+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1144Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Yowza! Michael and Abby do the deed!
    Count your blessings!

A summary of today's episode, courtesy of Comcast Digital Cable onscreen guide: "Jason gets angry."

I'm glad Michael and Abby finally did the deed. I really like them together. I'd read spoilers and knew it was going to happen, but not when. Now I'll have to make sure to watch. Of all the new characters on the show Abby is my favorite and this relationship with Michael is WAY more realistic than the one between Lucky and Siohban, which just seems forced to me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

JJ gave an incredible performance again yesterday. Wow! Tony is certainly keeping up with him too and I loved it when they showed the flash back to a younger Luke and Lucky discussing fatherhood. Liz is also doing an awesome job at portraying the broken hearted mom. Problem is with these actors doing award winning acting, it really shows the short comings of some of the others...

I watched yesterday's epi last night...Micheal and Abby were awesome The fact that Micheal fumbled trying to unhook Abby's bra and the look on his face when she finally did it and he saw her was just too cute. It was a very realistic, sweet (and yup, pretty hot!) "first time" scene. I loooove these two and hope they are around for a long time.

I agree Minney, I thought Tony and Jonathan did an amazing job I really enjoyed the scene between Lulu and Liz too. After watching, I may need to revise my earlier comment a bit...Luke clearly had more than a drink or two before driving. But the message is still a good one: You don't have to be visibly "drunk" to be too impaired to drive. It makes sense to me it was Luke.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Not just any small child, his GRANDSON!! Strange storyline, not sure how you recover from that. But this is soapland where anything goes. Hard to believe they are going to pin "baby killer" on Anthony Geary--he's been such a beloved character who does get a bit naughty at times with petty crimes but never evil.

the best explanation I can think of for having Luke be the driver is that Anthony Geary has decided to retire. this should be an awesome, emotional story for him to go out on.

then again, they rehabilitated the character after he raped Laura. maybe they can rebabilitate the character after this somehow

well he takes off every summer so maybe this is going to kick off his latest absence

I haven't heard any rumors about Tony retiring. I did read an interview where he said TPTB asked him for his approval on the storyline before they wrote it. I guess when Sarah Browne was leaving as Claudia they may have been planning to have her kill Josslyn and the actress pitched a fit about it. TG said he thought it would be a great, meaty story and he was surprised they might think he wouldn't want to do it.

Maybe Luke will leave town for a while or go to rehab or something during Tony's annual summer vacation. He has a home in Amsterdam and that's where he goes every year. I'm sure he'll retire eventually and move to Europe permanently, but I don't think he's ready to go just yet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ITG said he thought it would be a great, meaty story and he was surprised they might think he wouldn't want to do it.
    Tony is doing an incredible job with this, I totally see why he wanted to play it The scenes yesterday between Elizabeth and him were awesome! It is such a tragedy, and everybody is blaming themself, but really, it is such an intertwined string of circumstances that lead to the one profound climax. What if Jason never gave up Jake...If Lucky had taken the boys...if Liz had noticed Jake leave the house...if Jake hadn't wandered into the street...if Luke had driven by 5 minutes earlier...or later. Did the alcohol make difference, or would the result have been the same if he were stone cold sober? Does it really matter in the end? Either way these characters will live with their own personal guilt forever. Liz, Lucky, Jason and Luke will all be profoundly changed. Luckily, one thing GH is usually good at (Maxie's pristine scar-free chest and Luke/Laura not withstanding) is playing the history of the characters. I don't feel Luke's character needs "reforming" (alcohol treatment, yes) because I don't see what he did as an evil act at all. I just pity him....and everyone involved.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I know this is a stretch: but does anyone else think that when Sonny and Brenda get around to having a DNA done on Lucien, that both Brenda and Sonny's will show up? Dante being Sonny's son.........

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I know this is a stretch: but does anyone else think that when Sonny and Brenda get around to having a DNA done on Lucien, that both Brenda and Sonny's will show up? Dante being Sonny's son.........
    I hope not, but THAT would be really mind blowing! Speaking of Brenda and Lucien ---- I would've expected Brenda to be joyous and gushing and over-the-moon at the discovery of her son (and what a cutie he is!!!!) --- so I am really put off by her kind of emotionless, detached attitude. She's all 'words' when it comes to "MY son isn't going to be raised by bodyguards" --- but where is the OMG, OMG, OMG I can't believe a have a little boy -- isn't he wonderful, isn't he beautiful, OMG, OMG, OMG??????

+ Reply to Thread