+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1179Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

I'm not a big Sonny and Brenda fan, but I loved the scene between them! It was handled just perfectly --- very poignant --- just enough, but not too much. A little bit of reminiscing, a little bit of catching up, and the hint of deep feelings. And it was perfect that Brenda honored her engagement and didn't start smooching with Sonny, and perfect that he really valued what she had to say and left to go back to Port Charles.

P.S. Doesn't Vanessa Marcil have the greatest laugh! She's so spontaneous! I've seen her on a couple of talk shows recently and she's exactly like that --- she seems to be very upbeat -- a lot of fun and genuinely tickled by life. I hope the powers-that-be allow her to bring some of that to her characterization of Brenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4057322;
    I'm not a big Sonny and Brenda fan, but I loved the scene between them! It was handled just perfectly --- very poignant --- just enough, but not too much. A little bit of reminiscing, a little bit of catching up, and the hint of deep feelings. And it was perfect that Brenda honored her engagement and didn't start smooching with Sonny, and perfect that he really valued what she had to say and left to go back to Port Charles.

P.S. Doesn't Vanessa Marcil have the greatest laugh! She's so spontaneous! I've seen her on a couple of talk shows recently and she's exactly like that --- she seems to be very upbeat -- a lot of fun and genuinely tickled by life. I hope the powers-that-be allow her to bring some of that to her characterization of Brenda.
    I do, too. I also hope tptb keep her character of Brenda on as long as possible. Love the scenes with her and Sonny.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Imperfect1 I love her laugh too! It reminds me of Julia Roberts in a way. I'm so glad to see Vanessa and Maurice haven't lost any of their chemistry together. I like the character of Sonny so much better when he's with Brenda. I think she makes him a better man. She doesn't excuse him, but she gets him like no one else does IMO. I hope they convince Vanessa to stick around for a long time. I'd love to see to see this story really play out over the long haul and allow them to finally be together I'm not sure Sonny will ever be truly happy, but I think Brenda could help him find some peace and reconciliation with the man he is...and acceptance. Or, at least that's story I want to see play out
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

on a side note, when I logged into my hotmail account, the "daily gossip" post had something about James Franco being gay?

Wouldn't surprise me. I also think he's a pretentious jackass, but that's neither here nor there
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't understand the relationship between Jason and Brenda. Is there really an underground current there, or do they just hate each other?
    Count your blessings!

I think it's more of a brother-sister exasperation than actual hate. She just annoys the hell out of him. I always thought his feelings for Brenda were a bit odd, especially in light of the fact that he puts up with Carly's crap. For me, Carly's b.s. is manipulative, selfish and often malicious. Brenda's a princess, but I never thought of her as those three things.....or at least not the last one. I think the thing Carly hates about Brenda the most is that people tend to like her more than they like Carly!

So, last week Sonny was all pining for Brenda and thinking about her, seemingly, nonstop and today he's trying to seduce Claire? WTF?
    Last edited by Critical; 09-14-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4060902;
    So, last week Sonny was all pining for Brenda and thinking about her, seemingly, nonstop and today he's trying to seduce Claire? WTF?
    I think Sonny had real hopes for seeing Brenda but then he found out she was getting married. He thinks she's moved on and found peace, so he feels he should let go and let her be happy. Since Sonny doesn't think he deserves real love, he'll settle for companionship and sex. Plus, I think he enjoys the challenge of Claire. Well, that and they want us to think there might actually be some competition in whatever triangle/quadrangle - Claire/Sonny/Brenda/Jax/Carly mishmash they're going to throw at us when Brenda finally does return to PC As if
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually starting to warm up to Claire. I don't care about Jax/Carly, but I'm curious what's going to happen with Claire/Sonny/Brenda. I mean, I don't think Claire stands a chance, but they're putting her out there. Maybe she will get pregnant. That would be a mess. I asked about Jason because in the pre-Brenda returns interviews, she hinted several times that Brenda has a fascination with Jason.
    Count your blessings!

Oh, how cute is Lucky doing an Irish accent?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread