+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1097Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer View Post
    I just recently started watching General Hospital again after many many years of not seeing it and have most of the characters figured out and in place. One that I don't know how they came about is Ethan - he is Luke's son? Who is is mother?
    His mother is Holly.

I felt sorry for Brenda today when she admitted to Jax that she looked at her son and couldn't find any feeling for him. How sad! If she had been able to bond with the child from his birth she may have been able to get over the hatred she felt for his father and to love him as her child...now he is, as she said...a cute little boy that she feels no connection to. It didn't help either that Suzanne gave him his father's name.

Brenda probably found it easier to bond with Lucien because he looked more like Sonny and did not have Alexander's name.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Oh, happy day! Soap Opera Digest is reporting that Bob Guza (Mr. Mafia) is out as head writer!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hopefully, for me anyway, there will be less mob stories.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Wow! That's GOOD news! I never did care for the mob stories as anything more than a very minor part of the show --- not practically the whole show wrapped around crime families (including Luke). Wonder how long it will take before the viewers start seeing the difference in the writing. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Wow! That's GOOD news! I never did care for the mob stories as anything more than a very minor part of the show --- not practically the whole show wrapped around crime families (including Luke). Wonder how long it will take before the viewers start seeing the difference in the writing. . .
    Yeah! Maybe some of these overly long and drawn out stories will FINALLY be put to rest! The Lisa/Patrick mess is just silly, and I can't even watch when Abby or Michael come into a scene--want those two to just go off to college together somewhere and come back real people.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

BE STILL MY HEART!!!! Are we really done with Lisa's crazy-a** schemes to wreck havoc on Robin and Patrick????? I thought maybe Johnny was going to figure out a way to set her free, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen, after her badmouthing of Claudia --- so what else can she do to keep up her reign of terror to keep tormenting Robin and Patrick?

Tony Geary was showing some of his best work yesterday in the scenes with Lulu and then with Sonny. His lashing out at Lulu and then realizing that he was becoming just like the father he hated was very poignant. Lucky's scene with Lulu when he tried to explain to her why he had to stay away from Luke was terrific too. Looking forward to today's episode.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer View Post
    Tony Geary was showing some of his best work yesterday in the scenes with Lulu and then with Sonny. His lashing out at Lulu and then realizing that he was becoming just like the father he hated was very poignant. Lucky's scene with Lulu when he tried to explain to her why he had to stay away from Luke was terrific too. Looking forward to today's episode.
    I totally agree! I have watched this show since the 70's and Anthony Geary has been absolutely phenominal throughout this storyline. And yesterday he upped the bar again. I love what they've done with this completely flawed character. Actually I enjoyed the whole episode. I thought the scene with Lulu and Dante and the glass in her finger was sweet and well done, and I enjoyed Kristina coming to Brenda for advice on her wardrobe. The entire episode was a primer in what a soap should be IMHO
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Click to see Spoiler:
    Jax, or at least Ingo, has been let go by GH..
    Last edited by Critical; 05-26-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

+ Reply to Thread