+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1151Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I don't even think they'd need the Luminol - it's for detecting blood that has been cleaned up. All they'd need is a black light to light that thing up like some disgusting Christmas tree.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm banging my head against the wall today!!! What an irritating episode with everyone barging in on Robin while she's racing against the clock to save Jason! What the HECK was that all about? It wasn't funny, it wasn't interesting, it wasn't plausible.
    Minney and Imperfect1 like this.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm banging my head against the wall today!!! What an irritating episode with everyone barging in on Robin while she's racing against the clock to save Jason! What the HECK was that all about? It wasn't funny, it wasn't interesting, it wasn't plausible.
    I know, I was so frustrated with this episode too. Bad enough that Matt, who is a physician, comes into the lab and is banging around --- but this business with self-involved Maxi - who of course has no business to be in the lab at all, let alone when she's told to leave because Robin is rushing to save Jason's life --- that just really got on my last nerve. Sometimes GH can be so frustrating!!!!!!!!! And just when I'm ready to pull the plug and say ENOUGH!!! -- then they go and have some really wonderful episodes and I'm hooked all over again!

And by the way --- I think it is suspending reality a litttttttttle bit too far to have us believe that somehow Franco (who probably was also a baby himself when Jason was born), got his hands on a DVD of JASON AS A NEWBORN IN THE HOSPITAL NURSERY. And the fact that someone had the access to the infant Jason to get in so close to him that on a video, you could actually read on his little ID bracelet that Susan Moore was his mother --- I don't think so. Especially since Jason was an illegitimate baby, the LAST thing Alan Quartermaine would have wanted was some everlasting proof of that. And how could Franco could ever get his hands on such a video --- totally ridiculous! Although, I have to admit, now I'm really curious as to what it means that Jason was sent this particular video, and if Franco could be still alive. Did you all notice that when Spinelli questioned Jason about Franco's really being dead Jason did NOT say that Franco was "dead" --- he just said "I shot him." Hmmmmmmmm. . .

AAAAARRRRRGH! Now she's playing Chutes and Ladders while Jason's (and Patrick's) lives are hanging by a thread! What is WRONG with these writers? What are they going for here? Is this supposed to be suspenseful?
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 02-17-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Count your blessings!

I couldn't even watch that stuff in the lab. I find Maxie and Matt annoying under normal circumstances, but when they were acting like idiots and distracting Robin, I wanted to slap them both!

So, when did Johnny develop a Brooklyn accent?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Oh my goodness! I want to see the body so I can ID her!

Man, I seriously wanted to smack Kate today. That hissy fit in the hotel was cringe-worthy and then she goes into the parking garage and smears the blood around. It's freaking evidence, you nitwit

I was hoping Carly would say "You got shot AGAIN?" when Sonny showed up at Johnny's! It happens with alarming regularity.

I guess Robin went out with a bang. Sorry, had to do it I have to say, I was sort of irritated with Patrick through most of today and his screaming about her being in the lab. Let the firemen do their job. It was kind of "Bad Acting Day" today, I think. So far, I'm not actually feeling the emotion in Robin's death. Maybe because none of the actors have made me feel the loss yet

Again, I was annoyed with Molly today and with that new kid. I can't believe she covered for him. What at idiot. I hope Michael steps in and tells Alexis the truth - that Molly had nothing to do with those kids showing up.

Here's a little article about the changes coming on the show, complete with a video previewing what's to come. LOTS of spoilers in the video especially, so be warned!

'General Hospital' promo: 'New rivals, new threats' | Inside TV | EW.com

The Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati episodes start later this week. I have high hopes, but I'm so cynical about ABC daytime now, I'm still expecting a cancellation announcement. The show won Best Daytime Drama at the Writer's Guild awards this past weekend. I doubt the execs care about stuff like that though.

As for that preview...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I LOVE that John is going to go after Sonny and that Todd is going to be pitted against him too. I'm excited to see Robert and Holly, although sad about the reason. Blair and Carly teaming up? Love it! Those are two tough gals.

I'm still really enjoying the Johnny/Carly pairing. That boy has great chemistry with the older ladies! I didn't ever like him with Lulu, but I thought he was great with Claudia and the Carly pairing is really promising.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I tuned in today just in time to see Patrick freaking out over a yellow tarp. I"m assuming Robin's body was under it? But did Patrick (or the viewers) actually see it? I can't believe GH would kill Robin off completely and not leave a door open for her to return if the actress decides she's not succeeding at directing.

I wish there was something else in this time slot. Maybe I should exercise then. *sigh* Sorry to see Robin go - or did she? Yellow tarp mystery. Maybe she's only mostly dead. True wuv is a reason to return. But would there be room for her? One Life to Live characters about to take over the show! How much will they give a back history for people who didn't watch OLTL? And Molly's friend... seriously? He thought he was doing her a favor bringing in an underage drinking party? He just moved there, so he can't actually know all those people. Was Molly given alcohol or a date rape drug?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread