+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree889Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think there's more skill in subtlety. Both versions of Spinelli are over-the-top caricatures. I could barely stomach the character when he first started and he's only gotten more annoying, IMO.
    I would agree "Jackal PI" is beyond annoying, but, I don't think it's necessarily B.A's fault. Both Spinelli and Jackal PI are written as over the top caricatures. Spinelli was kind of fun at first when he was fresh. I'd like to see Spinelli come out of this ridiculous Jackal persona changed for the better, and maybe be allowed to show us a little more subtlety and depth under Wolf's reign.

As for "sometimes they come back"....how soon do you all suppose it will be before Dillon comes back to give Michael a run for his money as they "only" Quartermaine heir? Tracy is not a happy camper right now
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    As for "sometimes they come back"....how soon do you all suppose it will be before Dillon comes back to give Michael a run for his money as they "only" Quartermaine heir? Tracy is not a happy camper right now
    I read something recently speculating that John-Paul Lavoisier (Rex on OLTL) would make a terrific new Dillon and I agree. I think he's got the right blend of quirky and handsome and he'd be able to keep up with Jane Elliott. Plus, he'll likely be out of work soon, considering that OLTL will probably have a much smaller budget online.

I'm happy that Wolf will be bringing people back, but I actually don't care if they bring Jackie Zeman back. She's destroyed her face with all that plastic surgery. She's not able to show any expression in her face at all and it just ends up making me sad to watch her. I did like what Wolf had to say about Nancy Lee Grahn. They've given her next to nothing to do lately, other than to react to the idiotic situations her daughters get into. Speaking of that, this Kristina pursuing Ethan storyline is just painful. It needs to end.

My hope is that this Jackal PI nonsense ends quickly. Ditto the Lulu in a brothel ridiculousness. Then Tony Geary will get back from his annual vacation and Luke can be redeemed.

On another note, I was thrilled to see Leslie Charleson today! She and Jane Elliott have always played off each other so well. I hope Wolf isn't just giving lip service to using vets and giving equal time to the hospital.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hey Critical,

I met Bradford a couple of years ago & he is nothing like either one of the two characters that he has played. He is a level headed down to earth type of person, so that leads me to the opinion that he is indeed quite a good actor. Just my opinion...

I read something recently speculating that John-Paul Lavoisier (Rex on OLTL) would make a terrific new Dillon and I agree. I think he's got the right blend of quirky and handsome and he'd be able to keep up with Jane Elliott. Plus, he'll likely be out of work soon, considering that OLTL will probably have a much smaller budget online.

I'm happy that Wolf will be bringing people back, but I actually don't care if they bring Jackie Zeman back. She's destroyed her face with all that plastic surgery. She's not able to show any expression in her face at all and it just ends up making me sad to watch her. I did like what Wolf had to say about Nancy Lee Grahn. They've given her next to nothing to do lately, other than to react to the idiotic situations her daughters get into. Speaking of that, this Kristina pursuing Ethan storyline is just painful. It needs to end.

My hope is that this Jackal PI nonsense ends quickly. Ditto the Lulu in a brothel ridiculousness. Then Tony Geary will get back from his annual vacation and Luke can be redeemed.

On another note, I was thrilled to see Leslie Charleson today! She and Jane Elliott have always played off each other so well. I hope Wolf isn't just giving lip service to using vets and giving equal time to the hospital.
    I am not a regular viewer anymore - I used to be, but there were things that turned me off to it. Now and then I like to check back in and see if there's anything worth watching. So, my opinions on characters are not based on anything recent.
    I love Elizabeth and Lucky together (tho what's with his hair? Mullet? come on) - there's just such a sad, longing to their relationship. I never bought into the relationship with Nicholas, though I think he's adorable. This new wife that Lucky has doesn't seem convincing to me - is this a real relationship? What's her story?

I absolutely can't stand Sam, and don't want my cute Jason with her. He's one of my favorites, and her character is just plain awful - how they've "redeemed" her from what she's done in the past is just beyond comprehension. Don't get it. I liked him with Elizabeth too, though she and Lucky belong together, in my opinion.

Glad to hear Nancy Grahn might be given more to do - love her. She's so pretty, in a natural-aging kind of way. Your comments, Critical, about Bobbie are spot-on: I hate to see the effects of plastic surgery on these women's faces (Kate on Days too). Where did she go - how did they write her out?
    I love Brenda and see so much chemistry with her and Sonny. Sonny hasn't always been my favorite character, but I like the two of them together. Carly is just ... Carly. She grates on my nerves.

If the love stories progress and pull me in, I might be hooked again, but if there's too much kookiness going on, I'll surely be out again.

Doesn't matter what they did to Sonny and Brenda this go around.....their scenes yesterday and today absolutely broke my heart Their incredible chemistry came through in spades. I hope GH lasts another 50 years. But when it's time for Sonny to leave PC.....please let him leave happy with Brenda!!
    tapper01 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Franco is coming back for an extended stay later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Franco is coming back for an extended stay later in the year.
    oh god not again

Today was Garin Wolf's first episode as head writer and the local news interrupted the entire broadcast! I'm going to have to watch it later on SoapNet. I'm sure it will take a little while for any discernible changes, but I'm eager to see what he's going to do.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    oh god not again
    Rest easy. James Franco has said this is not true - he isn't returning to the show in September or any time soon.
    Is James Franco Not Returning to General Hospital? - E! Online

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Rest easy. James Franco has said this is not true - he isn't returning to the show in September or any time soon.
    Is James Franco Not Returning to General Hospital? - E! Online
    I'm relieved! I do like James Franco, and would love to see him come in and out of GH playing a normal, non-monsterous character. But I think we have enough "bad guys" on GH to last us a while! Between Sonny + Anthony Zacchara and the various other mobsters, and Helena Cassadine, and Carly the super-bitch, and Ronnie, the pain-in-the-a$$-cop, the Mayor (who, fortunately, we don't see too much of any more), and let's not forget Lisa Niles -- who's in a coma (as opposed to being dead) -- which means she could come back to raise havoc at any time. Speaking of Lisa Niles, I felt the same way about the gal who played Lisa Niles as I do about James Franco . Loved her, but hated the role of Lisa!

Oh yeah, I forgot about Nikkolas --- it looks like he may be headed for a very dark
    Steffan Cassadine-like place. . .

+ Reply to Thread