+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

If something doesn't happen, good bad or indifferent, with Jason & Sam I am liable to fly to Hawaii & beat the hell out of both of them before anyone else can.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    why is there a different Maxie?
    The regular one is ill.

So does Kirsten Storms have meningitis too like Becky Herbst did a while back? They're dropping like flies over there on the GH set!

This new Kate is horrid. She's a total bore and has absolutely no warmth, vulnerability OR depth. With the last actress, you could see the person behind the bitch mask. This one is an ice queen and not a very good one

Yeah, I find myself hoping that Hawaii will sink into the ocean and put us all out of our misery with this snooze of a Sam/Jason honeymoon. They bore the hell out of me in general and this is worse than normal.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I think Jason and Sam's honeymoon is just a 'gift' to those of us who do like Jason and Sam together, and rarely get to see them just chilling out and being in love. Besides, it's only the lull before the storm -- which is apparently just about to hit! And at the same time, the 'Lisa storm' is also just about to hit Robin and Patrick -- but I have to say, as much as I dread it, I was THRILLED to see Lisa hit Anthony in the gut with the rusty nail board! Hahahaha --- never saw that coming!

PS I have to make one comment about how HORRIFIED I was to see Carly tagging along with Sean to go into the frey to rescue her beloved Jason from the unspeakable Franco dangers and CARRYING HER BABY with her!!!! Are you serious Carly???? You, the big-mouthed "I protect my kids at all costs" mother bringing your baby girl with you to battle the devil???? PULEEEZE!!! Somebody stand her up against a wall and shoot her!

Why are they shoving this Olivia-Steve relationship down our throats? They have NO chemistry and, frankly, all of his singing is cringe-worthy. I can't find the mute button fast enough.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Why are they shoving this Olivia-Steve relationship down our throats? They have NO chemistry and, frankly, all of his singing is cringe-worthy. I can't find the mute button fast enough.
    True, and true, although the only way to find out if a couple has any screen chemistry is to try them out together and see what happens (like Elizabeth and Matt kissing the other day. . . ewwwww, no chemistry at all!!!!) --- but in regard to Olivia and Steve, I'm hoping (as much as I really like Steve) that this is just a rebound relationship for Olivia and that she and Johnny will find their way back to each other. Johnny had an interesting bit of a fling with Lisa, and assuming that he survives Lisa's paralyzing injection (LOL, which he probably will) -- I can definitely see the possibility of Johnny and Olivia wanting to have each other back.

Speaking of Lisa --- God, she is like Dr. Frankenstein and the Monster all rolled up into one character --- I just can't stand the melodrama of the Lisa stalking everyone on the boat scenes - with Anthony's help, no less. Between those two and the Franco storyline -- as of yesterday's (Friday's) episode, I'm giving GH a pass for a week or two until hopefully the Lisa storyline will be over. The Franco storyline will unfortunately probably drag on for a while --- and we'll probably have Anthony with us for a long time --- but now with all this "horror" going on --- it's just not what I'm interested in watching.

On a more romantic note -- I smell the beginning of a new 'couple' --- Dante and the new pretty lady cop (don't even know her name yet). Lulu is clearly in the process of backing off from Dante --- and Dante and the lady cop are still in the "I don't know you/I don't like you" phase, but I see some sparks there --- and I predict that she's the one who will console Dante when Lulu breaks his heart --- leading to some rebound passion and perhaps a real romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    True, and true, although the only way to find out if a couple has any screen chemistry is to try them out together and see what happens (like Elizabeth and Matt kissing the other day. . . ewwwww, no chemistry at all!!!!) --- but in regard to Olivia and Steve, I'm hoping (as much as I really like Steve) that this is just a rebound relationship for Olivia and that she and Johnny will find their way back to each other. Johnny had an interesting bit of a fling with Lisa, and assuming that he survives Lisa's paralyzing injection (LOL, which he probably will) -- I can definitely see the possibility of Johnny and Olivia wanting to have each other back.
    I would LOVE to see those two back together! They have great chemistry!
    Speaking of Lisa --- God, she is like Dr. Frankenstein and the Monster all rolled up into one character --- I just can't stand the melodrama of the Lisa stalking everyone on the boat scenes - with Anthony's help, no less. Between those two and the Franco storyline -- as of yesterday's (Friday's) episode, I'm giving GH a pass for a week or two until hopefully the Lisa storyline will be over. The Franco storyline will unfortunately probably drag on for a while --- and we'll probably have Anthony with us for a long time --- but now with all this "horror" going on --- it's just not what I'm interested in watching.
    I miss the "good" villains, like Faison and, yes, even the Cassadines. I'm sure Brianna Brown is a lovely person. I just hate Lisa and not in an love-to-hate way. Franco is just a ridiculous distraction. He's a bad actor and, sorry, he's never felt scary or menacing to me. He's more like a half-wit court jester.
    On a more romantic note -- I smell the beginning of a new 'couple' --- Dante and the new pretty lady cop (don't even know her name yet). Lulu is clearly in the process of backing off from Dante --- and Dante and the lady cop are still in the "I don't know you/I don't like you" phase, but I see some sparks there --- and I predict that she's the one who will console Dante when Lulu breaks his heart --- leading to some rebound passion and perhaps a real romance.
    I got the feeling that new cop was a lesbian. I seem to remember someone asking about her relationship situation and she was very cryptic. I could be way off base, of course. I haven't watched regularly over the last week or so.

Does anyone else watch the show on Soapnet? Those "People are Talking" commercials kill me. Who ARE these nitwits that they quote from their FB page? They all lurve Franco and gush about the men on the show like they're 15 years old. I cringe every time one of those commercials comes on. Plus, I think it perpetuates the belief that all soap fans are vapid women: "Sooooo damn hot!" Really?

Thought it was just me not liking Steve and Olivia together. Actually, I'd like to see Olivia in a solid relationship with "herself" and not need a man to fall into bed with. WAY too much over sexualization between her and every relationship she's ever been involved with. No chemistry between them and I couldn't change the channel quick enough when the guitar found it's way on the boat last week.

Feel like GH needs some new stories. Tired of Franco, Lisa, Patrick and Robin, Carly and her constant demands, and was not interested in Dante and the new officer last week either! The new "Kate" is ridiculous! Ugh, maybe I just need a break!! LOL!!

I'm taking a break to do work for a grad class, but reading here to keep up with the story lines. Doesn't sound like I'm missing much.
    Count your blessings!

I don't care if Steve & Olivia stay together or not as long as they find a way to script in more pole dances....ha!

+ Reply to Thread