+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I would like to say RIP to Elizabeth Taylor..she did some great work on GH and was the best Helena Cassidne they have ever had
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I know this is just a soap, but come on. All of the sudden, Terrell is not only an Internist, Pediatric Orthopedist and now a Nephrologist and transplant surgeon extraordanaire! Why he is so good, Jocelyn is now resting in her crib with nary a tube or machine in sight. He must have had one hell of a residency!
    I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the reasoning behind this whole story line, because the writers are really doing a sloppy job. One day Joselain is fine, small fever, the next stage 5 kidney cancer, hours later transplant surgery and minutes later smiling and healthy. Poor Jake barely had his last breathe and they have Liz mourning at home all alone- other than brother Steve, funeral anyone and where's Lucky? The death and transplant must be a catalyst for new stories and relationships... but getting there is so choppy and full of holes it's difficult to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the reasoning behind this whole story line, because the writers are really doing a sloppy job. One day Joselain is fine, small fever, the next stage 5 kidney cancer, hours later transplant surgery and minutes later smiling and healthy. Poor Jake barely had his last breathe and they have Liz mourning at home all alone- other than brother Steve, funeral anyone and where's Lucky? The death and transplant must be a catalyst for new stories and relationships... but getting there is so choppy and full of holes it's difficult to follow.
    I haven't watched GH in years because it seemed to me like all their storylines were like this..the last time I watched it was years ago when they brought back Tristin Rogers and I was thinking ohhhhhh yea...Luke Spencer and Robert Scorpio together again..this should be GREAT...but they missed so many opportunities to do something great once again with the show and I got fed up with it and haven't watched since

They are going to have LUKE as the driver? What a load

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    They are going to have LUKE as the driver? What a load
    OMG..your kidding me...I haven't been watching but I have seen the commericals...Luke running over a small child and leaving...pffffffffttttttttt

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    OMG..your kidding me...I haven't been watching but I have seen the commericals...Luke running over a small child and leaving...pffffffffttttttttt
    Not just any small child, his GRANDSON!! Strange storyline, not sure how you recover from that. But this is soapland where anything goes. Hard to believe they are going to pin "baby killer" on Anthony Geary--he's been such a beloved character who does get a bit naughty at times with petty crimes but never evil.

What a rollercoaster ride this week! I think the pacing was waaaaaay too fast, but Johnathan Jackson (Lucky) deserves whatever awards they give for soap stars. His reaction to Jake dying, his rant about Carly (every word true), confronting his father and the realization on his face as he watches him take a drink... genius! He was Lucky when I stopped watching years ago and they had just brought him back when I started watching again last year, so I don't know any other Lucky. I remember him as a boy, so total continuity for me.
    Count your blessings!

I hate this. They could have gotten rid of crazy lisa, they could have done some fantastic things with Carly but they have Luke be the one. FRIKING stupid

Seeing Becky Herbst's work this week makes me even more sure that TPTB were idiots for even thinking about firing her.

Even though I HAAAATE when they kill a child, it is causing so many actors on the show to up their game. I also HATE that Luke is the driver - as someone else said, this was a perfect opportunity to get Lisa out of town - but I'm sure Tony Geary will give an incredible performance.

We're already seeing more firings, perhaps as a result of them un-firing Becky:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Tyler Christopher was fired this week and it was also announced that Adrianna Leon will be leaving. This probably means Nik and Brook Lynn will leave town together. Also, Ingo Rademacher has been reduced to recurring, which makes sense with Jax and Carly splitting up.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    We're already seeing more firings, perhaps as a result of them un-firing Becky:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Tyler Christopher was fired this week and it was also announced that Adrianna Leon will be leaving. This probably means Nik and Brook Lynn will leave town together. Also, Ingo Rademacher has been reduced to recurring, which makes sense with Jax and Carly splitting up.
    I'm honestly not sure I'll miss any of the above

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm enjoying the show right now. No, I don't mean I like that they killed Jake and made Luke the driver. But the actors are doing a bang up job, there are so many of the characters involved in the story, and it's holding my interest. I don't mind being "emotionally manipulated" when I turn into a soap...I want them to make me feel something about what I'm watching. Whether it's anger, sadness, joy or that kind of sappy feeling when you watch a great couple. That's why I watch I don't find it out of character at all that Luke hit Jake. It wasn't an evil, intentional act...it was a tragedy. After all, they set it up well enough that we are supposed to suspend belief and imagine that a road filled with multiple pot holes would allow for someone to maybe not fully realize they hit a toddler The fact that Luke may have drinking...not drunk mind you, but he likely had a drink or two...sends an important message. It literally could have been anybody in a similar situation. And the fact that Luke was so sure it was Carly...well, that would be Luke - blind to his own possible culpability. I think the dynamics of the situation will give great story for some powerhouse actors to play. When the writing is good, the acting is good, and the story holds my interest, I'll go along for the ride. Honestly if I'd had my way, "Gone With the Wind" would probably have wrapped up in about 300 pages, no children would have died, and Scarlett and Rhett would be living happily ever after (hence why I don't write fiction!).
    Last edited by Katydyd; 03-28-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread