+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Brenda's return has been a big snore...but I think the biggest disappointment is the whole Brooke/Lulu/Dante thing...

FINALLY Brooke gets something done, and what happens? nothing...nothing really changes, Lulu and Dante both kinda put together that he has to have been drugged...and all is well... boring boring boring...

And when did Lisa go crazy? She was actually pretty normal and likable before...didn't realize she would go psychotic so fast, haven't watched for a while...but nothing interesting to come back to it would seem

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4040211;
    So, really? Am I the only one who's a little skeeved out by her facelift?
    No She's another that was just beautiful but then goes and changes her face. Again with lips. I wish actresses would realize....It never makes you look better :nono Seriously, I can't think of a single actress that had her lips done and ended up looking better. I've always liked Vanessa, and I still love Brenda (hurry up and connect with Sonny already!!)...now I just want to feed her a cheeseburger.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I honestly haven't been that bothered by it I think some of the changes with her face are just her getting older and losing weight. Look at how full Kelly Ripa's face used to be. She's lost weight in her body, but also her face just isn't as full.

She's got a long way to go before she's in Jackie Zeman territory....and I hope she never gets there! Seeing those old scenes with JZ on those old shows last week just made me sad. Remember when Bobbie was a major character? Remember when she didn't look surprised all the time?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;4042699;
    I think the biggest disappointment is the whole Brooke/Lulu/Dante thing...

FINALLY Brooke gets something done, and what happens? nothing...nothing really changes, Lulu and Dante both kinda put together that he has to have been drugged...and all is well... boring boring boring...
    Looks like we're on the opposite side of the fence here, KinmokuPrincess. I'm so happy that Lulu responded to Brooke's attack the way she did. It's so nice to see a soap character act reasonably and give her mate the benefit of the doubt, especially when they're a truly loving couple who wouldn't normally cheat on each other.

And Brooke's attack (yes, it was an attack and legally would be classified as assault, battery, and attempted rape -- if Dante were to press criminal charges) was not really instigated by Brooke -- it was really set up by Carly (and Spinelli) instigating the whole thing. They should be charged criminally as well!!! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see that happen, but of course it never will. . .

And when did Lisa go crazy? She was actually pretty normal and likable before...didn't realize she would go psychotic so fast, haven't watched for a while...but nothing interesting to come back to it would seem
    Yeah, Glenn Close's character acted pretty normal and likable too, until she felt she wasn't getting what she wanted from Michael Douglas. Then wham! She turns into psycho-Fatal Attraction-stalker-bit¢h! Lisa's coming right up to that point. Guess Patrick's gonna have to confess to Robin in order to protect her. Hope Robin can handle the hurtful news of Patrick's indiscretion with Lisa.

I'm also glad Lulu is giving Dante the benefit of the doubt, and I'm glad she caught them before anything too hurtful actually happened. I don't think Dante is going to believe Brooklynn drugged him, though. As for the Brenda actress (sorry to keep on about it ) she was early 20s when I watched as a stay-at-home mom with my daughter who is 24 now, so do the math.
    Count your blessings!

Brenda's return has been a big snore...
    I agree. So far Brenda's return has been a big snore --- They should've just had her show up rather than waste our time with the trumped up introductory story-line. But, on another note, it is nice to see Adrienne Barbeau again. For those of you too young to remember, she was a popular character actress in the 70s and 80s, and probably was best known as Bea Arthur's daughter in the great (hilarious, irreverent + groundbreaking) sitcom "Maude."

By the way, I must not be very observant, because I don't even notice Vanessa's (Brenda's) facelift or eyelift. She looks pretty much the same to me. I think it's interesting though, that she's comfortable wearing her glasses in her Brenda role. Shows a lot of self confidence, which is nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4043673;
    By the way, I must not be very observant, because I don't even notice Vanessa's (Brenda's) facelift or eyelift. She looks pretty much the same to me. I think it's interesting though, that she's comfortable wearing her glasses in her Brenda role. Shows a lot of self confidence, which is nice to see.
    I really didn't notice anything either It's not like the horrible work Bob Woods (OLTL) and David Canary (AMC) got years ago. Their faces were so tight you could bounce a quarter off their checks.

I must say, this whole Lisa thing has me ticked off. I know TPTB think happy couples aren't interesting and that's why they're trying to mess with Robin and Patrick, but I think the problem is that they don't know how to write anything interesting for a happy couple. I love those two and I hate that this new and poorly-formed character is coming between them. I'll bet money that there will soon be a murder trial....maybe in time for November sweeps.

Brook Lynn can take a flying leap too. Was she this unlikeable when she was on the show before? I only remember her dressed like a grunge ragamuffin singing in the studio. I can't imagine that the actress is that tan, knowing how fair her skin was before. I find all that bronzer really distracting. It's like they're taking their styling cues from Jersey Shore. All that's missing is a BumpIt and a bottle of beer.

I'm enjoying this friendship between Maxie and Lucky. It's like they're able to be completely honest and frank with each other. I like her so much better without Spinelli, who's become almost un-watchable for me. I don't like the mean-spiritedness and his scheming with Carly. Don't even get me started on Carly and how she's blaming everyone else for what happened to Michael.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4044444;
    I really didn't notice anything either It's not like the horrible work Bob Woods (OLTL) and David Canary (AMC) got years ago. Their faces were so tight you could bounce a quarter off their checks.

I must say, this whole Lisa thing has me ticked off. I know TPTB think happy couples aren't interesting and that's why they're trying to mess with Robin and Patrick, but I think the problem is that they don't know how to write anything interesting for a happy couple. I love those two and I hate that this new and poorly-formed character is coming between them. I'll bet money that there will soon be a murder trial....maybe in time for November sweeps.

Brook Lynn can take a flying leap too. Was she this unlikeable when she was on the show before? I only remember her dressed like a grunge ragamuffin singing in the studio. I can't imagine that the actress is that tan, knowing how fair her skin was before. I find all that bronzer really distracting. It's like they're taking their styling cues from Jersey Shore. All that's missing is a BumpIt and a bottle of beer.

I'm enjoying this friendship between Maxie and Lucky. It's like they're able to be completely honest and frank with each other. I like her so much better without Spinelli, who's become almost un-watchable for me. I don't like the mean-spiritedness and his scheming with Carly. Don't even get me started on Carly and how she's blaming everyone else for what happened to Michael.
    Critical, all I can say is ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto. Everything you've said in this post I completely agree with.

By the way, I haven't watched OLTL in years, but I used to love that show and Bob Woods was one of my favorite characters. He was an extremely handsome man who didn't age well. In those years face lifts for men were unheard of, and I thought it was such a shame that he looked so bad, when he used to look so great! I just saw him for a moment when I was changing channels recently and thought, Wow! He doesn't look bad at all! Thanks for letting me know that the reason is the facelift!!! No, it isn't perfect, but even as it is, I think it's better than how he looked without it. On GH, I would love to see Helena with a facelift. She used to be an absolutely gorgeous woman, and yes, she's old now, and looks appropriate for her age, but geez, with a bit of work she could still look pretty darn good.

Finally caught a bit of GH yesterday. Wasn't impressed with the story lines... Jason being held without a cause, Sam getting stuck in the back of a truck after doing a really bad job of sneaking around a warehouse and taping the bad guys, Robin, Patrick and Lisa are just... whatever, BUT LOVED listening to Sonny recant his relationship with Brenda to his daughter. I enjoyed the history they recapped for Brenda and Sonny on both sides of their memories. I think Brenda looks great and didn't notice any facelift issues--and I'm usually really sensitive to the weird looking lifts! She is very thin though. Everybody else can just go away... and bring on more Brenda and Sonny!!!

+ Reply to Thread