+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree855Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Why doesn't somebody, anybody, maybe even everybody, tell Carly that life isn't all about her. For cryin out loud she is the most annoyingly self centered individual in the history of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4063471;
    Why doesn't somebody, anybody, maybe even everybody, tell Carly that life isn't all about her. For cryin out loud she is the most annoyingly self centered individual in the history of the world.
    People have told her that. She never believes them.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4063471;
    Yes she is, isn't she? I thought I would get extreme pleasure out of Carly's anguish at Brenda, once again, grabbing the attention of all three of her favorite men, Sonny, Jax and Jason -- but unfortunately the pleasure is totally outweighed by my annoyance at her pi$$ing and moaning about it. Jeez, will this woman ever accept anything graciously??????

But having said all that, I'm very glad that the war is over and Carly and Jax are back together again. Somehow it's really sweet when the two of them are together and in love.

On another note, I'm not feeling any chemistry between Nikolas and BrookLynn in their Pretty Woman storyline scenario. But then I wasn't feeling any chemistry between Ethan and Mya (sp?) in the beginning either. The two of them are just now beginning to grow on me. They're a very unlikely couple though --- just like Kate and Colman -- except that Kate and Colman are just ooooooooozing chemistry out of every pore.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;4057605;
    I like the character of Sonny so much better when he's with Brenda. I think she makes him a better man. She doesn't excuse him, but she gets him like no one else does IMO. I hope they convince Vanessa to stick around for a long time. I'd love to see to see this story really play out over the long haul and allow them to finally be together I'm not sure Sonny will ever be truly happy, but I think Brenda could help him find some peace and reconciliation with the man he is...and acceptance.
    Claire really nailed it (poignantly) when she said that with all of his wives, exwives, girlfriends, children, etc, Sonny was the loneliest man she had ever met. Unlike Brenda, I don't think Claire gets Sonny at all --- not a clue. But in some ways, that might be okay. Especially for a short term, not so serious romance. Sort of like what Sonny had years ago with Alexis . . . a kind of cerebral/sexy roll in the hay that didn't last too long but was pretty intense while it was going on. Alexis, of course, got pregnant, and with all previous focus on Claire wanting to have a baby, that could easily happen with Claire now too.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4065592;
    Claire really nailed it (poignantly) when she said that with all of his wives, exwives, girlfriends, children, etc, Sonny was the loneliest man she had ever met. Unlike Brenda, I don't think Claire gets Sonny at all --- not a clue. But in some ways, that might be okay. Especially for a short term, not so serious romance. Sort of like what Sonny had years ago with Alexis . . . a kind of cerebral/sexy roll in the hay that didn't last too long but was pretty intense while it was going on. Alexis, of course, got pregnant, and with all previous focus on Claire wanting to have a baby, that could easily happen with Claire now too.
    You'd think the guy would have mastered birth control by now.

Okay, I've tried to ignore it and bite the bullet, but the GH writers have just gone stupid!!!!!!

Do they think we really believe that Robin, a PHYSICIAN whose been taking her HIV meds for years, wouldn't recognize the fact that she's taking the WRONG PILLS!!! Or that Lisa could just magicially get access to Robin and Patrick's new front door key (after she got access to their old key and they changed the locks)?????

And this whole scenario with Jason going to save Brenda, and then just leaving a few days later when she is still in exactly the same danger -- is just stupid, stupid, stupid!

And little Lulu is going to blithely bust in on an Interpol sting investigation/operation???? I don't think so.

And Diane and Max are very cute, but having sex in full view, on Sonny's patio. . . Puleeeeeze!

OK, now the GH writers have gone too far. . . Robin at the bottom of a well? --- how ridiculous is that?????? This is like the hokey soap opera writing of decades ago! Next we'll have Lisa coming and throwing food down to her every day --- This is about as bad as Days of Our Lives that has Vivian locked in a coffin with someone piping in food to her every day. (Don't even ask how she goes to the bathroom!!!!) And for DOOL, this is the 2nd time they've done this same plot with this same character (!!!!!) but the saving grace this time around is the karmic irony of it, because about 10 - 15 years ago, this same character that is now locked in the coffin actually herself buried someone else alive. So Karma's a bit¢h, but it still doesn't make these stupid, stupid, stupid plots much more tolerable!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-28-2010 at 07:23 AM.

I know! I think they just have this very cool well set and want to use it. I KNOW I've seen it before. Who is going to find her?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4072461;
    I know! I think they just have this very cool well set and want to use it. I KNOW I've seen it before. Who is going to find her?
    Stone.

Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread