's ever been made clear what exactly happened --- unless I missed it.

Robin alive in a bed somewhere????? This makes no sense to me. Can someone, please explain why GH would do this. -- All the characters in GH believe that Robin has died, and have spent the last week or so going through the agony of mourning her death, and are just starting to get on with their lives. If Kimberly McCullough has truly left the show -- then what is the point of bringing her back for a brief stay, just to have her die in a care facility somewhere???? Isn't that doubly cruel? To give us false hope that she is not really dead, and will be back on the show -- when she won't.

Maybe she never actually planned to leave Remember how they killed off David Hayward on AMC and Vincent Irizarry did all this press about leaving the show.....and Hayward was still alive?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

im stunned with her being alive too...

im happy though, but if its just temporary im gonna be mad for the false hope lol
    ilja likes this.

My take on the Robin situation is that the fate of GH is still up in the air (but looking better ). I think they just wanted to show the viewers that no, Robin isn't dead, eventually she will return. If Kimberly really did choose to leave, I'm sure she'll come back to wrap up story whenever GH is cancelled. If GH is still on 10 years from now (fingers crossed!!) anytime she chooses to return, things are already set up for her story. If it only lasts another year or so, she comes back and GH ends with a happy Scorpio-Drake family. All that said, I much prefer Critical's idea...I just don't want to get my hopes up Well, either way, I am loving the new writing and all the nods to us long time viewers...The Floating Rib, really ? And Heather back...and hopefully crazier then her last visit which kinda flopped for me. And are they really going to go back to the whole Susan Moore thing with all the interest in Jason's birth? I was thinking somehow Franco would turn out to be Jason's half brother or something, but then I remembered Susan was murdered. I also liked the way Patrick actually had a "conversation" with Brenda thanking her for the letter after Robin's death. And it was more than two words! Sometimes it's those small things that make a difference. GH is far from perfect, but it's darn good right now
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Somebody help me... does Sam know John McBain from somewhere?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Somebody help me... does Sam know John McBain from somewhere?
    Port Charles... other characters, lovers, he was a vampire.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread