+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree854Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    'General Hospital' promo: 'New rivals, new threats' | Inside TV | EW.com

The Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati episodes start later this week. I have high hopes, but I'm so cynical about ABC daytime now, I'm still expecting a cancellation announcement. The show won Best Daytime Drama at the Writer's Guild awards this past weekend. I doubt the execs care about stuff like that though.

As for that preview...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I LOVE that John is going to go after Sonny and that Todd is going to be pitted against him too. I'm excited to see Robert and Holly, although sad about the reason. Blair and Carly teaming up? Love it! Those are two tough gals.
    I agree. I've been looking forward to the crossover, but I hate to get attached to another soap just to find out it's being cancelled, & nomatter what they're saying, the writing seems to be on the wall.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I wish there was something else in this time slot. Maybe I should exercise then. *sigh* Sorry to see Robin go - or did she? Yellow tarp mystery. Maybe she's only mostly dead. True wuv is a reason to return. But would there be room for her? One Life to Live characters about to take over the show! How much will they give a back history for people who didn't watch OLTL? And Molly's friend... seriously? He thought he was doing her a favor bringing in an underage drinking party? He just moved there, so he can't actually know all those people. Was Molly given alcohol or a date rape drug?
    Robin is burned to a crisp so can't be identified except by whatever the firefighter gave Patrick (some unmelted earrings? I couldn't tell...and he seemed to be doing some kind of double take about them). So she may not be dead....but did she fake her death now (maybe with her mom's help?) to let Patrick not have to deal with a long drawn out AIDS death? Anyway, she's dead for now, in time to make room for the OLTL people at the end of Feb.

Very good question about Molly. Passed out? What was put in her punch? Where was she found? In a secluded room? I missed all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Robin is burned to a crisp so can't be identified except by whatever the firefighter gave Patrick (some unmelted earrings? I couldn't tell...and he seemed to be doing some kind of double take about them). So she may not be dead....but did she fake her death now (maybe with her mom's help?) to let Patrick not have to deal with a long drawn out AIDS death? Anyway, she's dead for now, in time to make room for the OLTL people at the end of Feb.

Very good question about Molly. Passed out? What was put in her punch? Where was she found? In a secluded room? I missed all that stuff.
    It was her her wedding and engagement rings.

I'm sorry to see KM go even if it was her choice to go. Frankly, I'm happy to see the OLTL people come if it means things get stirred up a bit. I'm tired of watching Sam simper about and fuss over Jason and fauxMaxie whine about Matt incessantly.

Molly was just passed out on the stairs. I don't think it was anything other than alcohol. She's a tiny little thing and has probably never had a drop of alcohol in her life. It would take much. I'm glad that little snot spoke up and took responsibility for that party and didn't let Molly take the blame. I couldn't believe him mouthing off to Alexis. I wanted to smack him.

After all the spin that ABC did last spring, telling people how committed they were to AMC and OLTL when the show's cancellation was already a done deal (not to mention Susan Lucci spouting that stuff on her book tour because they told her the show was safe) I don't trust anything the network says. OLTL was doing better in the ratings and critically when they canceled it, so I don't think either of those things can save GH. My only hope is that the show runners are given time to close out the show in a satisfying way that is respectful of the show's history.

I'm thrilled that we'll see Anna and Robert together again, even under these circumstances. One of my all time favorite scenes was her seduction of him in slinky lingerie while he was tied to a pole. So funny and sexy and smart.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hmmm and the rings were still ring shaped, not melted into lumps with diamonds in the glop? And yet she was burned to a crisp. Except for how hard it would be for Robin to procure a corspse to burn in her stead (a homeless woman from the morgue?) it smells fishy to me. She puts Jason's cure in Patrick's pocket and then goes back in for...what? She'd already tried and failed with at least one cure. Was there still one untried one in there? The rings are left where they won't get flamed? She takes them off for work? Left them in the lab?
    And of course maybe Anna is helping her stage the whole thing....
    If they do wrap up GH in the next year I predict Robin will reappear after a successful AIDS treatment.

Sooo...shades of Glee...distracted driving. Who proposes in a moving car? Surely you pull over so you can watch your beloved's face, even if it is spur of the moment! Notice she never said yes.

I wondered how they would get Starr to PC without all that "baggage". And I assume she'll be injured so her parents will come to be with her (Todd being on the run or not).
    Last edited by PWS; 02-24-2012 at 11:48 PM.

I thought Patrick mentioned that the rings were platinum. Didn't he ask Anna how to clean platinum? Because they weren't exposed to heat over a long period of time, they would have probably survived better. The explosion did damage much faster than a regular house fire would have. Just a theory

If Robin comes back (and that's a big if) I don't think it's already been planned. We all know that, even if you see the body, that means nothing on a soap. Still, I doubt we'll see Robin again before the show is canceled.

ETA: And here's more ridiculous fiction....

So the blood on Kate's wedding dress is STILL red? How long ago was her failed wedding to Sonny? It's been years, right? Also, the actress playing Irina (sp) is not even 30 and she's supposed to be Helena's daughter? In what parallel universe is that possible? Constance Towers is 78 years old! Jeez, producers, buy a calculator.
    Last edited by Critical; 02-25-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I thought Patrick mentioned that the rings were platinum. Didn't he ask Anna how to clean platinum? Because they weren't exposed to heat over a long period of time, they would have probably survived better. The explosion did damage much faster than a regular house fire would have. Just a theory

If Robin comes back (and that's a big if) I don't think it's already been planned. We all know that, even if you see the body, that means nothing on a soap. Still, I doubt we'll see Robin again before the show is canceled.

ETA: And here's more ridiculous fiction....

So the blood on Kate's wedding dress is STILL red? How long ago was her failed wedding to Sonny? It's been years, right? Also, the actress playing Irina (sp) is not even 30 and she's supposed to be Helena's daughter? In what parallel universe is that possible? Constance Towers is 78 years old! Jeez, producers, buy a calculator.
    Both those things have been bothering me! The dress since we first saw it hanging in a closet....come on, this is a heavily female audience, and, to be blunt, the viewers spend a lot of their lives washing blood out of unmentionables....The viewers know that blood turns brown very quickly. And the math...yikes....well, I guess if the Cassadines have the science to (try to) freeze the town they may have the science to freeze Helena's eggs....

So platinum rings...so if platinum has a higher melting point than gold, maybe. What did the firefighter do, snap off one of Robin's fried fingers to remove the rings? Yeesh.

So they actually KILLED Hope? WTF? I'm okay with them killing Cole. I never liked the character or the original actor and this new guy only played the part for to few episodes, but they killed a little kid? Not cool.
    ilja likes this.

So they actually KILLED Hope? WTF? I'm okay with them killing Cole. I never liked the character or the original actor and this new guy only played the part for to few episodes, but they killed a little kid? Not cool.
    huh??? details please

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

It might be too early to know for sure. They're talking about the two being in the car that went over the cliff, but I don't think they've actually gone down yet to the car yet to see if either one is still alive.

I can't believe it either!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread