+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree997Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Click to see Spoiler:
    Maybe he'll kidnap Josslyn and disappear - one less child actor and grist for the mill.
    Count your blessings!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Vanessa Marcil just tweeted that her last filming day is coming soon, since her one-year contract is almost up. Maybe Brenda and Jax will leave town together.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Vanessa Marcil just tweeted that her last filming day is coming soon, since her one-year contract is almost up. Maybe Brenda and Jax will leave town together.
    That's the one thing I don't want to happen! Even though it's starting to look that way, I'd much rather
    Click to see Spoiler:
    they leave separately. Despite this go round, I've always felt Brenda belongs with Sonny. After all that's happened, I'd rather see her go off alone...or "die" until she's ready to come back again ...than end up with Jax. I don't see how they could make that pairing anymore than "second best" for either of them.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Just when I'm thinking how much I really like Shawn, he goes and punches that self-righteous, sanctimonious Jax-a$$....now it's quite possible I love him
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Interesting how we can see characters differently. I don't have any feelings one way or the other about Shawn, but I like Jax a lot and always have. I think at heart, he's a good and loving guy, who is truly primarily interested in keeping his kids (and Carly's) kids safe from harm. I don't see that as being self-righteous. Yes, he's been portrayed as a shrewd business guy, but I don't think he's ever been a "bad" guy, and certainly not a career mobster like Sonny or a serial murderer like Jason --- not to mention all of the other mobsters and miscellaneous other evil people on the show -- past and present. Jeez, compared to Anthony Zackarra, Franco, Lisa Niles, Jerry Jacks, Claudia Zackarra, and Helena Cassadine, to name a few, Jax is a pretty good guy. And talk about self-righteous -- Carly, who is continually doing some extremely despicable things, is the QUEEN of self-righteousness!

Admittedly, Jax has never been my favorite character. I did like him better when he was (briefly) involved with Alexis....and V, remember her? I was warming up to him again while paired with Carly, but I think he has been pretty horrible with this whole custody mess. Carly isn't the best mother by a long shot, but she loves her kids. She's certainly no worse than most other soap moms as far as that goes...at least she remembers she has kids I get the whole "he's trying to protect Joss" thing, and I don't think he's a bad guy...I just think he's acting like a jerk about it

As for Shawn, I'm intrigued by his character. They haven't shoved him down our throats, so I enjoy when he comes on, and I like the dichotomy of this former gun for hire who's so gentle with the children he runs across. The fact that they're letting a black guy play this multi-faceted character is a bonus. I think often times when a minority plays a "hero" or "good guy" (and I'm pretty sure that's where they're going with him...whatever "good guy" means in the GH world ), they're not allowed to show strong negative emotion - they're either hero (and never violent) or villain. I'm curious to see where they go with Shawn' story....and there has to be more to it than he just shot one of his own men in cold blood.
    Desiderata

I've always liked Jax, but he's just gone over the deep end lately. I was happy when they paired him with Carly, but then he became obsessed with Sonny and Jason. HE married Carly - he knew what he was getting into. Plus, his own brother has proved just as much (if not more) of a danger as Sonny or Jason. He's a bit of a hypocrite, imo.

I like the Shawn character too. They haven't painted him into a corner yet, as soaps often do, so there are lots of possibilities.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Why is the role of Elisabeth Webber being played by a different woman? I thought she re-signed

I was just coming here to ask the same thing. They shouldn't have tried to match her so closely... at least they could have spiced up the girl's hair and makeup. She looks like a washed out version of Elizabeth.
    Count your blessings!

They announced today on the show that Becky Herbst is out on medical leave.

+ Reply to Thread