+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 526 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast
Like Tree1088Likes

Thread: General Hospital

I haven't watched this show consistently for over 4 years now and yet when I occasionally watch it, i have zero problem catching up. Things just never change. The pairings do, but nothing else. GH used to be my favourite, now it's just so bland.

Oh cool...a GH thread!

I've watched since Luke and Laura. Loved Sonny and Emily. I like Soily ok. Anything's better than Carly and Sonny. UGH! LOL

I saw the post for favorite soaps, but there are too many to talk about and it's hard to find the ones you watch so you can respond. I'm not sure how I feel about Sonny and Emily. At first I thought, you must be kidding! She's so sugary sweet that I don't like her character much.

Someone needs to get rid of Manny. He's the cause of all these shootings. Glad Emily got rid of those fake nails, she looked and acted awkward with them. Is it just me or does she just seem too young for Sonny?

Well, in real life I would say the actors have at least a 20 year age difference. Miguel who would be in his 30's now could have been Sonny's son and Emily is at most 25 even with TV aging, so yeah-I think they look pretty nasty together. I think I would enjoy this coupling more if we weren't supposed to believe that they were in "love". If they tossed Emily/Sonny and Sam/Jason from view I would be a happy camper!

According to imdb.com, there's an age difference of 13 years between Maurice Benard and Natalia Livington. There was a 15 year age difference between Genie Francis and Tony Geary but somehow that didn't seem nearly as 'dirty old mannish" as the Sonny-Emily pairing. (well, except for the whole rape storyline )

I generally f-fwd through everything involving Sonny, Jason and Sam. I used to actually like Sam. Now I just want Alexis to smack her.

Loving the SL with Patrick and Robin. I hope they don't get busted for the paperwork forging for the transplant surgery....who am I kidding - of course they will! I really like the new nurse, Epiphany. Now GH has three nurses! Four if you count Audrey Hardy!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    According to imdb.com, there's an age difference of 13 years between Maurice Benard and Natalia Livington. There was a 15 year age difference between Genie Francis and Tony Geary but somehow that didn't seem nearly as 'dirty old mannish" as the Sonny-Emily pairing. (well, except for the whole rape storyline )
    Wow, I thought Maurice was MUCH older than that, and Natalia younger. I just don't see anyh chemistry between them. I am so happy Robin is back! She really brings back memories of how great GH used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Loving the SL with Patrick and Robin. I hope they don't get busted for the paperwork forging for the transplant surgery....who am I kidding - of course they will! I really like the new nurse, Epiphany. Now GH has three nurses! Four if you count Audrey Hardy!
    I am LOVING Patrick and Robin... just LOVING them! She's losing a bit of her "uptightness" the more she lets her guard down around him and I adore it. Plus, anything that keeps him away from Carly. Blech... nasty pairing.

Epiphany is such a hoot.... very Bailey-ish, isn't she?

And I, too, am glad that they're finally getting back to the hospital.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    Wow, I thought Maurice was MUCH older than that, and Natalia younger. I just don't see anyh chemistry between them. I am so happy Robin is back! She really brings back memories of how great GH used to be.
    According to imdb.com she just turned 30 - so she's playing younger. I don't see the chemistry either Then again, I didn't like her with Tyler Christopher. She's a beautiful girl but they've yet to pair her with someone successfully, imho. The scenes with Emily and Jason were great today. She clearly doesn't get it and I loved hearing Jason tell her the real deal about Sonny. I'd love to see a rift develop between Sonny and Jason...more than this one that's been going on for only a few days.

Today's show was awesome! Did I say I wanted to smack Sam? By the end of the show she had me in tears.The scenes with Sam and Alexis were so good. In spite of herself, Sam is starting to want to get to know Alexis AND she's feeling sympathetic towards her. I like Sam so much better when she's not yelling and being all self-righteous. That moment at the end when she was in the room alone and whispered "You forgot your glasses....Mom"

Tomorrow looks good too with Robin and Patrick scenes. I can't believe that I almost don't mind the Sonny scenes when they're mixed in with good stuff.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Recap for yesterday: Lucky was rushed to the hospital and underwent back surgery but there was no sign of paralysis. Emily at first told Nicholas that she was going to stop seeing Sonny but then realized that she couldn't live her life trying to please everyone. She went back to Sonny's and told him that she wants to be with him. They shared a kiss.
    Sonny told Sam that it wasn't up to Jason to decide whether or not she should tell Alexis that she is her daughter. Just like it's not up to him to decide who Sonny can and cannot see (or Emily for that matter).
    Maxie, Georgie and Dillon started making arrangements for Jesse's funeral.
    Jason realized Manny could very well still be alive and worried that he would go after the people that Jason loves so he raced home to check on Sam. He embraced her and told her he loved her and that Manny is still on the loose.
    Jason said that Sonny is too distracted to keep his mind on his work and that he (Jason) may have to step in. At the same time, at Sonny's, Emily overheard Sonny telling Max that there will be no war (as far as he and Jason are concerned). He said that Jason may try and start one and that he (Sonny) will do whatever it takes to stop him. (Or something to that effect)
    Robin performed emergency surgery on Patrick saving his life.
    That's all I can remember. If anyone else remembers anything, please post.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread