+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree970Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Wow if that is true, I will be really angry She is one of my favorites. She even makes her own gowns for emmy shows

I wouldn't be surprised if the fans launched a huge letter writing campaign against it. When you consider who they're keeping, this firing is just ridiculous.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4154360;
    Wow if that is true, I will be really angry She is one of my favorites. She even makes her own gowns for emmy shows
    While I don't/can't watch regularly now, I've been watching GH since Steve married Audrey

R. has been a GH favorite of mine in recent years, but her character has devolved, in my opinion, from a nice lady into a snarky know-it-all. But that aside, wonder who she ticked off to get fired? (if it's true?)

I hate to see characters who've been developed with layers of complexity over the span of many years just get dumped. I've not been able to embrace most of the recent characters.

Even Brenda, who was my favorite once, seems plastic, predictable, and (I hate to say it) just boring. Sonny, too. And Jax. Even Carly has become a broken record. GH execs and writers need to be lined up and spanked to wake them up.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Are we still spoilering the actress leaving? It's all over the cover of Digest this week. I will miss her...she's long been a favorite. I hope they are able to satisfactorily wrap the one major plot point they've left her with.

Am I the only one who is absolutely loving Micheal and Abby? I haven't enjoyed a couple this much in a long time. There are enough natural obstacles (the age thing, her profession, his rape) to give them angst, but the way they "get" each other is sweet. And somehow the actress playing Abby has avoided becoming the cliched stereo-type of the stripper with a heart of gold (or at least she plays it well enough I don't mind ).
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;4171837;
    Are we still spoilering the actress leaving? It's all over the cover of Digest this week. I will miss her...she's long been a favorite. I hope they are able to satisfactorily wrap the one major plot point they've left her with.
    Yeah, we should. Until it's in the commercials for the show, we should probably keep to spoiler tags. As I predicted, there are MAJOR letter writing campaigns online, complete with phone numbers and email addresses for everyone but the ABC receptionist! I hope they work, because I love her.

Am I the only one who is absolutely loving Micheal and Abby? I haven't enjoyed a couple this much in a long time. There are enough natural obstacles (the age thing, her profession, his rape) to give them angst, but the way they "get" each other is sweet. And somehow the actress playing Abby has avoided becoming the cliched stereo-type of the stripper with a heart of gold (or at least she plays it well enough I don't mind ).
    LOVE them! I really have grown to like nuMichael and his chemistry with Abby is terrific. I like that they've had the relationship develop slowly over time instead of shoving them together before they even know each other like they usually do. That moment in the hospital after the bus crash when they finally saw each other could have been really cheesy if the relationship hadn't been growing. You could really feel that they genuinely care about each other. ITA about the actress too. She's able to portray sweetness and intelligence with a role that definitely could have been one-dimensional. I hope they keep this relationship progressing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4171984;
    LOVE them! I really have grown to like nuMichael and his chemistry with Abby is terrific. I like that they've had the relationship develop slowly over time instead of shoving them together before they even know each other like they usually do. That moment in the hospital after the bus crash when they finally saw each other could have been really cheesy if the relationship hadn't been growing. You could really feel that they genuinely care about each other. ITA about the actress too. She's able to portray sweetness and intelligence with a role that definitely could have been one-dimensional. I hope they keep this relationship progressing.
    LOL! "nuMichael" - Perfect name for him Critical!!! And I like nuMichael with Abby too. The couple I'm not feeling much is Nikolas and BrookLynn. They're 'okay' but no major sparks yet for me. I AM liking Lucky and Siobhan though! They definitely have some chemistry together --- although I don't know how the writers are going to redeem Siobhan though, if she gets any deeper into trouble spying for the Balkan.

I hope the writers aren't really going to pair Robin and new doctor Terrell. That would be awful! --- There is zero chemistry there; in fact, with sexy super-hunk Patrick in the picture, it would be 100 degrees MINUS chemistry with Terrell + Robin. Terrell and Lisa would be a tiny bit better --- they actually do sort of spark off of each other a bit.

And I'm not feeling much betwee Olivia and Steve either. Ditto for Alexis and Mac.

But here's a suggestion for the writers. There was one scene at Jakes about 6 months ago where BrookLynn was crooning some sexy love song and making eyes at Johnny. That was hot!!!! I thought for sure the writers were taking it in that direction, but it didn't happen. Too bad --- that could've been a very interesting pairing!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4171984;
    I don't know Critical...after today's episode, I think he may have just become "Michael" I agree with everything you said about the way they've developed the relationship over time, and haven't force fed it to us. Just like they used to do in the "old days"! I think that's why the rape story is working for me too. We got time to become used to an older, more mature Michael before they actually confirmed he was raped. And the way in which Michael finally had to voice it...to himself first, and then Jason...actually made sense. What a concept! People may get upset with the subject matter, but for me, Michael's story...with both Abby and the rape, is one of the best paced, well written, character driven stories on any of the ABC soaps right now. The whole thing on a grand scale - the son paying for the sins of the father, redemption through the love of another broken soul - corny yeah, but that's what soaps should be about. I love the relationship between Jason and Michael, and I can't wait to see the ripple effect when Sonny, Carly and Dante find out - or should I say when Michael tells them, as I think they already knew on some level.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Yes! Yesterday's episode with Michael saving Abby and confronting his own demons was the most invested I've been since I've started watching GH again. I was thinking "Emmy" or whatever soap awards they give. His first facial twitch around the mouth that started the avalanche was incredible. I really hope he doesn't go back to prison for this. On the other hand, I'm getting really tired of the Balkan.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Wow, what a performance!!! I agree, Michael has earned his 'title' --- he has definitely grown into the part and I think has pretty much earned everyone's respect. His performance yesterday was truly masterful, and he totally had me in tears. Perfect! If he doesn't get an Emmy for that performance, something is really wrong with the system!

Agreed that Chad Duell is making the role of Michael his own. He broke my heart this week. Of course, any time Steve Burton cries on screen, I do too. Jason is usually so stoic that when he shows genuine emotion (like the other week ago in those scenes with Jake after the bus crash), it really affects me.

Imperfect1 - the whole "nu" thing isn't mine. It's something that's used on lots of soap discussion boards, so I can't take credit!

I've watched the last few episodes on Hulu and, honestly, the only stuff I'm watching is Michael and Abby and maybe a few scenes with other characters talking about Michael and Abby! THIS is how to tell a story - you build it up and slowly show the relationship grow between characters who care about each other who are played by actors with onscreen chemistry. I actually CARE about these characters. Lisa and Terrell? I couldn't care less. Every time they're on screen, I tune out.

I'm sure Brianna Brown is a nice person, but Lisa is a worthless character. IMO< a good villain is someone you love to hate. Take Cesar Faison or Helena Cassadine. You hated them, but they were delicious to watch. I just hate Lisa and I don't get why she's this incredibly desirable person to the men in PC OR to the producers of the show.

I'm sick that an actress I really like is getting the boot, while other, less talented actresses are being put on contract.

+ Reply to Thread