+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree890Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I wonder, does anyone actually think Sonny and Brenda will get married? Does anyone care?
    In thinking about the Sonny and Brenda saga, rather than having them break up AGAIN and having to watch them go through the broken heart/guilt trips AGAIN, I think it would be kind of interesting to let them get married and have adventures as a married couple. At least it would take them in a different direction, which could prove much more satisfying then constantly have them go through the same old angst over and over again, ad nauseum.

Anyone catch the last line Brenda mumbled today after saying "sorry..."?? Rewound it a couple of times and still couldn't make it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Anyone catch the last line Brenda mumbled today after saying "sorry..."?? Rewound it a couple of times and still couldn't make it out!
    I think she said, "I'm sorry; I have to object."

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    Thanks that makes sense! I thought it was "sorry, I slept with Jax"!!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I just read that the girl mentioned in all the spoilers above has in fact been unfired & will be sticking around. Producers listened to the fans & a new contract is pending. Formal announcement is apparantely going to happen this week.
    We have official confirmation that Beckjy Herbst is staying...or UNfired or whatever!
    Rebecca Herbst to stay in Port Charles, 'General Hospital' confirms
    by Abby West

Fans rejoice! ABC now confirms that Rebecca Herbst will continue on General Hospital as Elizabeth Webber Spencer, just a month after announcing that she’d be written off this spring. “The show is thrilled she will remain on the canvas to portray the beloved character in many more poignant and emotional stories. Fans will be pleased to see Rebecca continue the role she created,” according to a network statement.

Indeed, fans went into overdrive with outrage when they found out that beloved Elizabeth would no longer be in Port Charles, writing letters and making calls. Her ouster even sparked rumors that GH was undergoing massive budget cuts — similar to cost reductions on The Young and the Restless and Days of Our Lives — but ABC denied such a movement was afoot.

Herbst has played Elizabeth on GH since 1997. She’s been nominated twice for a Daytime Emmy.
    Rebecca Herbst to stay in Port Charles, 'General Hospital' confirms | Inside TV | EW.com

If they need to cut some salaries from the budget to make up for this, I have a few suggestions....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    so did they get married or not?

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Interesting twists yesterday... hard to believe Shawn would just put down his gun for Jason, but hey, it's soapland. Glad Sonny and Brenda tied the knot. Found it strange that Dante did all the talking after Carly's big blurt and nobody asked about the baby?? Somehow I don't believe that Carly would just sit back and smile, gratiously accepting Dante's explaination of the paternity, and allow the wedding to take place... after all the work and drama she went through to deliver the message and stop the wedding?? Missed opportunity for that scene--I wanted an all out Carly breakdown tantrum, frothing at the mouth while being physically removed from the ceremony!!

I still think the baby belonged to Jax. Maybe Carly will dig into DNA now that she didn't get her way at the wedding. Only time will tell in Soapland!

Did I miss something? When Brenda told the story, she passed out and when she woke up Suzanne told her she had lost the baby. When Suzanne told the story to Theo, she said that Brenda told her she had miscarried. More reason to believe the baby is still around?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread