+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1166Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

It's hard to believe they (the police) wouldn't have climbed down to the car somehow...especially with a child in the car. And they are saying there were two fatalities. There hasn't been anything about the boyfriend or child crossing over to GH to encourage me to think they will survive. Of course, no one is ever permanently dead in soap land....

It's really unfair, but once again men age better than women. Not that Holly and Anna are ugly by any means, but they are definitely older than they were in their heydays on GH, while Robert Scorpio looks just the same!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    It's hard to believe they (the police) wouldn't have climbed down to the car somehow...especially with a child in the car. And they are saying there were two fatalities. There hasn't been anything about the boyfriend or child crossing over to GH to encourage me to think they will survive. Of course, no one is ever permanently dead in soap land....

It's really unfair, but once again men age better than women. Not that Holly and Anna are ugly by any means, but they are definitely older than they were in their heydays on GH, while Robert Scorpio looks just the same!
    Maybe he looked old back then....

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I think Anna and Mack still look fabulous! Robert and Holly are really showing their age, although, as PWS mentioned, men do seem to age more gracefully than women. Holly (Emma Samms) used to be sooooooo gorgeous (in a cute, baby doll kinda way) --- and now she looks very hard -- although it's kind of hard to see much through all the pounds of make up slathered on her face.

He looks like he had some work done. He was on Y & R for awhile as Colin and he looks like he took 30 years off his life within a few months time.
    I thought Holly looked really good, especially the hairstyle, and Anna looked pretty much the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

BTW, older looking or not, I am still so glad to have Mack, Robert, Anna and Holly (and Luke of course) back together on the show again!!!
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    BTW, older looking or not, I am still so glad to have Mack, Robert, Anna and Holly (and Luke of course) back together on the show again!!!
    Me too. I might actually start watching it again.

I've enjoyed the new Valentini/Carlivati episodes more than anything I've seen in the previous six months.....even with the ridiculous Kate storyline. I find that I can take Sonny if it's not all about him and he's with other characters, but his scenes with Kate are the worst. I just think she's a terrible actress and she has no chemistry with Maurice Benard. They're obviously working towards a multiple personality storyline and I don't think she can pull it off. I just miss Megan Ward and wish they'd given her this material. Maybe then I wouldn't cringe every time Kate comes on screen.

I'd be happy to see Mac getting more of a storyline with Robin's death. I'm thrilled to see Anna, Holly and Robert, but I'm wary because of AMC and OLTL and how we saw lots of beloved characters as they were wrapping up the show. I'm even more paranoid because of the return of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Robin Mattson as Heather Webber coming up later this month or early in April.

I'm glad Helena killed her improbable daughter. I thought that character was kind of worthless. Plus, it avoids her trying to explain how she had a child when she was in her 60's. It would have been worse than Erica Kane explaining how she had a now-20 year old Kendall when she was 14 and yet she's in her 50's. That girl's death just spares us some weird surrogate storyline.

It feels like they might be working toward a Starr/Michael pairing. I wouldn't be opposed to that. Plus, it would be fun to see their parents fighting the relationship!
    Minney likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yes, I was thinking the same thing about Michael and Starr. Can you imagine a Blair/Carly feud? Now that might be fun to watch. Though of course I'll always miss the original Carly.
    Minney likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Yes, I was thinking the same thing about Michael and Starr. Can you imagine a Blair/Carly feud? Now that might be fun to watch. Though of course I'll always miss the original Carly.
    I never liked Sarah Brown as Carly (and didn't really like her much more as Claudia), so I'm happy with Laura Wright. I also liked Tamara Braun's Carly. With SB, I never bought her as a seductress. She wasn't appealing in that way to me, so I never understood Tony having an affair with her. She just seemed too "rough" to me. TB was very feminine and almost too sweet as Carly, although I did like her. For me, LW strikes a nice balance - she's sexy, but she's also a tough cookie. I still want to strangle her sometimes, but that's just the character and not the actress!

As for a Starr/Michael relationship, I've already begun imagining Carly and Blair arguing over which father is a worse influence, Sonny or Todd! I can take or leave John McBain - I've never been a big fan of Michael Easton, so if his stay on the show is short, I'll be totally fine with that. Plus, I'd like to think that John and Natalie stayed together.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't watch OLTL, so these characters moving over to GH is sort of confusing to me. Wasn't their town supposed to be in PA, not too far from Pine Valley? And they all just up and moved to upstate NY?

I do recall Michael Easton as the vampire/rock star on Port Charles. Port charles was a good little half hour show until the whole vampire/werewolf/zombie thing started up. Anyway, I wonder if his character is going to have any interaction with Sam, or if he has already. haven't watched much in a while

+ Reply to Thread