+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Wait, what just happened? They just left her unattended on the floor, playing possum. Come on! There has to be SOME element of reality here.
    Count your blessings!

I haven't watched GH since the return of Brenduh. I really can't stand Jax(Candyboy he works my last nerve with his attitude of superiority.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    They announced today on the show that Becky Herbst is out on medical leave.
    And she's back today.

Argh. When the previews said Spinelli would wake up with a new personality, I was hoping it would be a less annoying one.
    navybelle likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So, is Lulu working at a whorehouse in the Old West? WTF is with that getup? Good grief.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

GH is really outdoing itself right now --- in a bad way. The episodes are just stupid and ridiculous and pretty much boring. Right now there's barely a story line that's worth watching. Spinelli, ughhhhhh, I have no words except GO AWAY! Lulu has become so tedious with her obsession to save Luke -- and Luke has become a total characature of his former self. Anthony --- enough already with the pseudo-charming/crazy routine! The fake ELQ set --- so tacky and 1950s looking. Carly -- get over yourself!

I don't know --- maybe it's just a phase and the storylines will improve but right now I'm just so grateful that I'm TIVOing the episodes so that I can fast-forward through all the garbage.

This Spinelli storyline is cringe-worthy. When will it end? I can't even watch much of Spin when he's "normal," but this is even worse. I was actually rooting for Anthony to shoot him today. I'm sure Bradford Anderson is a very nice guy, but he's not a good actor. These last few weeks have felt like a high school play.

Hopefully, we're almost to the end of the Bob Guza-written episodes. I'm more than ready to see Garin Wolf's vision of PC. Since he wrote for Night Shift and has been with GH for a long time, I'm going to remain optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This Spinelli storyline is cringe-worthy. When will it end? I can't even watch much of Spin when he's "normal," but this is even worse. I was actually rooting for Anthony to shoot him today. I'm sure Bradford Anderson is a very nice guy, but he's not a good actor. These last few weeks have felt like a high school play.

Hopefully, we're almost to the end of the Bob Guza-written episodes. I'm more than ready to see Garin Wolf's vision of PC. Since he wrote for Night Shift and has been with GH for a long time, I'm going to remain optimistic.
    As to the highlighted, I totally disagree. I think the guy has done two totally opposite diverse roles & done both of them well enough to make you dislike them both. I think he is really good.

I think there's more skill in subtlety. Both versions of Spinelli are over-the-top caricatures. I could barely stomach the character when he first started and he's only gotten more annoying, IMO.

I thought this interview with Garrin Wolf was pretty encouraging. I only hope he gets the chance to save the show before Frons decides to cancel it: General Hospital's New Head Writer Garin Wolf Looks to the Future - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

No real spoilers, BTW. He speaks in broad strokes and doesn't give much of anything away.

+ Reply to Thread