+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree753Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

E has photos of the return of Franco. Supposed to happen 9/20. I would have posted a lik, but there are spoilers in the link title & I don't know how to do the spoilers thing.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    E has photos of the return of Franco. Supposed to happen 9/20. I would have posted a link, but there are spoilers in the link title & I don't know how to do the spoilers thing.
    It's interesting that when the rumor first started, a couple of months ago, James Franco was all over the media saying tht he WASN'T returning to GH right now, but suggesting that he may, though, in the future.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-01-2011 at 08:27 AM.

they have over used Franco and I could care less about him or his story
    Critical likes this.

I've never seen the appeal of James Franco. He's marginally attractive, moderately talented and the whole storyline is a whole lot of hype. Plus, he's taking time away from regular cast members. If he never comes back to the show, it will be too soon.

I hope Garin Wolf handles Franco better than Guza did. I've been encouraged by the last few weeks, but it could go bad at any moment. Getting rid of Siobahn was a step in the right direction, but there's a long way to go. I have to say, I loved last week with ALL of the Q's (save Lila) were onscreen. They need to find a way for Alan to be alive! He could have been in Pine Valley in David Hayward's clinic of long-dead characters!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I've never seen the appeal of James Franco. He's marginally attractive, moderately talented and the whole storyline is a whole lot of hype. Plus, he's taking time away from regular cast members. If he never comes back to the show, it will be too soon.
    I've never either and after his arrogant hosting duties at the Oscars, I cannot even stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I've never either and after his arrogant hosting duties at the Oscars, I cannot even stand him.
    I don't know that I'd call it arrogant. Apathetic is more like it. Sorry, but if you're hosting the Oscars, you just look like an ass if you don't work hard to do your best. He looked like he was barely phoning it in and thought he was being cool. Even if the jokes sucked, you make the best of it because you're a professional.

There are other actors on the show that I'd much rather see more of than to have the time wasted on Franco. Maybe there was a little ratings bump when he appeared before, but I'll bet that the ratings would improve as well if the storylines improved....and that wouldn't be a temporary improvement.

When the heck is Jason going to wake up? They spent all this time on him last week and now we've hardly seen him. What gives?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Don't worry, I'm sure when he wakes up he'll be all better in 2 days and back to whatever story line they have for him. Nobody convalesces in Port Charles.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I hope Garin Wolf handles Franco better than Guza did. I've been encouraged by the last few weeks, but it could go bad at any moment. Getting rid of Siobahn was a step in the right direction, but there's a long way to go. I have to say, I loved last week with ALL of the Q's (save Lila) were onscreen. They need to find a way for Alan to be alive! He could have been in Pine Valley in David Hayward's clinic of long-dead characters!
    I've been enjoying the show recently a lot too! I loved all the Jason fantasies....And Stuart Damon looked great! I would love to have Alan back. There was a scene where Monica was sitting in a chair in the Q living room, praying for Alan to keep Jason safe, and I kept expecting "ghost Alan" to put a hand on her shoulder, or touch her cheek....I'm even starting to enjoy Maxie and (dare I say) Spinelli. If he ends up living through this story arc, he might (fingers crossed) be allowed to come out the other side still quirky, but less of a caricature....and less annoying! I'm not sure I'm going to love Lucky spiraling back into addiction...but man JJ is great. If anyone will do the story justice, it's certainly him. I'm glad they brought him back, frankly I think it saved the character. And finally, I'm looking forward to seeing what develops between Carly and Shawn Now, if we could just get a decent (love, please!) story for Alexis.....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I've been enjoying the show recently a lot too! I loved all the Jason fantasies....And Stuart Damon looked great! I would love to have Alan back. There was a scene where Monica was sitting in a chair in the Q living room, praying for Alan to keep Jason safe, and I kept expecting "ghost Alan" to put a hand on her shoulder, or touch her cheek....I'm even starting to enjoy Maxie and (dare I say) Spinelli. If he ends up living through this story arc, he might (fingers crossed) be allowed to come out the other side still quirky, but less of a caricature....and less annoying! I'm not sure I'm going to love Lucky spiraling back into addiction...but man JJ is great. If anyone will do the story justice, it's certainly him. I'm glad they brought him back, frankly I think it saved the character. And finally, I'm looking forward to seeing what develops between Carly and Shawn Now, if we could just get a decent (love, please!) story for Alexis.....
    Me too, and that's HUGE! Those scenes in the cemetery where Maxi kept talking about Georgie (who I still miss) were terrific. You could see the Jackal PI facade falling a bit and I found it really moving. I wish we saw more of that part of Spinelli instead of the over-the-top caricature.

I like Shawn an awful lot, plus he's pretty to look at! If he could mellow Carly out a bit, that would be great!

YES! to Alexis finally getting a storyline! I think there's potential for her with Mac if they would explore it and not roll it out just on the holidays. This is why I have a problem with all the Franco nonsense - there are great characters who are not getting enough screen time already! Mac used to be sexy and fun and not just a stick-in-the-mud police chief. We saw a bit of it with the infamous "Macho Man" karaoke stuff with Patrick and a few weeks ago with Alexis. I wish they'd develop that more. Both John J. York and Nancy Lee Grahn are woefully underused.

I was rolling my eyes with Spinelli's "breakdown" at Jason's bedside... waaaay too "Shakespeare in the Park" for me. I do like that it was his fear of losing Stone Cold that brought him back.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread