+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree743Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

Wow! Abbie killed??? I sure didn't see that coming! So, was this part of the twisted mega-Franco plot? Or the stripper-stalker plot? Or just a random accident?

I saw it coming only because we hadn't seen her much lately and it seemed like they were done with the whole Michael/Abby storyline. Very sad, because I liked the two of them together. Now, this gives them an excuse to turn Michael into Sonny Jr.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was shocked about Abby simply because I hadn't heard a whisper of the actress leaving. There's still a part of me that wonders if it's really true. When was the last time they killed a semi-major character without having that info leak out? Or has it been in the mags? I haven't really kept up with Digest or Weekly in the last couple of weeks...
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I don't remember if it leaked out before David Hayward was murdered on AMC, but I know it was a total secret that he wasn't dead. His return was a huge surprise.

I wasn't surprised that they killed off Abby just because we'd hardly seen her over the last few months. I figured something was up.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I'm so depressed at the possibility this show will be cancelled. It's my after work destressing guilty pleasure. I'm also sad Abby was killed. Poor Michael. I couldn't help reflecting how much better this Michael is than the former one. I can't imagine him carrying the load since his absence. Very mad at Robin for wanting to disappear.
    Count your blessings!

I'm really sad about all of it too, Gut. Although I started watching AMC first, I feel like GH was my "first love." Even though I get so annoyed with the show sometimes, I can't imagine it being gone.

ITA about the actor playing Michael. I wasn't happy about the recast, but I really like him now.

It does feel like they're winding the show down though. With several long-time actors leaving, it feels like a sign of things to come. I feel like they really dropped the ball on the whole Abby/Michael relationship. It could have been really great, but they chose to make it all about Sonny, which is what happens to a lot of storylines on this show.

Speaking of Sonny, is anyone else bored senseless over this whole Bensonhurst storyline? The nuKate is horrible - there's NO chemistry between them at all. They wasted Megan Ward when she was on the show and she was ten times better than this new actress.

If they DO end up canceling the show, I really hope they get Mac and Alexis together after so many years of dancing around each other. Those two characters are totally underutilized.

The Lady in White storyline and the stuff with (is ir?) Ewan is I think what should have happened before Franco came on the scene. I can't help wondering if the show would be in better shape if they had gone ahead with this storyline two years ago instead of this ridiculous Franco crap.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I saw it coming only because we hadn't seen her much lately and it seemed like they were done with the whole Michael/Abby storyline. Very sad, because I liked the two of them together. Now, this gives them an excuse to turn Michael into Sonny Jr.
    Yes, like Sonny whose significant others are always endangered. Very Michael Corleone.

Are you all haaring rumors that GH is danger as well, or are you just guessing from the fate of AMC and OLTL? I've been wondering what will happen with the soap opera mag that does one channel's soaps each week... CBS one week, NBC the next, ABC after that. Is the ABC week all GH, or does GH get rolled into some other channel's week?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yes, like Sonny whose significant others are always endangered. Very Michael Corleone.

Are you all haaring rumors that GH is danger as well, or are you just guessing from the fate of AMC and OLTL? I've been wondering what will happen with the soap opera mag that does one channel's soaps each week... CBS one week, NBC the next, ABC after that. Is the ABC week all GH, or does GH get rolled into some other channel's week?
    There are rumors all over the place, and not just because Katie Couric's new daytime talk show is apparently taking GH's time slot starting in September. From what I've read, the announcement is coming, we just don't know when.

I'm sure those soap mags are going down the tubes too or are at least being drastically downsized. Sad. It's not just the people working on the soap who may lose their livelihoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Nilesgirl, I think it's actually
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ian that shoots Michael, not Claudia, though she orders the hit on Sonny. Apparently though, she is devasted by the "mistake". She does hold to the "you don't mess with family" code of ethics...such as it is
    . Either way, should make for good story! Anyway, I guess I'm in the minority, because I really like Claudia. I've always been a Sarah B fan, and I think this character is fun, with lots of places for her to go I keep thinking something nasty happened with her and Trevor when she was younger (molested, maybe?) and I'm trying to figure age-wise a way for her to turn out to be Johnny's mom. OK, I realize it's impossible and not going to happen...Cady McClain's Dixie as mom to Jacob Young's JR aside...but you have to admit she is so protective of him. She acts very parental towards him, but I guess that's just because she is a good bit older than him. But I still think Trevor molested her.
    I knew somwhere years ago I had posted that I got a maternal vibe from Claudia towards Johnny! This was posted 4/01/08. The only thing I had wrong (other than thinkingTrevor molested her...and who the heck was Trevor?? ) was that I figured it coudn't possibly be true because Claudia would have been way too young. I wonder if they had that in mind from way back when, or if Sarah Brown just played t that way?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My sister was my mother.... jeepers.... I've only started to watch GH again as I'm waiting for Todd and Blair to show up (and I only watch OLTL and AMC again as they were going off the air, but I did read about them in SOD---work conflicts until recently). I barely know who any of these people are other than Sonny, Jason, Robin, Max, Tracy, Luke and Jax...well, I know who Carly is, just not with the new face. However thought the Johnny actor did a good job playing it, and I do love the actor who plays his grand/father from the Hill St. Blues days. Not at all clear why he would want to blackmail Tracy into marrying him. Can someone explain what HE gets out of it? Or is he really crazy? Doesn't he have enough money without getting involved with the Q's?

+ Reply to Thread