+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree937Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

Well, as far as I can see, the only thing this whole big Zakkara mess is going to accomplish is to bring to the forefront a whole new mob family: the G_______'s - sorry, can't remember what their names are. Apparently years back, Tracy was briefly married to mob boss G, he was found dead shortly thereafter and all of his money missing. Anthony somehow traced it back to Tracy and is blackmailing her about it. Now there is this bizarre twist of fate that G turns out to have been Johnny's biological father --- due to Anthony pimping his young daughter Claudia out to G, and as a result, she got pregnant with Johnny, but for whatever reason --- Johnny was represented to be her little brother, not her son. So, suddenly the G's become a big deal in the GH story line --- so I'll be curious to see what they bring to the table.

I hope the casting people do a better job casting the Gs than they have recently. So far, I'm not crazy about most of the recent additions to the GH cast except Officer Bedia. She's great! And Maggie's ok too. But I've never liked Sean, and I'm not particularly liking the new kid (TJ???), the new Kate, or Ewan the uber-controlling psychiatrist. Cassandra is only so-so, but she could have some potential. I'm so sorry that they killed off Abbie and Lisa. I did like both of them very much and was sad to see them go.

The only thing that is good about all these new characters and new storylines, is that it's giving me HOPE that GH isn't on the chopping block. That would make it all worth it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So Anthony wants the money he was supposed to get from the G crime boss and thinks he'll get it from marrying Tracy who supposedly has it?

I know he told Johnny that Claudia was supposed to just lure the boss G into a compromising position, then they could burst in and blackmail him or something, but instead she went "all the way" to get better proof, and got pregnant. I find it hard to believe that crime boss G would be that worried about an accusation of (underage?) sex, but who knows. Or am I missing something in Anthony's marital motivation?
    Tracy and Luke are cute together...both really smile when together, even if I've never understood the appeal of spanking.
    Sounded like the conversation yesterday between Jason and the new (to me) black guy at the diner about raising another man's kid was meant to get Jason to think he could handle it being Franco's child....which I assume will be useful when the discussion of amnio for paternity testing leads (inevitably) to Sam learning that this may be her only chance to ever have a child, and does she want to risk it. Of course tough on Sam to go through a pregnancy with possibly her rapist's child.
    I assume if they do close down GH people like "Lucky" will come back for a wrap up. Maybe today's conversation between Eliz and Ethan (?) was to set that up...either that or he's thinking about hitting on her if the lady in white doesn't work out.
    I agree, potentially new gang family doesn't sound like they know the show is ending.

I'm completely lost with all the mob stuff and I really don't care. I miss the hospital! Now, when we go there, half the time it's to check up on someone who got shot because of the mob!

I had such high hopes when Garin Wolf came on with all his promises of getting back what made the show great and honoring the core families and then NONE of that happened. I hope the new writers can do better, but I fear they just brought them on to finish up the show, the way they did with Lorraine Broderick and AMC. BTW - when they hired her, the network claimed it was a "multi-year" deal and then they canceled the show not long after.

I'm just really cynical after this last year. I still believe the cancellation announcement is only a matter of time. Remember how, practically until the day before the AMC/OLTL announcement, the network was vowing it's loyalty and commitment to both shows? I'd love to be proven wrong, believe me. I'm just not very optimistic.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer! I really hope I'm wrong!

Okay, out of curiosity, I looked up the stuff about AMC's hiring of Lorraine Broderick. They announced her hiring at the beginning of April (I found an article on tvguide.com dated April 4th) and then announced the cancellation 10 days later.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I hope she had an iron clad contract, and they have to pay her for all those years!

Me too! Makes me sad to think of all the great things she could have done in those 2 years.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Okay, I think the actual name of the "G" crime boss is Gino Salito. I knew there was a "G" in there somewhere. Sorry if I confused anyone.

By the way, was I the only one who saw some sparks between Johnny and Carly during their kissing scene the other day? Sort of reminded me of the sparks between Carly and Jax early on in their relationship. (I never felt any chemistry between Carly and Sonny --- now that I think about it, not with any of the 3 gals who played Carly.)

Speaking of chemistry, I am REALLY feeling the love between Patrick and Robin. Especially on Patrick's part. If Robin does have to leave the show, I hope the writers will play out her illness and death naturally --- with her loved ones all around her --- and not with her running off and disappearing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I had such high hopes when Garin Wolf came on with all his promises of getting back what made the show great and honoring the core families and then NONE of that happened. I hope the new writers can do better, but I fear they just brought them on to finish up the show, the way they did with Lorraine Broderick and AMC. BTW - when they hired her, the network claimed it was a "multi-year" deal and then they canceled the show not long after.

I'm just really cynical after this last year. I still believe the cancellation announcement is only a matter of time. Remember how, practically until the day before the AMC/OLTL announcement, the network was vowing it's loyalty and commitment to both shows? I'd love to be proven wrong, believe me. I'm just not very optimistic.
    Well, it looks like there are some HUGE MAJOR SURPRISES in store for GH!!!! I just read the most FASCINATING interview of GH head writer Ron Carlivati (including a 38 minute podcast in which he reveals some of the future of GH): DC #660: DC EXCLUSIVE: Ron Carlivati on Wrapping One Life to Live and Checking Into General Hospital | Daytime Confidential. In the article and in the last third of the podcast, Carlivati talks about the plans for GH. Here's some of what he disclosed:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Robert Scorpio/Anna DeVane/Holly Scorpio are all coming back, and some of the One Life To Live characters are moving to Port Charles: Todd and Blair (Roger Howarth and Kassie DePaiva), and Kristen Alderson and Michael Easton (Starr and John)!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I hope the "family" trio are not coming back because
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Robin dies!
    , but for a longer arc. They were great.

As to the OLTL people..afraid I already spoiled that above because it was all over the OLTL thread. Didn't think of it as a secret. In fact that's why I'm watching GH again now, to see how they integrate them.... not until sweeps I"m sure.

Re Robin dying speculation above....I hope they send her somewhere for special treatment so they can bring her back without having to raise her from the dead. The actress has taken long breaks from the show before, which she's been on since she was a little kid....I know because she's just about the same age as my kids, and she's one of the few kids who escaped that rapid aging syndrome that strikes so many soap children. She and Starr from OLTL...hard to think of any others. I don't blame her for wanting to try her hand at other things, other acting, now directing, but I like that she comes back periodically. Of course I realize that leaves Patrick at a loose end....unavailable romatically unless he's going to be a total dog (or Gingrich ), as well as making Robin look like she's abandoned her child. So they'd have to put some spin on it.

I'm definitely enjoying the chemistry between Johnny and Carly. I liked her with Jax in the beginning, but never liked LW's Carly with Sonny. Tamra Braun was the only Carly, IMO, who had any chemistry with MB. Maybe it's my own bias. I know that many GH fans revere Maurice Benard, but I just don't think he's a very good actor. He's kind of one-note for me and there is absolutely NO chemistry between him and the nuKate. They should have brought Megan Ward back. She could act.

It looks like Kirsten Storms won't be coming back for a while longer. She was supposed to start filming again in late January, but that's off now. She's been gone for a long time. She's only 27, so I hope her endometriosis wasn't as severe as it seems. Being gone this long points to really bad things for someone so young She's never been my favorite actress on the show, but the substitute Maxie just isn't nearly as good. She's given me new respect for Kirsten.

I haven't read anything about how long the OLTL actors will be on the show. I wonder if it's just a ratings stunt for February sweeps. They're definitely publicizing the heck out of it. I've seen commercials on so many channels - ones that weren't ABC or SoapNet.

Disappointed to hear that nuMaxie will be there longer, and particularly do not like nuKate. If she is going to become a major character then they need to up the actress. Too many average actors invading the show right now.

What is with the repeat story line of new doctor/old crazy girlfriend at GH again... Steve's ex is a repeat of Patrick's ex (Lisa). What am I missing?

+ Reply to Thread