+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree944Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Rest easy. James Franco has said this is not true - he isn't returning to the show in September or any time soon.
    Is James Franco Not Returning to General Hospital? - E! Online
    However, the producers are assuring the press that he is indeed returning.

I'm confused about something... where exactly was Sonny when he was sitting dejectedly on the stoop with graffiti on the door and walls and someone put money in his cup? Why did he shoulder his way in and then come right back out with what looked like jewelry in his hand? Did he drop it? Did I dream all this? I missed something here!!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    However, the producers are assuring the press that he is indeed returning.
    I, for one, hope the producers are full of it. I HATE the Franco storyline and James Franco in it. The character adds nothing and the storyline used up screen time that should have been devoted to all the contract players languishing on the back burner. Over a year ago, they cast a new Cassadine and then put it on hold for the Franco nonsense. The actor they cast, Matt Borlenghi is someone I was looking forward to seeing on the show. The other Ward sister never materialized either because they couldn't fit that storyline in once they got JF. .

I'm hopeful that Garin Wolf will do away with the crap that existed on this show under Bob Guza. I'm ready for more balance on this show and less of the mafia crap.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I read an article this past week that says once the Katie Couric show begins on ABC next Fall, GH will follow the other two lost soaps to the internet. I felt that once ABC announced they were going to recharge SoapNet into yet another kids cartoon network, Soaps (at least ABC soaps) were on their last laps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm confused about something... where exactly was Sonny when he was sitting dejectedly on the stoop with graffiti on the door and walls and someone put money in his cup? Why did he shoulder his way in and then come right back out with what looked like jewelry in his hand? Did he drop it? Did I dream all this? I missed something here!!!!!
    My guess is the brownstone he grew up in in Bensonhurst. My bet is he bought it...but that's just a guess and a bet
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    My guess is the brownstone he grew up in in Bensonhurst. My bet is he bought it...but that's just a guess and a bet
    I'm crying big crocodile tears for Sonny. Boo Hoo! All he's ever been asked to do --- by any of his wives/girlfriends/children is to walk away from the mob to keep them safe. No matter that they've been kidnapped, been shot at, been blown up, and even killed --- as he finally admitted to Brenda, when push comes to shove, his choice is the mob over the safety of the woman and children he professes to love soooo much. So if he's sad now, well, boo hoo, boo hoo!

PS For those Jax 'haters' --- say what you will about Jax, at least he always puts the safety of his child and Carly's kids over his own personal happiness. To me, THAT is what real love looks like.

The problem I have with Jax in this situation is he's being both hypocritical and completely unfair. Carly is right, his own brother is certainly no better than Sonny. And Carly is also right in saying Jax knew exactly what he was getting into when he married her and they had a child together - he had years of experience where both Sonny and Jason were concerned. Sonny was already the father of two of her children. It's one thing to say he doesn't want Joss around Sonny, but to say Sonny has to be completely out of their lives....and therefore out of his children's lives...is just wrong. Remember...Jax didn't have a problem marrying Sonny's sister and trying to start a family with her. And oh yeah...didn't he lie and try to keep Courtney's baby away from his rightful parent Nicolas then, too?
    Critical likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

It's the hypocrisy that drives me crazy with Jax. You know it's bad when CARLY is being the adult one in the situation! She's right too - Jerry is just as bad, if not worse, than Sonny. I just wanted to choke him for making me root for Carly! Here she is being all rational and wanting to share custody and he's being a selfish jerk and not budging. I used to love Jax, so it makes me sad that the writers just ruined a character I loved.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

It's not as black and white as you guys are painting it, and there's a huge difference . Jax's brother was always a sweet, nice guy (remember when he had that wonderful romance with Bobbie) and then all of a sudden, UNBEKNOWNST to Jax -- he became evil. Once Jerry became evil, Jax tried to cut all ties with him and never let him come around his family. Yes, Jax married Carly knowing who her kids' father is, but if you all remember, Carly promised Jax that her life with Sonny was all in the past -- she has never kept her word to Jax and has been consistently involved with Sonny (and Jason) ever since then, consistantly putting her own kids in danger by doing so. Once Jocelyn was born, Jax became terrified that she was in mortal danger from this whole mob lifestyle (not only from Sonny and Jason's usual enemies, but also including Franco, Jerry Jax, and the straw that broke the camel's back was Shawn -- the killer-for-hire that Sonny/Carly had guarding Jocelyn). I think Carly is in the wrong because she is in complete DENIAL about the danger that she herself allows her children to be in, and on the other hand, Jax has tried to do everything in his power to keep them safe. I don't blame him and I would do exactly the same thing. Because this is no joke. You can't have a normal kind of "shared custody" with a killer. No one is safe around Sonny and Jason. Olivia knew it at age 16, and never let Sonny even know he had a son, Alexis knew it and kept Kristina away from Sonny as much as she possibly could. Jason knew it and gave his own child away to Elizabeth and Lucky. Even Brenda, when she, in her heart-of-hearts, realized the danger that her little boy could be killed if he was around Sonny, took her child and left Sonny. It broke her heart, but she left the man she has loved all of her life, in order to protect her child.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 08-02-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Scanned through the episode yesterday in time to tune in and see Jason/Sam tell Carly that Sam would no longer leave the room when Carly entered unannounced into their home!!! Thought that was long overdue and wonderful!!
    tapper01 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread