+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree937Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

Well, so far I think they aren't so much "moving" to PC as being there because Starr had an accident outside town and is in the hospital. Starr et al. weren't heading to PC, but somewhere else (Boston?? I forget) and just passing by PC. Now her parents are there because she's been hurt, just like any normal parents would be. I've missed a couple of shows, but so far haven't seen John. Maybe he will be pursueing them, a la Les Miz.
    I agree, Starr and Michael---good pair---she's already putting him through a lot of anguish, and he can identify with her pain. at the moms comparing worst dads!

I also LOVE seeing all the old time actors return--back from when Robin was a child and I was just starting to watch GH. Heather was before my time, but I do know who she was on the canvas.

Upstate NY is only about 200 miles from Philly, so it's really not that far. PWS is right - Cole and Starr were on the run or leaving Llanview to make a fresh start. I'm not sad that they killed off Cole, but I'm bummed about Hope. I never like when they kill off children.

As I predicted, the actress playing Kate is way out of her depth with the multiple personality thing. Today's scenes with Johnny were cringe-worthy. I hope the whole storyline has a quick death.

The scenes with Tony Geary and Tristan Rogers have been fantastic. They haven't worked together in a while, but you'd never know it. Their old rhythm is still there.

Although Maxie has never been my favorite, I keep imagining how much better these scenes would be with Kirsten Storms. I mean, it's not Jen Lilly's fault that Kirsten has been gone, but I still don't want her there.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm watching Monday's episode again and man, Kristen Alderson broke my heart as Starr learned of Hope's death in a way that no one did in the previous weeks in reacting to Robin's death and she was a longtime character who I loved. Hope was sort of a non-entity - kids on soaps are more of a prop at that age - but I felt the loss and emotion when Starr kept crying "My baby" into Blair's shoulder. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Kudos to KA, but man, what does that say about the lack of real emotion shown in the wake of Robin's death. Only Mac's reaction felt honest to me....and by "honest" I mean that he made me cry and feel the loss of the character.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I too, have been really surprised at the lack of emotion about Robin's death. The only ones who have seemed to REALLY be despondent are Patrick (who breaks my heart every time he breaks down) and now Robert. Everyone else, even including her own mother, are having a sort of half-hearted response.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I too, have been really surprised at the lack of emotion about Robin's death. The only ones who have seemed to REALLY be despondent are Patrick (who breaks my heart every time he breaks down) and now Robert. Everyone else, even including her own mother, are having a sort of half-hearted response.
    I don't expect people to wail and beat their breast and be hysterical, but the responses haven't felt real and genuine. They've felt like acting. I just keep remembering that moment so many years ago when Felicia found out that Maxie had gotten BJ's heart and she dropped to the floor. That scene was heartbreaking and real. None of the actors have been to that level, imo. The scenes with Patrick outside the lab where he stood there shouting were more annoying than authentic. I just wanted him to stop yelling.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know the woman who plays "Anna" is a good actress... and I agree, her response to Robin's death feels kind of forced...more that Anna's worrying about how it affects others than her. As if there's some subtext...like Anna knows Robin isn't dead. Or that Anna's going to have her own break later. In other words, maybe the lack of response is purposeful acting. I don't know... just off. I don't see how they could stage it...they'd need a ready body, and now apparently Maxie is going to blame herself for doing something to the gas and causing it... but it just seems like they might be leaving the door open for a return. Otherwise, why burned to a crisp and unrecognizable?

i havent watched this show in a while, but i tried to catch it and im surprised Kirsten Storms is not back as Maxie, I thought she was suppose to come back, did she get replaced all together? i really liked her as Maxie...

Kirsten was supposed to come back sometime in the last month and then it got postponed. She's clearly dealing with some serious health problems ABC is still saying that she is coming back and than Jen Lilly is just temporary. I'm sure Jen is a nice person, but she's not a very good actress, at least not in this role. She's sort of cute and bland.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, according to SOD they thought she'd be back fairly quickly from whatever the health issue was....and then suddenly it was extended... as in, they did some minor operation and found something serious, that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Kirsten was supposed to come back sometime in the last month and then it got postponed. She's clearly dealing with some serious health problems ABC is still saying that she is coming back and than Jen Lilly is just temporary. I'm sure Jen is a nice person, but she's not a very good actress, at least not in this role. She's sort of cute and bland.
    Not anymore. The last SOD and Weekly that came out said Jen is permanent now. Apparently she's gotten a lot of flak and people have been pretty mean about her personally. She tweeted a response and let people know that she really respects Kirsten as an actress, and that she knows how much the fans love her, and that it isn't her fault that she was hired to take over while Kristen was out. Basically she was asking people to give her a chance, and letting them know that she had been hurt by all the personal attacks. I don't remember exactly what she said, but she was classy about it. Once again, I'm in a minority of one : I kind of like Jen as Maxie. I think when Jen first started, she was playing Kirsten playing Maxie. But very recently she seems like she's just starting to play Maxie as her own. She's kept the bright bubbliness that Kirsten brought to the role, but she doesn't seem like she's trying to be Kirsten anymore. She definitely needs to grow as an actress...I wish I could have seen at least a single tear during all her "crying" over Robin...but to me anyway, she's likable enough. Heck, I'm just so happy GH is still on the air (for now) I'm gonna keep my complaints to the barest minimum!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread