+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1144Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I hadn't really noticed, Gut. Maybe he's prickly because his wife, inexplicably, is now chief of staff. Either that, or he's just overworked, seeing as how there are only 4 doctors in the entire hospital...unless you count Monica, whose only medical function seems to be attending conferences. Even if the hospital wasn't woefully understaffed, half the population of Port Charles needs brain surgery in any given week, so Patrick is always busy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So true!
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Speaking of Patrick, I think we may have a new storyline twist opening up because Robin, at the last moment, made a fairly rational decision, to take the over-worked and thoroughly exhausted Patrick off of Kristina's brain surgery and assign Matt to the surgery instead. Of course, if Matt screws up, not only will we have a disabled Kristina (who will of course milk that for all it's worth, especially to Ethan), but we'll also have a huge Patrick-Robin-Matt 'blame-fest' -- not to mention papa Sonny threatening to murder all three of them.

By the way, I just have to mention something that's been driving me crazy, about this business of what a hospital chief-of-staff's REAL duties and obligations are. This whole business of Robin having the power to randonly assign doctors to all different kinds of cases -- some that they don't even normally handle --- is TOTALLY RIDICULOUS AND PREPOSTEROUS! First of all, Chiefs don't decide who a patient's doctor is, THE PATIENT DOES!!! Can you imagine going to a surgeon for, say, a specific, delicate kind of surgery only to find when you woke up, that without your knowledge or consent, some other surgeon in a totally different field of medicine had been assigned to do your surgery???? That would never happen and the hospital would be sued again and again for such nonsense. And yet, ever since Robin has become GH's Chief, she does it every day.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-12-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Lulu's an idiot! She broke up with Dominic because he wouldn't tell her confidential police business. Good. He can find someone better... I vote for a May/December relationship with Alexis.
    Count your blessings!

I was a mess today during GH... if you haven't watched it yet, bring your hankies!
    Count your blessings!

I guess you like Sam and Jaosn together more than I do, Gut! I liked the addition of Lila and Alan's rings - that was touching because of those characters.

I did almost shed a tear over Lisa being alive. WTF? I thought we were finally free from her. Hated her and hate Franco. If they don't kill him off this time, I'm going to be seriously ticked off. When I think about what would have happened on the show if he hadn't come on, I get really annoyed. Likely, they would not have written off Tyler Christopher and we'd be seeing much more Cassadine stuff - including Helena - because of the new Cassadine that was supposed to show up last fall....but then didn't because of freaking Franco.

I'm not a huge fan of James Franco anyway, but he really seems to be hamming it up on this show and giving an over-the-top performance that people who don't watch soaps think is typical of soap actors. If I was an actor on this show, I'd be offended. IMO, Steve Burton is a much better actor than James Franco.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Not a huge Jasam fan, but the rings and the ceremony put me over the top. Any chance the new Cassadine character is being introduced now with the mysterious person uncovering Laura's portrait and drawing her name in the sand? I'm with you on Franco and Lisa - enough already! There are already too many storylines going on and nobody likes them!
    Count your blessings!

I don't know if they just completely gave up on the lost Cassadine storyline or not. They even cast an actor I like - Matt Borlenghi - and then kept pushing back the story because of Franco. I felt bad for MB. I know I'd be ticked off if I'd beenst cast in a part and then lost it because of this crappy stoyline. We also never saw the other promised Ward sister materialize. I think that's a moot point now thoughg.

Overall, I'm happy with the new direction of the show, I just can't stand Lisa or Franco. I'm enjoying Sonny getting snubbed by the entire town. For too long, he's just been able to do what he wanted and, under Bob Guza, he always got away with it. It's nice to see him dealing with some consequences finally.

I hoped we'd have Skye in town long term. I love to see her sparring with Tracy. I pretty much love Tracy in every scene. I particularly enjoy her relationship with Lulu, because it's so loving and maternal and we don't often see that side of Tracy.

I always preferred Elizabeth with Jason, but I thought that little moment she had with Matt the other day had potential. They had interesting chemistry. Plus, there's also the added bonus of them dating driving Maxie insane!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I TOTALLY LOVED Jason and Sam's wedding. It was completely unexpected, very romantic, and absolutely delicious. I cried, and had to watch it twice. (Thanks TIVO) God only knows what chaotic horrors are going to come down tonight at their 'formal' wedding -- with all the planned violence by Johnny, Anthony, and Franco --- so it's a good thing Jason and Sam will already be legally married.

Speaking of Anthony -- and his Dr. Frankenstein revival of Lisa the Monster --- months ago, I KNEW, KNEW, KNEW that when Lisa went into a coma (rather than actually being killed) that she would eventually wake up and be back to reign more terror over Robin and Patrick. I really don't like the Psychotic/Killer Lisa storyline --- but I'd rather have her as the villain than some of the other villains on the show, who I like even less, like Franco. (And doesn't it seem like there are an unusually high number of villains in PC these days?)

why is there a different Maxie?

+ Reply to Thread