+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree953Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Gutmutter: You are right! I totally missed that.

I found a list of preliminary Daytime Emmy nominees for all soaps. Here are the nominees for GH:
    GENERAL HOSPITAL
    Lead Actress in a Drama Series
    Kelly Monaco, Laura Wright
    Lead Actor in a Drama Series
    Maurice Benard, Steve Burton
    Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
    Julie Marie Berman, Brianna Brown, Jane Elliot, Nancy Lee Grahn, Kimberly McCullough
    Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
    Jonathan Jackson, Jason Thompson, Dominic Zamprogna
    Younger Actress in a Drama Series
    Lexi Ainsworth, Haley Pullos
    Younger Actor in a Drama Series
    Chad Duell, Nathan Parsons, Aaron Sanders
    This is the preliminary list. The way I understand it, only the top 2 per show and per category will end up on the pre-nomination ballot. THEN there's a vote and the top nominees end up on the official ballot.

Realistically, most of these actors won't end up on the final ballot, nor do they deserve to be. Really, the glaring name on the list is Aaron Sanders, aka NuMorgan. WTH has he even done to warrant his name being mentioned? I think it has to be that he's the only other actor on the show who falls in the Younger Actor category.

I'd love to see Lexi get a nomination. Like Kristina or hate her, the actress did terrific work this year. So did Chad Duell.

Was that the least attended wedding reception ever or what!? People still hadn't eaten and it looked like the party was already over. There were maybe 10 people throwing rose petals there at the end. They could have at least padded the crowd with extras or something.

What are the odds that Brenda's "baby" won't show up in PC by May sweeps?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    What are the odds that Brenda's "baby" won't show up in PC by May sweeps?
    After the big BOOM yesterday, what are the odds that Brenda herself will show up in PC by May sweeps????

What was today's show all about. Really a repeat plotline after all the buildup we don't get to finally see Sonny and Brenda happy?

Surprised it was Sam in the limo! Loved James Franco all dressed in a tux telling Jason he had a very important event to attend. Also when he said "that's what I get for spending the summer between a rock and a hard place". I couldn't help but laugh.

I'll be curious to see if Sam is really dead. If so, maybe this is paving the way for Jason and Elizabeth to reunite. There are MANY fans who have wanted that to happen. Frankly, I've never been a big fan of Sam, so I wouldn't be all that sad if she died.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Surprised it was Sam in the limo! Loved James Franco all dressed in a tux telling Jason he had a very important event to attend. Also when he said "that's what I get for spending the summer between a rock and a hard place". I couldn't help but laugh.
    Thanks elleprn. I am SO DENSE!!! I can't believe that I didn't get, not just one, but either of Franco's references - to the Oscars or to his big movie! But I did, at least, catch the last little bombshell (no pun intended) he threw out. I wonder how he was related to the Balkan and "the fireworks."

Don't know about you guys, but I was totally shocked to see Sam being pulled out of the car. I hope she's still alive cause I'm a big fan of Kelly Monaco, and have enjoyed her since way back to her Port Charles days as Livvie. I would really hate to have her leave GH, but on the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Jason back with Elizabeth either. I thought Jason and Elizabeth had great chemistry together and I really liked them as a couple --- and of course they have a child together, which doesn't hurt their chances of having a relationship, either.

I went looking for some spoilers and found that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    sadly, Sam is not dead. She'll have some hearing problems, but apparently, that's all that happens to you when you're in a vehicle when it gets bombed. If only the writers had known this back when Lily was killed in the car bomb This doesn't explain why they zipped her into a body bag, but whatever.

This is the FIRST time that I've liked nuMorgan. Kid can cry well.

I was SOOOOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED in James Franco's performance at the Oscars last night. He was just awful! I was expecting him to be a bit like the 'Franco' character he plays --- you know, kind of funny and smiley and full of ironic humor --- or any humor for that matter. But he was just drab and boring and way too understated ---- wow, he was terrible! (But I thought Anne Hathaway WAS adorable though, and very perky and talented.)

+ Reply to Thread