+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1144Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

You know, the only thing I noticed about Vanessa's "facelift" is her lips. The rest looks just fine (though I still want to feed her - and yes, Kelly too ). But the lip thing is a huge pet peeve of mine, because I've never seen anyone have their lips done and come out looking better. So I just wonder why the heck do people keep doing it? Especially when you're already as beautiful as Vanessa!

I'm actually not minding the Brenda story, I kinda like the slow build of her and Sonny reminiscing. It'll be that much better when they do get back together

I'm also glad they didn't drag out the Dante/Brooke "not quite hook-up". It was refreshing to have Lulu and Dante actually talk about it and have them realize there was something wrong about the whole thing. I'm actually looking forward to the reveal and how Carly's involvement is going to impact her friendship with Olivia. Olivia is really the first female friend Carly has had.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

The cop throwing the gun in the river really bothers me for some reason. Not Sonny shooting Johnny - that really was self-defense. I joined in too late to have any Johnny love. I've only ever seen him be mean and vindictive. I don't like Ethan because of his association with Johnny. So how is Sonny getting out of this one? I mean, Brenda just entered the picture! They can't just throw him in jail forever.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;4044855;
    I'm also glad they didn't drag out the Dante/Brooke "not quite hook-up". It was refreshing to have Lulu and Dante actually talk about it and have them realize there was something wrong about the whole thing. I'm actually looking forward to the reveal and how Carly's involvement is going to impact her friendship with Olivia. Olivia is really the first female friend Carly has had.
    I'm also relieved that they didn't drag out the aftermath of Lulu's reaction to Brooke's seduction of Dante. I hope that the writers will keep the two of them strong and together --- cause, for me, that's the best defense (and the best revenge) against both Brooke and Carly. To me, Brooke did the wrong thing in succumbing to Carly's rotten plan, but Brooke herself isn't evil, she's just a kind of a 'bad girl' in need of money. Carly, on the other hand, is evil. Not in the demented (Franko) kind of way, but in the slow, predmeditated, revengeful kind of way in which she goes after everyone who crosses her. (For example, when she first came to Port Charles she deliberately stole her mother's (Bobbie's) husband (Tony) because her mother gave her up for adoption when she was a baby -- and now she had a chance to get even) -- and she's been doing it ever since. In my opinion she doesn't deserve any friends, and if she loses her so-called friends, that's lucky for them, because eventually she will hurt them. I would love to see the day when she turns on her BFF Jason for some real or imagined wrong, and he can finally get away from her.

GH's newest malevolent character is apparently Lisa, who has now officially crossed over from being someone who's pining for a former lover, to a bonified Fatal Attraction stalker/(temporary)kidnapper. The threat of what she is capable of has become so tremendous, that Patrick had no choice but to tell Robin the truth, in order to protect her and Emma as much as possible. It will be interesting to see if this will defuse the situation, or if Lisa will still go b@lls out in her attempt to eliminate Robin and to have Patrick all to herself. Meanwhile, although Robin's pain was really hard to watch, I thought she handled the situation perfectly. Drunk or not, Patrick was 100% wrong - he broke her trust and was intimate with a former lover. This is going to be excruciatingly painful for both of them, and I hope they find their way back to each other in the end.

I think Robin might be my favorite character on the show. I had a hard time watching her in pain, too.
    Count your blessings!

Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! What a psycho! I think she really made a calculated error in jumping out in front of Robin's car. Yes, it's now going to look like Robin hit her on purpose --- but she might have gotten more of the results she wanted (without grave injury to herself) if she had instead, just grabbed Patrick and kissed him in front of Robin's car, as she was driving up. Patrick would've had a really hard time convincing Robin that he wasn't really kissing Lisa --- and Lisa wouldn't be injured. Hate where this storyline is going. It's so 80s soap opera...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4033189;
    Well, he's been on the show for nearly twenty years...or at least he started on the show in 1991 - he did leave for a time. He's 40 now, so he would have filled out a bit anyway. I do think he's become a little too bulky. He's not fat - I'm sure it's all muscle - but I don't think his face looks as good at this weight. Seeing the footage of him from 8 years ago was really dramatic (not to mention the stuff from 96 & 97). He's bulked up quite a bit since then. In person he probably looks much smaller. It doesn't help that he's paired with teeny tiny Kelly Monaco. When he has scenes with Laura Wright he doesn't look as big.

You know, that's another character I didn't miss in watching the three old episodes today - SAM! I really could do without her little breathy whining. She's kind of a pale imitation of Brenda.

Speaking of Brenda - what are the odds that we'll see more than her elbow or the back of her head tomorrow!?
    As I remember it, that was the point of Sam, that she looked like Brenda, when she first came on. Sonny doing a double take, people reacting to her as if she were Brenda....that is, being more interested in her than they would have been in some random woman.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4050694;
    As I remember it, that was the point of Sam, that she looked like Brenda, when she first came on. Sonny doing a double take, people reacting to her as if she were Brenda....that is, being more interested in her than they would have been in some random woman.
    I think that definitely was the point of bringing Kelly Monaco on. Did anyone watch her on Port Charles? I liked her somewhat more on that show but her portrayal of Sam does irk me and I agree with what Critical said about her character being whiny, or maybe Kelly's portrayal of Sam is whiny.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

They were trying to fill the vacuum left by VM leaving by casting KM. It was about as successful as the time they cast Janine Turner as Laura Templeton when Genie Francis left the show back in the 80s. Sam is never going to be Brenda. I just don't think Kelly is as magnetic a persona as Vanessa is. They're both beautiful, but Vanessa just has something extra, imo. Plus, I think she's a better actress.

Yep, still hating Carly. The only time I've really liked her was when she was with Jax. She was horrid when she first came to town, but at least you could chalk that up to immaturity. She's never grown up and this over-the-top self-righteousness is just ridiculous. You can see why she never has any long lasting friendships with other women. Jason's the only one in town why continues to put up with her crap and hey, he's got brain damage!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Different strokes for different folks. . . I never did care for Vanessa (Brenda) all that much and I love Kelly (Sam). So there ya go. But now we can ALL be happy cause we get to have them both! And, as a bonus, we can all be united in hating Carly!!!

Something smells fishy. . . Does Brooke Lynne's confession to Lulu (and Carly's admission of it) mean that the sabotage of Lulu and Dante's romance is over???? And does Robin, Patrick, Mack, and Steve, et al discussing Lisa's craziness, mean that they're on to her, so that therefore, Lisa's attempt to seduce Patrick and kill Robin is essentially over????

+ Reply to Thread