+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree870Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Scanned through the episode yesterday in time to tune in and see Jason/Sam tell Carly that Sam would no longer leave the room when Carly entered unannounced into their home!!! Thought that was long overdue and wonderful!!
    Hearing Jason tell Carly she couldn't come unannounced into his penthouse anymore, and that Sam wasn't going to be leaving the room anymore was totally delicious!!! Too bad Sonny didn't love Brenda enough to give her the same 'wifely' respect and say that same thing to Carly. PS -- Love how Sonny is making the reason that Brenda left him JAX'S fault. Sonny should go back to Carly who is perfect for him. Neither one of them can ever take responsibility for their (terrible) words and actions!
    tapper01 likes this.

With so many Soap cancellations and rumors of possible cancellations, has anyone heard anything about what's going to happen to GH this coming Fall when the Katie Couric Show takes over the GH time slot on ABC?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    With so many Soap cancellations and rumors of possible cancellations, has anyone heard anything about what's going to happen to GH this coming Fall when the Katie Couric Show takes over the GH time slot on ABC?
    Katie Couric show is next fall, Sept. 2012.
    What I have heard is they are going to see how the 2 new shows are performing, as well as GH, and make their decision from that. Either cancel GH, or one of the new talk shows. I don't know what their timetable is though.

I think GH is safer than one of the new talk shows. Garin Wolf is already making his mark on the show, bringing back characters who belong on the show. I'm thrilled to see Monica finally return from her world tour of medical conferences! Those scenes she had with Carly and Sam in the hospital were terrific! It's also great to have Skye back. Now they need to resurrect Alan from the dead....he can be in David Hayward's clinic in Pine Valley! I'd love to see Dillon and Ned return as well.

I used to always look forward to Christmastime at the Quartermaines! NO one bickers like the Q's!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Love that Sam is finally getting a backbone! I haven't watched every day but when I do tune in she is standing up for herself against Carly and others and fighting for what she wants. Should be interesting when TG returns from summer vacation and finds Lucky in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I used to always look forward to Christmastime at the Quartermaines! NO one bickers like the Q's!
    Hey if we're lucky, maybe we'll even get some pizza come Thanksgiving!
    tapper01 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Siobahn is dead! (and I realize how messed up it is to celebrate a death) If this is a sign of what Garin Wolf wants to do as head writer, I'm all on board. Siobahn has always been annoying and shrill and that accent is SO bad.

Now if Spinnelli would just get knocked on the head and thrown in the harbor or something. He's annoying all the time, but this Jackal P.I. crap is cringe-worthy.

The commercials keep making it look like Jason might wake up a Quartermaine, but I don't believe it. Steve Burton has all but said that he would leave the show if the turned him back into Jason Quartermaine. I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think it will. I'd like for him to get his memories back and feel love for the Q's again, but STILL want to be in the mob. I think that would be much more interesting and realistic (ha!) than him just waking up with a completely different personality....or, rather, his old one....and if he didn't love Sam any more and wanted to be with Liz instead, I wouldn't complain! Whisper-y Sam has always driven me crazy.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Interesting. . . I just assumed that Jason was going to wake up 'a Quartermain' again, the first time he came out of surgery --- but he didn't, so then I assumed it would be this time around. That one shift could completely change the dynamics of quite a few characters in the show!!! I'm sorry to hear that Steve Burton is so opposed to it, because I think it would be so very interesting to see Jason take a role in that horrible Quartermain family, (especially since Michael has now almost been more-or-less brought into the Q fold), and Skye is back --- another 'quasi-Quartermain' who is also now tangentially associated with the mob through her dealings with Anthony. And getting back to Jason, wouldn't it be fabulous if he no longer had any loyalty to, or connection with Carly! Boo Hoo! Carly will have not only lost her precious Jason, but also Jax and also her feelings for Sonny. And even Michael is looking like he's siding with Sonny against her.

I'm really sorry Siobban was murdered. Didn't much care for her at the very beginning, but she kind of grew on me. I liked her storyline with Lucky, and although Lucky and Elizabeth will most likely find their way back to each other, the Siobban storyline could have been gently played out. I guess, to keep the mob legit, there's got to be some murders from time to time. . . too bad it wasn't Carly!

I'm not sorry Siobhan is gone, she turned way too jealous and hateful to Elizabeth. I'm sorry they wrote her that way.
    Count your blessings!

ITA Gut - they just ruined that character and made her so shrill. Plus, that accent was the worst. If an actor can't do a believable accent, then either don't hire them or make the character American! Remember Mac's awful Australian accent? I was so glad when they let that fade away!

+ Reply to Thread