+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree855Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I saw that little news story, but I didn't read it as Jen being given the role, but that Kristen's return was delayed.
    This is the full statement/news item: Lilley Speaks Out - ABC Soaps In Depth

I feel for Jen that people are being nasty to her, but I still don't like her in the role. She's just too bland and, because she doesn't have the connection to the other characters that KS does, it feels like a different character. I'm sure Jen is a nice person, but I want KS back. I keep thinking about how the scenes involving Robin's death would be SO much better with her. I'm sure that she would LOVE to be playing those scenes instead.

PWS - on Dirty Soap, Kirsten's sister-in-law revealed that Kirsten has endometriosis.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Casting spoiler that I'm REALLY happy about!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    General Hospital Puts Roger Howarth on Contract
    Kristen Alderson was already put on contract so that Starr/Michael relationship may be in the works, but Kassie DePaiva is still recurring. Maybe she'll leave town to be with Tomas.

Also coming back are Kristina Wagner (some time in April):Margarita Levieva Joins Luck Season 2, Kristina Wagner Retuns to General Hospital
    And Rick Springfield (March 19th): General Hospital Exclusive First Look: Noah Returns to Comfort a Shell-Shocked Patrick - TVLine

I enjoyed Roger Howarth's scenes with Laura Wright today. Nice move pairing up the Todd and Carly - two self-centered schemers! I wonder how long it will be before it is revealed that Victor is actually still alive and that Todd didn't kill him.

ETA: Merely rumor at this point, but I'll use spoiler tags anyway....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kin Shriner is rumored to be returning as Scotty AND there are rumors that they are casting for Lucas Jones and bringing back Bobbie as well.

Also read that Nathan Parsons is leaving the show, so now more Ethan. I'm not really sad about that. He just never caught on for me.
    Last edited by Critical; 03-08-2012 at 06:29 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

How have they explained Todd's arrest? Or have they? I haven't been able to watch at all.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Click to see Spoiler:
    I am so very sad to see Ethan (Nathan Parsons) leave the show. I have liked him so much, from his first episodes in 2009 --- and I think he's grown a lot since then. For whatever reason, GH never could quite figure out what to do with Ethan's character -- and so he's had these sort of meaningless empty storylines that all seemed to go no where. Well, now he HAS gone somewhere --- off the show. And I'm really sorry about that. I hope the writers bring him back in the future cause I think he was a great addition to the cast!
    Last edited by Critical; 03-08-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

You know, you've gotta love the episode summaries on digital cable. From today's episode: "Dante heads back to the PCPD to find Lulu, who is doing something." Seriously.
    Minney likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I saw that little news story, but I didn't read it as Jen being given the role, but that Kristen's return was delayed.
    This is the full statement/news item: Lilley Speaks Out - ABC Soaps In Depth

I feel for Jen that people are being nasty to her, but I still don't like her in the role. She's just too bland and, because she doesn't have the connection to the other characters that KS does, it feels like a different character. I'm sure Jen is a nice person, but I want KS back. I keep thinking about how the scenes involving Robin's death would be SO much better with her. I'm sure that she would LOVE to be playing those scenes instead.

PWS - on Dirty Soap, Kirsten's sister-in-law revealed that Kirsten has endometriosis.
    Thanks! I had a student several years ago who had "endo", and who educated me a lot about it. We think of it as something that only older women get, but it causes a lot of mysterious and debilitating symptoms in younger women and can take forever to be diagnosed because the women are young--it's a lot more common in them than has been thought. She gave a talk about it in class and as a result a woman in class went to be tested and had it as well. The two of them started and endo club on camput to inform people. Unfortunately between the disease and the treatment people can be out for quite a while. My student had already missed a couple of semesters of school as a result.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    How have they explained Todd's arrest? Or have they? I haven't been able to watch at all.
    Todd's out on bail. Of course he's not supposed to leave Llanview, or at least the state, and now he's in PC which is in NY. His ex was threatening to report him and get his bail revoked if he didn't leave Starr alone (which he didn't). However doubt she will have to since now he's running around pulling guns on Sonny apparently, to get revenge for his granddaughter's death. You'd think Todd of all people would be cautious about jumping to conclusions about people's guilt!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Todd's out on bail. Of course he's not supposed to leave Llanview, or at least the state, and now he's in PC which is in NY. His ex was threatening to report him and get his bail revoked if he didn't leave Starr alone (which he didn't). However doubt she will have to since now he's running around pulling guns on Sonny apparently, to get revenge for his granddaughter's death. You'd think Todd of all people would be cautious about jumping to conclusions about people's guilt!
    Thanks for the explanation
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Anyone watching the OLTL characters as they integrate GH? Whenever I try to tune in all I see is Starr raging at any and everyone. Yes, it's devastating that she lost Hope and Cole, but the way it's being played out is not drawing me in but in fact I'm reaching for the remote. There are all sorts of possible pairings and storylines that have me anticipating what is to come, but not sure I can make it through the introductory stage...

I'm enjoying watching Starr rage at Sonny and (to a lesser degree) Michael. She's acting circles around most of them. The possible pairings are keeping me tuned in. Sometimes, it takes someone from the outside to shine a new light on old characters. It's been fun to "meet" some of the GHers again through fresh eyes.

I have to say though, Kate/Connie coming on to Johnny is just skeevy. Those scenes are horrible and not just because the actress is bad.

ETA: Fun montage video of opening credits over the years:
    General Hospital Faces of the Heart Opening Titles Montage - YouTube

Skip to around :20 in for the credits to start.
    Last edited by Critical; 03-14-2012 at 09:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread