+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree887Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I wish! Lisa seems to have convinced the young doctor (Patrick's brother? I seemed to have missed his entrance onto the show) that Robin is the crazy one, and he's trying to convince Patick. Carly talked rings around Lulu and Brooke and came out smelling like roses. I don't think she's done yet. Now they're setting Sonny up to be Brenda's savior in Rome with this international bad guy after her... I think. Just my prediction. I haven't read any spoilers.
    Count your blessings!

Okay, who is writing this crap? Does Carly actually believe Sonny skipped bail to protect his kids? He blew town so he wouldn't go to jail, plain and simple. I doubt he gave much thought at all to his kids. I can't stand Sonny most of the time, but Carly has become pretty disgusting and delusional.

I'm assuming Michael is still in high school because of the coma, right?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I want to know why they can't put water in the coffee take-out cups they're always carrying around, because none of them can pull off making an empty cup look full. I know this is a petty detail but it drives me up the wall every time. Takes me out of the moment.
    Count your blessings!

I feel the same way about the fake, plastic baby dolls they use as stand-ins for real babies. Couldn't they at least use heavier ones with weighted limbs, so it doesn't look like they're holding, well, a plastic baby doll?

Man, BrookLynn is really reaping what she sowed, isn't she? Yeah, it was Carly who paid her to seduce Dante, but she agreed to do it. I love that the Q's had her number, although I don't remember Tracy hating Lois quite that much or being so hostile to Brook - her granddaughter - when she was in town before.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4053200;
    I want to know why they can't put water in the coffee take-out cups they're always carrying around, because none of them can pull off making an empty cup look full. I know this is a petty detail but it drives me up the wall every time. Takes me out of the moment.
    LOL!!! I can't believe you said that Gutmutter, cause I notice it every single time, and it drives me CRAZY!!!! Ditto, regarding the fake plastic babies, Critical!

Wow!!! Looks like this is Johnny's lucky day! Not only does he get a huge bonus, in the form of the cops thinking he was unarmed when he was shot by Sonny, (and of course he's going to corroborate that), but Olivia is going to stay with him despite his uber-dangerous lifestyle choices. I'm really happy about Olivia's decision, because I really love the two of them together, but I would've loved to have had the old Johnny back -- the one who was adamant about not being in the mob like his demented father.

Looks like this is Brook Lynn's lucky day too. . . meeting up with Nikolas and having him protectively taking her to the mansion --- probably to stay indefinitely.

Sometimes I think they throw darts at a board with names on them to decide who to match up.
    Count your blessings!

Gut. I don't think that's too far from the truth. They do "test" actors together to see if there's chemistry, which is why you sometimes see weird pairings like Olivia and Steve going on a date. Honestly, I don't think it works most of the time, although they sometimes hit pay dirt, like with Carly and Jax.

While we're on the subject, what about the EMPTY bags and suitcases people carry around? Would it kill them to throw something in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4053643;
    Gut. I don't think that's too far from the truth. They do "test" actors together to see if there's chemistry, which is why you sometimes see weird pairings like Olivia and Steve going on a date. Honestly, I don't think it works most of the time, although they sometimes hit pay dirt, like with Carly and Jax.
    Actually with Carly and Jax, I read in several sources that when Laura Wright came to GH, Ingo wanted to work with her so badly that he made it a condition of his return, that he would get paired with her. So there was some 'real life' chemistry there --- but it may not necessarily have been the romantic kind --- it might've just been the buddy kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4054108;
    Actually with Carly and Jax, I read in several sources that when Laura Wright came to GH, Ingo wanted to work with her so badly that he made it a condition of his return, that he would get paired with her. So there was some 'real life' chemistry there --- but it may not necessarily have been the romantic kind --- it might've just been the buddy kind.
    Interesting. I don't think I've ever heard about that. It had to be only on his side if there was a romantic interest, because LW has been married forever to, I think, her college bf. I remember stories about them even back when she was on Loving. Ingo was right though - they do have great chemistry! Unfortunately, Carly is such an idiot that she's probably blown that relationship.

+ Reply to Thread