+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree886Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Are we going to be subjected to months of Sam swanning about and talking about the joys of being pregnant? UGH.

After all these years of Mac and Alexis not doing a thing to get together, I'm okay with Diane going after him. Although, what happened to Max? I must have missed something. I do like the idea of them pairing Sean and Alexis. It would serve Carly right to see Sean move on with someone else.

I find that I don't like Molly as much as I wish I did.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What was that book outside on a snow covered table on the patio that the camera panned to when Sam and Jason were saying they didn't have to worry about Franco any more? Did I miss something and we are supposed to know what it means?
    And Kate? The bloodstained wedding dress, that looks like it took a shot to the heart? Was it hers? And now she ignores the phone, tarts up her lipstick and unpins and fluffs her hair? Is there a Kate/Connie split personality thing going on? Again, I've missed a lot, and I admit they kind of bore me... or this something new?
    Clearly Jason should be going to the hospital instead of building fires and cooking---they've been happy long enough in soapland!

My Soap Opera Digest subscription runs out in May....think I may not renew as I was only ever an ABC soap watcher and used it to catch up when I couldn't watch regularly. Definitely if GH is closed down, which one can't help speculating about. It was my least favorite of the soaps, although I am looking forward to
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Anna Devane and Robert Scorpio's rumored return (assuming it isn't because Robin dies or something)
    they were among my most favorite characters in bygone days. Right now I"m basically watching and waiting for Todd and Blair from OLTL to appear....none of the current stories is really catching my fancy.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-09-2012 at 06:03 PM.

I wasn't able to watch over the holidays with houseguests here, so I missed Franco's death. Did we see a dead body? Do we actually know he's dead or did he just disappear?
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I saw bits of it...we saw Jason shoot him, and Franco went down, but then I think Jason left and maybe there was a fire or something? So, did we see Jason shoot him point blank in the forehead 10 times (as if even that would be enough on the soaps!, no.

They did show a newspaper with headline about how "famous artist" Franco (don't recall if there was a last name or not) was found dead, so I think we can assume he's really gone. Unless of course he has a...more evil?...twin. But that's crazy. Who would ever go for something like that
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Or he could have had a publicist put that out while he's secretly recovering in the same miracle hospital where Lisa was.
    What did they focus in on with the Franco music playing outside of Jason's house?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Or he could have had a publicist put that out while he's secretly recovering in the same miracle hospital where Lisa was.
    What did they focus in on with the Franco music playing outside of Jason's house?
    It was a wrapped package, probably a baby "gift" from Franco. Will we never be free of him?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I saw bits of it...we saw Jason shoot him, and Franco went down, but then I think Jason left and maybe there was a fire or something? So, did we see Jason shoot him point blank in the forehead 10 times (as if even that would be enough on the soaps!, no.
    They showed Jason shooting Franco twice. The first time he shot, he seemed to be aiming at Franco's stomach, and Franco sort of slid down from a standing position to a sitting postion, but the camera didn't show where exactly Franco was shot, and didn't show any blood. At that point, Jason was a full room's length (guessing about 20 - 30 feet) away from Franco. For the 2nd shot Jason had moved somewhat closer (to maybe around 10 feet) and this time there was a close up of Franco's face and chest with blood pouring out of his mouth. We never saw him actually "die" and we never saw Jason set the fire. But Jason took his time and was apparently not under any threat of any other person interfering with his killing Franco --- so he should have been able to finish the job.

And really folks, I dearly love Jason, but if Jason did NOT wait until he was absolutely sure that Franco was actually DEAD before he left, then in my opinion, if he left Franco actually alive, he is a poor excuse for an "enforcer" serial killer, and deserves to have Franco come back and haunt him!
    ilja likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

, Imperfect1, I agree! Now how come Jason takes one look at that wrapping paper (unaffected by sitting in the snow for a couple of days at least!) and thinks of Franco? I don't think there was a card...

I hadn't seen "Monica" in several years....what on earth has happened to her face? Is that plastic surgery? Not to be mean, but if she hasn't been in an accident, she should sue someone. That can't be normal aging.
    I am glad Jason thinks having grandparents would be a good thing for the baby.

And now he collapses...so much for the happy interlude.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I hadn't seen "Monica" in several years....what on earth has happened to her face? Is that plastic surgery? Not to be mean, but if she hasn't been in an accident, she should sue someone. That can't be normal aging.
    I am glad Jason thinks having grandparents would be a good thing for the baby.
    I don't think she's had any work done lately. She's looked like that for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread