+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree885Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

is anyone else wondering why Siobahn can't put together the Balkan's and Theo's voice? It is so distinct!

Thank you elleprn. He tries (and fails) to do an Irish accent in the confession booth, but his voice is too obvious to make that believable. Why isn't anyone on to him?
    Did Carly cut the dress? I missed it if she did. How does she get away with that and spying on Brenda with all the guard duty? And how did they not hear the loud clanking of her shoes as she strode across the room?
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;4180103;
    is anyone else wondering why Siobahn can't put together the Balkan's and Theo's voice? It is so distinct!
    OMG!! I can't believe that I'M sooooo unobservant that I didn't even pick up on that!!! So maybe that's your answer elleprn. Siobhan must not be very observant either. Although, in my case, I am so disgusted by Theo that I fast forward through most of his scenes. Everything about that man just makes my skin crawl --- he might be a good 'actor' but I just can't watch him.

I'm also fast forwarding through the Lisa -Terrell and the Robin - Terrell scenes. That storyline is so annoying, and I find Terrell so unappealing, that I just want to get those scenes over with.

But oddly enough, I am sort of enjoying Lisa, in weird kind of way. I know you don't agree, Critical, but I am starting to find her deliciously evil. I hate that she's trying to break Robin and Patrick up, but I like her as an actress/character -- my thinking is that if the soaps have to have villains, I'd much rather the villain be a 'Lisa' than a 'Theo.'

On the other side of things, I am so liking Michael and Abbey together and I find it really interesting that their relationship is building from a place that most soaps don't go very often - meaning two broken or badly damaged people who find solace and support in each other, and the emotional bond starts to build from there. I think that Lucky and Siobhan are sort of similar in that we don't know too much about Siobhan's past, but Lucky was in a pretty damaged place for a long time (I think starting with his drug dependency, and then his pathetic affair with Maxi, and the Elizabeth - Jason - Jason's baby betrayal, and then the Elizabeth - Nikolas betrayal). I am looking forward to see how it plays out, after the Balkan thing is over.

FORT Regular

If Carly cut the dress I missed it too. But she is the person on this show that I cannot stand to watch any more. Her tirade against Dante is so old I had to fast forward through it.

I had the same thought about Theo's voice. I can't tell the difference between the two accents he is supposed to be using.

Quote Originally Posted by Klyn;4182701;
    If Carly cut the dress I missed it too. But she is the person on this show that I cannot stand to watch any more. Her tirade against Dante is so old I had to fast forward through it.

I had the same thought about Theo's voice. I can't tell the difference between the two accents he is supposed to be using.
    ITA!! Carly going on to Dante was too horrible to watch. Manipulative and pyscho! I don't think Theo can even tell the difference between his accents either! I was listening the other day and it seemed he had them mixed up in some scenes.

I was really liking Dante for a while. Now I just wish his testicles would re-descend! Please Dante, get rid of that "Little Lord Fauntleroy" hair and get a big boy haircut.

I just read some major spoilers/speculation on another site:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently, Rebecca Herbst isn't the only female veteran who is getting the boot and yet another is being downgraded to recurring status. Based on what I read, I'd guess the second one is Nancy Lee Grahn. We hardly ever see Alexis anymore. They just roll her out on holidays or to be embarrassed at the police station. No word on who else is going to be fired, but it will be a surprise and the producers already know that fans will not be happy. Also, it's already pretty certain that Johnny will be leaving town.

Speculation/spoiler is that the baby Brenda gave away wasn't Dante's OR Alexander's - Jax is the baby daddy! Remember when he flew to Rome to help Brenda out a few years ago? Apparently, the producers have rewritten this storyline a bunch of times, so it's not written in stone. This would definitely mean the end of Jax and Carly....and maybe Sonny and Brenda too. There's also a possibility that Ingo Rademacher will leave the show, which could mean Jax would leave town with Brenda! If that happens, brace yourselves, because they'd probably get Carly and Sonny back together. AGAIN (<---- totally my own speculation)

Also a possibility for getting the boot is Tyler Christopher, which means maybe Brook Lynn would leave town with Nikolas, so that's not all bad news!

The person who posted this stuff likened this all to trading in fine gems for costume jewelry and I couldn't agree more. You fire Becky Herbst and you put the actresses who play Lisa and Siobhan on contract? It's asinine. They're going to lose viewers.

Anyway, these are rumors that may come to pass or may not. She's not ever 100%, but she's got a fairly good track record. Here's her site: VoyForums: Ravenbeauty's Spoiler World!. She does spoilers/gossip/rumors for AMC and OLTL as well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4188472;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Speculation/spoiler is that the baby Brenda gave away wasn't Dante's OR Alexander's - Jax is the baby daddy! Remember when he flew to Rome to help Brenda out a few years ago? Apparently, the producers have rewritten this storyline a bunch of times, so it's not written in stone. This would definitely mean the end of Jax and Carly....and maybe Sonny and Brenda too. There's also a possibility that Ingo Rademacher will leave the show, which could mean Jax would leave town with Brenda! If that happens, brace yourselves, because they'd probably get Carly and Sonny back together. AGAIN (<---- totally my own speculation)

Anyway, these are rumors that may come to pass or may not. She's not ever 100%, but she's got a fairly good track record. Here's her site: VoyForums: Ravenbeauty's Spoiler World!. She does spoilers/gossip/rumors for AMC and OLTL as well.
    No, no, no!!! I would absolutely hate that! I have no doubt
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the baby is not Dante's. When Brenda was telling Dante about what happened to "the" baby, she never once referred to him as "our" baby. That was the huge giveaway there.
    But
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jax's? That would suck beyond words. Yeah. I'm not a Jax fan
    This is one spoiler I hope is WRONG!! Not that I'm thrilled with the others either, but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sonny and Brenda together as a strong couple
    could actually add a new dimension and depth to several characters and story lines.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

A couple of months ago I posted that I thought Suzanne might be the Balkan. That's before we found out that Theo was the Balkan. The puzzle comes together, she's married to him! I'm not going crazy after all......

I figured she was the one who tore up Brenda's wedding dress and got rid of Sonny's ring and I'm not even surprised that she is in league with Theo, but I was surprised she was married to him and that Alexander was her son.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread