+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree753Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I am sooooooo sorry to hear that Jonathan Jackson is leaving, and happy to hear that the actress who plays Kristina will be leaving too. But please, razorbacker, in the future please post that kind of info as spoilers. I don't read 'spoiler type' info about GH cause I'd rather not know what's going to happen, ahead of time --- and I think a lot of us would prefer to choose whether or not we want to have that info in advance.
    I understand & once again, I apologize. But, again, just because an actor or actress is leaving for whatever reason, doesn't mean the character will be written out. I have no information on those two "characters" whatsoever. But, I just can't see either of them just going away.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I understand & once again, I apologize. But, again, just because an actor or actress is leaving for whatever reason, doesn't mean the character will be written out. I have no information on those two "characters" whatsoever. But, I just can't see either of them just going away.
    Thanks razorbacker, appreciate that very much. By the way, my comment was referring only to the actors, and not their characters. To many of us, the changing of actors is just as much "news" as the storylines themselves. So I'm aware that the characters may live on, being played by other actors. Lucky is an integral character in GH and it is very likely that someone else will be hired to replace Jonathan Jackson. On the other hand, my guess is that once the Lisa Niles storyline is finished, the role won't be recast.

Recasting is such an interesting phenomenon in the case of shows that go on for a long time, because whether we like the actors who play these characters or not, they "are" the characters to us. For example, in the case of Jonathan Jackson, partially because he's played Lucky since he was a child, and partially because I've always liked him so much, no one else is really Lucky to me. When he's been replaced in the past, even if I've like the new actor playing the Lucky role, in the back of my mind it's just that -- some new actor playing Lucky.

Occasionally we just don't like the actor who is playing a particular role and are pleasantly relieved if/when they're recast. The new actor might still not seem 'real' -- but we're glad they're there anyway.

For me, the recasting of Lisa Niles is sad on two fronts. Although I depised the Lisa Niles character, I actually like Brianna Brown very much and wish she could've been cast in a less evil role --- or that the Lisa character could've been rehabilitated with a change of heart. I'll be very sorry to see her go.

Hmmmmm, interesting scenario: doctor invites his pretty, blond, ex-girlfriend to come to GH to work. Ex-girlfriend still has feelings for doctor, and comes to GH hoping for something more than just the work. . . Is it just me, or does the new pretty blond doctor (Maggie)/Steve/Olivia triangle seem uncomfortably reminiscent of the new pretty blond doctor (Lisa Niles)/Patrick/Robin triangle??? Are the writers running out of ideas?

I don't know how to do the whole spoiler thing, so I'll just say that if anyone is interested & wants to do a search, another regular has announced their departure from the show. Are these mice leaving a sinking ship?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I don't know how to do the whole spoiler thing, so I'll just say that if anyone is interested & wants to do a search, another regular has announced their departure from the show. Are these mice leaving a sinking ship?
    Oh No! I just Googled...it was sadly way to easy to find First Lucky, and now this?? Losing Kristina is disappointing too, don't get me wrong, I thought Lexi Ainsworth was a good actress and played her part very well....but Lucky and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Robin
    are both legacy characters as well as actors!! I really want to keep hope alive that GH has a shot at survival, but it sure is getting hard
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Oh No! I just Googled...it was sadly way to easy to find First Lucky, and now this?? Losing Kristina is disappointing too, don't get me wrong, I thought Lexi Ainsworth was a good actress and played her part very well....but Lucky and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Robin
    are both legacy characters as well as actors!! I really want to keep hope alive that GH has a shot at survival, but it sure is getting hard
    Agreed. I think many of the actors are seeing the writing on the wall and it makes me so sad. On Dirty Soap, Kelly Monaco was talking about how uncertain the future of soaps is and wanting to figure out her next career move in case GH is canceled. I think we'll see more exits coming up and, probably a cancellation announcement in the next 6 months I hate Brian Frons.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, I guess it's official --- Katie Couric starts in September in GH's time slot on ABC . . . BUT as far as I know, I still haven't heard ABC saying that GH is 'cancelled.' Does anyone have the latest GH news?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Well, I guess it's official --- Katie Couric starts in September in GH's time slot on ABC . . . BUT as far as I know, I still haven't heard ABC saying that GH is 'cancelled.' Does anyone have the latest GH news?
    I haven't heard anything, but its only a matter of time.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

If it's true....I'm definitely more disappointed than with AMC and OLTL Although they've all been a part of my life for over 30 years (I still can't believe it's that long!) GH has always been my favorite. The only positive in this final nail in the Soap Opera coffin...GH will be the one ABC soap to get a satisfying wrap-up. None of this "we'll save you...no we won't....quick, re-write the ending!" crap we got with AMC and OLTL. I read a recent interview with Chrishelle Stause from AMC where she was talking (very generally) about the original ending they shot and the great vignettes we missed out on. I don't even want to think about how frustrating the OLTL ending is going to be now that the show isn't going over to to the internet. My one hope is, if GH knows there is no chance of continuing, they make these last months the best. Take the time to wrap things up right. Bring back Lexi and convince JJ to hang in there just a little while longer (because really, he and Liz belong together - permanent lock). Bring back Genie Francis please, and Vanessa Marcil - as the real Brenda, not the girl who came back this last time. And oh yeah....please stop the Robin story from going where it looks like its headed ASAP! (I haven't watched this week yet, so don't know for sure what's up with Robin, but....) ABC fans deserve so much more than what we've been given. We ended up with a double slap in the face with the way the whole AMC and OLTL mess was handled. If there truly is no chance of saving GH, then at least let it die with the amazing, and satisfying, grand finale that a show with 48 years of history and the most Emmy wins for best daytime drama deserves.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I haven't heard anything, but its only a matter of time.
    I think that has been the case ever since Disney announced SoapNet was going to become yet another network for children's programing.

+ Reply to Thread