+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree940Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Critical,

I'm a bit confused by your posting...what I meant is, if it showed different characters in the picture, Cole and Hope will probably be back (with new actors) and not dead in the crash. If they were truly dead and gone, I would think it would have showed the actors that played the parts on OLTL. Did that make sense? LOL!
    No, I knew what you meant. I just don't think the picture is any clue to them being alive. It was the same Cole in that pic as they used to finish off OLTL - he was a recast. They likely recast Hope for GH because of the logistics of GH being in LA and OLTL having been shot in NY. Really though, did we even actually see Hope? I may have missed a scene or two with Cole and Hope, but I don't even remember seeing Hope at all.

I'd be surprised if they aren't dead. The car crash was a convenient way to get Starr into Port Charles and involved with Michael without her being a mother and without the crappy re cast Cole (not that the other Cole was any good either).

Rick Springfield has had some really bad eye work done.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Article about the possible cancellation of The Revolution:
    ‘The Revolution’ Pulled? ‘General Hospital’ Moving to 2:00 PM?

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Prior to our posting the press release from the Disney/ABC Television Stations Group which revealed the premiere date of “Katie,” Soap Opera Network learned via its sources that ABC had quietly been informing their affiliates of the pending cancellation of “The Revolution,” which has greatly underperformed in key demographics and viewership compared to the series it replaced (“One Life to Live”) back in January.

While this in no way guarantees “General Hospital’s” placement on the Fall 2012-2013 ABC Daytime schedule once the network cedes the soaps timeslot to affiliates beginning Monday, September 10, the fact that “GH” continuously increases its audience over the performance of “Revolution” in all categories including an uptick of over 900,000 viewers (2.34 million for “GH” vs 1.40 million for “Revolution”), a 100% gain in Women 18-49 rating (1.0 demo for “GH” vs 0.5 for “Revolution”), and a 66% gain in Women 18-34 rating (0.5 for “GH” vs 0.3 for “Revolution”) during the week of March 5-9, 2012 places “GH” in a better position of continuing beyond this summer.

As previously reported, a decision on the future of “General Hospital” is expected to be made in mid-April. Should the soap continue beyond the launch of “Katie,” it is expected to move to 2:00 PM ET/1:00 PM PT/CT timeslot on the ABC Television Network.
    ‘The Revolution’ Pulled? ‘General Hospital’ Moving to 2:00 PM? | Soap Opera Network

I'm confused about one thing. What time does GH air for everyone else? For me, it airs - and has always aired - at 2pm.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I'm in Wisconsin (CST), and GH is on at 2 pm here. Looks like it will be moving back an hour to 1 pm for us. But as long as it stays on, it can air at 1 am as far as I'm concerned....that's what they make DVR's for Hopefully it will be good news come April!

I'm just now catching up with last week and I have to say I am loving the interaction between the OLTLer's and the GH crew. Watching Todd and Sonny face off was great, and I really enjoyed the scenes with Carly and Blair. I hope they sign Kassie on to stay awhile too! Kristen Alderson is really showing how much she's grown as well. Maybe the novelty factor of having "soaps collide" will wear off, but right now I'm really glad they brought these actors over as characters many of us already know and love (or, love to hate - whatever ).
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm confused about one thing. What time does GH air for everyone else? For me, it airs - and has always aired - at 2pm.
    I'm in Michigan (Eastern time) and it has always aired at 3pm here.

GH has always come on at 3, at least where I live. I hope moving them up a hour does not mess up their ratings. Not many shows do good in that 2:00 time slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Rick Springfield has had some really bad eye work done.

Good Lord yes!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

3:00 here in MA... just in time for me to clean up my classroom, drive home, and have an hour of down time. What would replace it if it moves to an earlier time?
    Count your blessings!

2pm in the Chicago area. Its been that time for as long as I can remember.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

3 pm in the NYC area, but when I've traveled I've seen soaps in the AM time slots! So anything goes.

OK, bear with my obsession about who is dead and who is not. I finally watched the tape where the car goes off the edge of the road. Michael scrambles back onto the road. We hear a big crash noise as it hits. Then there is a pause of quite a few seconds, and then a Whoosh noise as the car catches on fire. So assuming anyone survived the fall (still belted in) there was time to get out if they moved very quickly. On the other hand today we had Starr at a mausoleum or something moping around the units with Cole's and her daughter's names. Are we to assume something was recovered from the wreck and put into those units?

As to Robin---I missed the crucial show. Here's what I"ve gathered from what people have said---please correct me if I'm wrong. SOmething happens (smell of gas?) that leads to Patrick being outside the lab and Robin in it. Did Patrick only come along after it blew up? Was he in the lab before it blew? I think I saw one clip where he seemed to be kind of stunned on the ground, then gets up to look for RObin and notices something in his pocket (Jason's medicine?). Robin goes back into the lab having been out of the lab...dragging Patrick out? Sticking the med in his pocket? and the automatic lock traps her there. I'm kind of confused as to why she went back in the lab--everyone keeps saying to get Jason's med but obviously that was already out of the lab or Patrick wouldn't be able to inject it. I do recall at one point Robin had 3 candidates for a cure. One failed, leaving two. So did Patrick have one possible cure outside the lab and Robin went back in for another?
    Did the viewers actually see Robin in the lab, trapped, and then a whoosh of flame? A body was recovered, but it was clear it wasn't really idenfifiable except maybe by unmelted jewelry. If that body isn't Robin's, was there any hint someone else had been in the lab?

OK, sitting back hoping for answers from the better informed viewers now!

Patrick went into the lab looking for Robin but the gas was too strong, so he passed out. Robin found him and dragged him out, but the medicine was still in the lab. She went back in for it, but the doors locked her in. She passed the medicine to him through a secure container in the wall of the lab, which is how he got it. Then the lab exploded.

No idea what the deal is with the mausoleum is Sometimes, they don't have anything to bury and just have a gravestone or memorial so that loved ones have an actual place to go.....or in this case, a place to have emotional breakdown scenes.

I enjoyed the scenes with Jason and Liz together. I always liked that pairing better than him with Sam. There's a sweetness about Jason when he's with Liz that I really like. Sam annoys me with her little breathy voice. If they're trying to get Jason an Liz together to make way for a Sam-John pairing, I'd be happy with that!

Can Kate/Connie just get hit by a bus please? Her throwing herself at Johnny is beyond cringe-worthy. The lipstick on the collar? Lame.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread