+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree743Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I was just watching it, too, and had all the same thoughts. I was gone Weds. - Fri. Has anyone actually interacted with Brenda yet?
    Count your blessings!

I haven't watched it (atching the SoapNet marathon tonight) but from some of the posts, I don't think she is even in Port Charles yet

Brenda is still in Italy, so she's only really interacting with two characters at this point. Hopefully, she'll hit PC before November sweeps!

I'm watching the episode with Sonny and Brenda in Puerto Rico. I don't even mind him so much, although I have to say that I DO NOT miss Ricky Martin. Talk about bad acting.

ETA: In the middle of a scene in Edward's hospital room, in walked Steve Hardy I heard his voice and looked up. I still miss him, especially when GH does the Christmas episodes.

Is the picture all wonky on Soapnet for anyone else? Maybe they've got it formatted for people with HD or widescreen or something. Everyone is taller and thinner! I watch Soapnet pretty regularly and I've never seen it do this before.
    Last edited by Critical; 08-15-2010 at 06:17 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm watching on a regular tv and it isn't doing that for me.
    On the commercials with present day Brenda and Sonny... ummmm, what's up with her face? Scary facelift? I can hardly even tell it's her until she talks.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4038578;
    I'm watching the episode with Sonny and Brenda in Puerto Rico. I don't even mind him so much, although I have to say that I DO NOT miss Ricky Martin. Talk about bad acting.
    OMG!!! I LOVED Ricky Martin --- especially with his long hair. He was totally my heart throb back then!!!! I didn't think his acting was bad. (Maybe I was too busy swooning over him! ) I still think his sex scene with Brenda was the hottest scene in daytime tv! Ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4039056;
    OMG!!! I LOVED Ricky Martin --- especially with his long hair. He was totally my heart throb back then!!!! I didn't think his acting was bad. (Maybe I was too busy swooning over him! ) I still think his sex scene with Brenda was the hottest scene in daytime tv! Ever!!!
    ITA. That whole arc where Brenda and Miguel hooked up causing Sonny and Lilly to get together (and other repercussions) was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4039056;
    Yeah, he was good eye candy, but he really was a terrible actor, as evidenced by the fact that he had no acting career to speak of after that.

I would watch him and the rhythm of his lines seemed off somehow, like the pauses he took were "off." Then I realized that he was taking his pauses at the end of the line of dialogue on the page and not at the end of the sentences. I couldn't ever watch him after that without fixating on it.

I thought he was much sexier as a singer IRL and not on GH.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I loved Brenda and Jagger! Vanessa has chemistry with every actor they've paired her with on GH, I think. Even Jason - who Steve Burton plays well - I think, but his character is so emotionally flat.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

So, really? Am I the only one who's a little skeeved out by her facelift?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4040211;
    So, really? Am I the only one who's a little skeeved out by her facelift?

I think she might have had a brow lift because she looks very surprised. I'll see if I can get a better sense next time I look at her, Gut.

And, Brenda never was very close with Lucy so I don't know how she ended up as her maid of honor. Brenda was good friends with Karen and then Lois. Maybe Lucy was with Scott when he found out that he was Karen's Father. They probably just needed someone to stand up there!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread