+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

I know... it's like a bad after school special....moral: even if you see a therapist you aren't broken....unless this is leading up to something else, like the reminder that Sonny has to take his pills...maybe Kate is really a "bad guy" bad guy, and is going to sub placebos for his pills so that Sonny flips out.
    I mean it's nice that the actor who plays Sonny, who has the same problem as Sonny, is willing/eager to remind people of it, and that he functions despite it, with the help of modern chemistry, but after all that build up I was expecting something more serious than a reminder of what we already know about Sonny (maybe that's for the newbies?) and the fact that Kate's so devoted to her therapist she leaves town to see him. Seems like there ought to be more to that thread.
    I agree, Carly and Johnny have something. What happened to Carly and the black guy who was her bodyguard for a while--she seemed to be throwing herself at him when I turned in briefly a few months ago, and now they are just friends. The woman seems to need a boyfriend.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-05-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

During the very last shot of Kate leaving her apartment all spruced up --- I got the distinct feeling that the man she was going to meet was definitely not a "therapist"!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

'Therapist' my eye! As I suspected, I think now we pretty much know for sure, Kate is definitely up to something ---- or some ONE. I think the real story is, that during the long period of time that Kate and Sonny were broken up, at some point Kate became involved with someone, and she did not just abruptly break it off when she and Sonny began to rekindle their relationship. That would make perfect sense to me, and I wouldn't think any less of Kate for being caught in the middle between relationships with two men. This kind of thing happens all the time. Sonny would have no right to be indignant --- he certainly had his share of relationships during that time -- including a love affair and marriage with his other 'true love' (????) Brenda.

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Jason and Sam's good news about the baby being Jason's!!!! Their moment of peace, relief, and joy was heavenly. Yes, in Soap Opera Land lab tests are always tampered with ---- but even if that's true (and I don't know who would even care enough to do it, if Franco is dead, and Helena has no interest in Jason + Sam) - I'm still glad they have some time to love Sam's pregnancy and being in love with each other.

And speaking of Helena --- this new twist with Cassandra turning out to be just one more of Helena's evil plots has just created some new work for my TIVO, because I am going to be fast-forwarding through ALL of their scenes together!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Because I'm incredibly suspicious of any happiness on a soap... how about this scenario... Jason was very upset by how upset Sam was, really wanting her to be happy, and he'd had that earlier discussion with Shawn about raising another man's son, so he decided he could live with not knowing, was worried Sam might not get pregnant again if she had the abortion, wanted her to be happy, so told the doc to say it was his baby no matter what. I was picking up that what HE was happy about was that Sam was happy and smiling, rather than that the relief that it was his baby.
    Of course no ethical doc would go along with that, so maybe he tricked her somehow, altho he doesn't seem very science inclined so not sure how he'd do that.

Bite your tongue PWS () Oh goodness that would be beyond horrible!!! I can't imagine anything worse. The only way they could save that, would be if Jason set the whole thing up, but then they found out it didn't matter because the baby was his all along anyway.

As for nu-Kate, I kind of like her, she's growing on me. I know I'm in a minority of.....one, but that's ok I just look beyond the fact that she was probably just out of diapers when Sonny started high school She was acting mighty weird about the whole Kate/Connie thing. She practically bit Sonny's head off when he mentioned the past. Something is definitely up there. Whatever these mysterious trips are all about, I think they have something to do with "Connie."

I really wanted there to be chemistry between Carly and Shawn. I think on paper that would have been a really good match, but it just isn't there. I agree with you guys though, I really like Carly and Johnny. They definitely make an interesting pair...and there is chemistry to spare! I would love for them to explore Alexis and Shawn a little more though and see if that sparks. Mac is pretty much a bore, and I think A/S could generate some good story. NG is such a fabulous actress, I would love to see her get a real romance along with her menopause!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I don't know, re Jason and Sam--it kind of fits with his residual brain damage--he doesn't quite react like "normal" guys---He's upset with Franco because he hurt Sam and Sam is sad, not because of the possessive "you've damaged my property" thing. He's upset about the possible Franco father thing because Sam is so upset, not because his sperm won't be passed on. I can see it. So they can be happy for now, but a while down the pike Sam can find out what he did and it can all come up again. If GH is going to be cancelled they can keep it the way it is, if not they can turn it into another big story and still have the happy ending that it's Jason's baby.
    Missed today's show so don't know if any more hints were dropped.

I always liked Mac, but I agree, he is being played as pretty dull these days---they need to have some drama and derring do for him, so he can risk his life for Alexis, they can get trapped in a cave or something, and he does the caveman saving her life stuff... and Alexis can get past her thing for the bad boys...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I don't know, re Jason and Sam--it kind of fits with his residual brain damage--he doesn't quite react like "normal" guys---He's upset with Franco because he hurt Sam and Sam is sad, not because of the possessive "you've damaged my property" thing. He's upset about the possible Franco father thing because Sam is so upset, not because his sperm won't be passed on. I can see it. So they can be happy for now, but a while down the pike Sam can find out what he did and it can all come up again. If GH is going to be cancelled they can keep it the way it is, if not they can turn it into another big story and still have the happy ending that it's Jason's baby.
    Hey as long as the baby ends up Jason's, I don't care how they get there It was the thought of it actually being Franco's that would just be too horrible!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I don't know... after today's episode,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Diane could be the babymamma for Mac!
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, Gut, old Mac did seem to be kind of humming today. I was thinking Diane was lying, but maybe not.

It sucks that she did that to Alexis, but it would suck even more if she didn't and lied about it to her.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread