+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1099Likes

Thread: General Hospital

  1. #1791
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,664

    Re: General Hospital

    SoapNet is pretty infamous for spoiling furture story lies as well.

  2. #1792
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,173

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4132539;
    SoapNet is pretty infamous for spoiling furture story lies as well.
    Perhaps, but it's the policy at FORT to not spoil future story lines, and it's also a matter of simple courtesy, to not spoil the story lines for viewers who who prefer not to know what is going to happen in advance.
    For those who do wish to know, the beauty of the "spoiler covered text" is that you can read the text if you wish to, and you can still discuss it f you wish to, but the other viewers are protected. So it's a win-win situation for everyone.

  3. #1793
    FORT Fogey Minney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4132438;
    Ummmmm, the "bus crash" has not been hyped to everyone!!! Wish you had put that news into a spoiler, cause some of us don't want to know what's coming up --- especially when it's bad news and something like this that we really don't want to happen. That's what spoilers are for!!! Hate to be a Christmas humbug, but please use spoilers in the future.

    PS It was Bobbie and Tony's little daughter BJ who was the donor for Maxi's heart transplant.
    The bus crash story preview was on ABC TV as a "stay tuned for next week" .... No spoilers in my post.

  4. #1794
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,664

    Re: General Hospital

    Are we 100% sure that the baby was Dante's & Brenda's? I just have a feeling there is going to be something that we don't know yet that is going to blow up in Carly's face.

  5. #1795
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,168

    Re: General Hospital

    I know it's a soap so we should be suspending belief on a regular basis, but with regards to the question of the mysterious baby's parentage....shouldn't we at least assume that a "super model" of Brenda's renown wouldn't be able to get pregnant and give birth without somebody finding out about it? Wouldn't someone have questioned the "missing months" when she would have been out of the spotlight?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  6. #1796
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,028

    Re: General Hospital

    As soon as plot points air on the preview commercials on ABC, they are not considered spoilers any more. The bus crash storyline has been advertised very liberally on ABC during GH and other soaps and on SoapNet, so we don't consider them spoilers. SoapNet does spoil more than ABC, so that's a gray area and it's always good to put those things in spoiler tags (as well as info from various spoiler sites). Once it's been on ABC though, it's fair game here and doesn't need spoiler tags.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  7. #1797
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,362

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4133895;
    As soon as plot points air on the preview commercials on ABC, they are not considered spoilers any more. The bus crash storyline has been advertised very liberally on ABC during GH and other soaps and on SoapNet, so we don't consider them spoilers. SoapNet does spoil more than ABC, so that's a gray area and it's always good to put those things in spoiler tags (as well as info from various spoiler sites). Once it's been on ABC though, it's fair game here and doesn't need spoiler tags.
    This is exactly why I am back watching GH! I have always been an on and off again GH viewer with more off than on. Anyway, I saw all the previews running about the bus crash and how a very important actor will die. Yup, that is what I have been seeing for at the very least the last full week (prior to Christmas)!

    Ok, so I am back as of Monday ... I just have one question, Brenda, why does she pull her sleeves all the way down to her cover her hands ... ? She did that years ago when she was a regular on GH and now I am back and she is back and again with the sleeves? I watch allot of Soaps and can honestly tell you I know of no other actor that does that so it cannot be some 'in' thing?

    Ok back to the Soap ...
    KAREN

  8. #1798
    bb addicted tapper01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,169

    Re: General Hospital

    and the ONE week I can totally watch without guilt and it is old shows???

  9. #1799
    FORT Newbie llongori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    33

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4135104;
    and the ONE week I can totally watch without guilt and it is old shows???
    Yeah, but wasn't it nice to see Georgie and Dillon again? I could live w/o ever seeing the Metrocourt hostage crap again, but it was nice seeing some characters who are no longer on the show.

    After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. -- Spock, Amok Time

  10. #1800
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,028

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4134115;
    Ok, so I am back as of Monday ... I just have one question, Brenda, why does she pull her sleeves all the way down to her cover her hands ... ? She did that years ago when she was a regular on GH and now I am back and she is back and again with the sleeves? I watch allot of Soaps and can honestly tell you I know of no other actor that does that so it cannot be some 'in' thing?
    It's not a Brenda thing, it's a Vanessa thing. She's just always worn her sleeves that way.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.