+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1030Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

SPOILER ALERT FOR SHOPPERS--the new issue of Soap Opera Digest has a cover story revealing in VERY BIG letters that the father of Sam's baby is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jason
    according to the paternity test. So if you shop where it's on the magazine stands be careful if you don't want to know! There's also a long interview with "Jason" inside about what this means for him and Sam.

Personally if I lived in Soapoperaville, I'd never trust a paternity test unless I'd drawn the blood myself and run the test myself, never sleeping or leaving its side until the test was complete!
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    SPOILER ALERT FOR SHOPPERS--the new issue of Soap Opera Digest has a cover story revealing in VERY BIG letters that the father of Sam's baby is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jason
    according to the paternity test. So if you shop where it's on the magazine stands be careful if you don't want to know! There's also a long interview with "Jason" inside about what this means for him and Sam.

Personally if I lived in Soapoperaville, I'd never trust a paternity test unless I'd drawn the blood myself and run the test myself, never sleeping or leaving its side until the test was complete!
    One Life to Live poked fun at themselves & the unreliability of Llanview's paternity results, toward the end of the show.
    I loved that. It's nice that they shared that laugh with the rest of us who have been saying that for years.
    It's nice to know the OLTL characters will be feeling right at home with that at GH.

I don't know about the rest of the soaps, but Days of Our Lives has the same problem.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

One thing that's a given on any soap is that the first paternity test is almost always tampered with! In Port Charles, it seems that Helena Cassadine owns stock in the local testing lab. She's always messing with a test and no one gets smart and goes to another town to get their tests done!
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Why on earth are they making such a big deal of Alexis' (apparent) menopause symptoms. She's like some kind of cartoon version...reminds me of Sybill Shepherd in that post Moonlighting sit com.

Thank you! And nobody can give her a clue? Duh! She's really disappointing me - she's one of my favorite soap actresses since her days on Santa Barbara.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Really, why does she even need a cue? There have been so many jokes about hot flashes over the years I can't believe she doesn't think of that when she has one without anyone telling her what they are. Does she have no friends a tiny bit older than her who have complained about this to her? This is ridiculous. Are we supposed to believe she is so young this would be a total surprise to her?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

No sooner do I post that than one of her friends (Diane) finally says, congratulations, it's menopause. Thank heavens...

Now Diane is urging her to go in for pregnancy free sex (at least she mentions protection if not specifically mentioning disease)....and now I predict she'll have a change of life baby...
    Last edited by PWS; 02-02-2012 at 03:53 PM.

I know... who will be the father? Surely not Sonny, but she doesn't seem the least bit interested in Mac.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    No sooner do I post that than one of her friends (Diane) finally says, congratulations, it's menopause. Thank heavens...

Now Diane is urging her to go in for pregnancy free sex (at least she mentions protection if not specifically mentioning disease)....and now I predict she'll have a change of life baby...
    I think you're on to something, PWS, because that could be the answer to your 1st question --- of why they're making such a big deal about Alexis' menopause symptoms AND the fact that Diane is encouraging her to have protection free sex.

BUT here's a scary thought. . . remember how flirty COLEMAN has been lately? Like in those 'strip pool' games? Wouldn't it be a hoot if HE and Alexis got together and HE was the father? Actually, although that would be funny (in a weird way) for the viewers, it wouldn't be good for the poor baby. BUT I could seriously see Alexis and Mac getting pregnant after one of those drunken nights, and actually developing some real chemistry and feelings for each other as Alexis' pregnancy advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I think you're on to something, PWS, because that could be the answer to your 1st question --- of why they're making such a big deal about Alexis' menopause symptoms AND the fact that Diane is encouraging her to have protection free sex.

BUT here's a scary thought. . . remember how flirty COLEMAN has been lately? Like in those 'strip pool' games? Wouldn't it be a hoot if HE and Alexis got together and HE was the father? Actually, although that would be funny (in a weird way) for the viewers, it wouldn't be good for the poor baby. BUT I could seriously see Alexis and Mac getting pregnant after one of those drunken nights, and actually developing some real chemistry and feelings for each other as Alexis' pregnancy advanced.
    Well, if it means we see more of Coleman, I'm all for it! I LOVE him! I think he and Alexis would make an interesting pair. It wouldn't be boring, that's for sure. While Mac is a good guy, he's kind of a stick in the mud. Except, of course, when Coleman gets him drunk - then he starts ripping his clothes off or singing karaoke! Mac and Patrick singing karaoke is still one of my favorite moments.

This Kate-Sonny stuff is crushingly boring. Who CARES if she's seeing a therapist? Why the hell is it necessary for her to fly to freaking Chicago to go to one? I can't imagine why they're continuing this relationship. The actors have zero chemistry. As far as I can see, that actress doesn't have chemistry with anyone....neither does Maurice Benard when you get down to it. I'm over his stuttering Anger Boy act.

Speaking of chemistry, I'm enjoying this whole Carly-Johnny flirtation. I wouldn't have thought that would be a good pairing, but I was totally wrong. There's definitely a spark there.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread