+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree886Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

The first 2 eps were Ok, but the third, the Jason wedding ep, was really funny. She's very pretty, that's for sure.

SoapNet is also showing these 3 episodes tonight, guys, I think from 8-11 PM EST. I set my DVR for it but I can't remember the exact time off the top of my head right now and I'm still at work. I guess it would be the times they regularly show the 3 ABC soaps but I'm not sure.

I am so psyched that Vanessa Marcil is coming back to GH. My sister first got hooked on Sonny and Brenda and then I got hooked even though we'd mostly watched Y&R and Guiding Light growing up with our Nana. I was so, so, so into Sonny and Brenda. I think one of the first Internet sites I ever signed up for was a soap site and that's all we talked about on the message boards was the two of them and we called ourselves S&Bers and S&Believers. I was like 15 so it was absolutely central to my life.

I've recorded GH ever since and I'm massively behind but I'm going to have to watch the current episodes to see Brenda. I think Brenda blackmailed Jason into marrying her by telling him that she would come between Sonny and Carly if he didn't and Carly was already paranoid about Brenda. I can't remember why she wanted to do it, though. Something about not wanting to be with Jax but I can't remember all the details.

And Steve Burton does look very different. I've been going from some of my pathetically years behind episodes to watching a little of some current episodes from last week so I'll know some of the other current storylines and his face is so much fuller, really noticeably so. He's lifting weights, Critical, is that why? He does look bulked up. I remember when Avatar first came out, I thought that Steve Burton had the perfect facial bone structure for that movie!
    Last edited by chrisg; 08-10-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4032492;
    And Steve Burton does look very different. I've been going from some of my pathetically years behind episodes to watching a little of some current episodes from last week so I'll know some of the other current storylines and his face is so much fuller, really noticeably so. He's lifting weights, Critical, is that why? He does look bulked up. I remember when Avatar first came out, I thought that Steve Burton had the perfect facial bone structure for that movie!
    Well, he's been on the show for nearly twenty years...or at least he started on the show in 1991 - he did leave for a time. He's 40 now, so he would have filled out a bit anyway. I do think he's become a little too bulky. He's not fat - I'm sure it's all muscle - but I don't think his face looks as good at this weight. Seeing the footage of him from 8 years ago was really dramatic (not to mention the stuff from 96 & 97). He's bulked up quite a bit since then. In person he probably looks much smaller. It doesn't help that he's paired with teeny tiny Kelly Monaco. When he has scenes with Laura Wright he doesn't look as big.

You know, that's another character I didn't miss in watching the three old episodes today - SAM! I really could do without her little breathy whining. She's kind of a pale imitation of Brenda.

Speaking of Brenda - what are the odds that we'll see more than her elbow or the back of her head tomorrow!?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I only got to catch the second episode (Brenda/Sonny) but what a great pick to showcase their relationship....I can't wait to see the two of them together again! And Crit, I'll confess to shedding a tear or two as well. I love those two together and am really hoping for a great reunion (fingers/toes crossed!!). And, though I complained in an earlier post that they didn't show enough "old" episodes, that one went back a good while - not to mention the fact it showcased even older clips! This was one happy GH viewer. There was even a brief flash of V...I kinda liked her and Jax It was great to see Lila too. I caught Reginald in the very beginning of the Brenda/Jason epi...I would have loved to have been able to catch that one as well. I'm really looking forward to her return today!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

and the younger sonny with all his curls was so cute!

I can't wait to see those older episodes. I'm looking at today's episode and rewinding. I think Critical was right and we just saw the back of Brenda's head until the very last second where we see her face. It looks like we'll have to wait until tomorrow for any dialogue.

Didn't they do that one time when Vanessa didn't want to come back but they didn't want to recast and Eva Longoria, who was married to Tyler Christopher at the time, did a bunch of back of the head shots, or something? I think Vanessa used to date Tyler too. And she married a guy from one of the CSI shows just recently, I guess. When they said Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo is back, I had to find out where the Giovinazzo was coming from!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4033189;
    Speaking of Brenda - what are the odds that we'll see more than her elbow or the back of her head tomorrow!?

Well, you were pretty damn close eh?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4034457;
    Well, you were pretty damn close eh?
    Yeah, I've been watching these shows for a long time. They tend to announce a big return and then we see the back of their head, an arm, etc. until the very last shot of their first day back. I knew we wouldn't see her speak until today.

Wow, they work fast, she's already in the credits!

I wonder how long it will be before she actually is in PC and then how long before anyone "important" sees her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

SoapNet is showing some classic GH episodes right now, guys. It's from 3-7 PM EST (and will probably air right before they usually show the GH weekly marathon in other time zones). They're calling it the Best of Sonny and Brenda and I think these are different episodes than those that were shown on ABC and repeated on SoapNet last week (still haven't watched those yet so I can't tell for sure). And Maurice and Vanessa are supposed to be doing some commentary but so far we haven't heard that much from them. It's really more like promotional snippets where they are reminiscing a bit. I'm still going to record the whole four hours though.

The first one is from when they were on the run in Puerto Rico. That goes way back. OMG...Ricky Martin with long hair! It's like a time warp.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4038437;
    SoapNet is showing some classic GH episodes right now, guys. It's from 3-7 PM EST (and will probably air right before they usually show the GH weekly marathon in other time zones). They're calling it the Best of Sonny and Brenda and I think these are different episodes than those that were shown on ABC and repeated on SoapNet last week (still haven't watched those yet so I can't tell for sure). And Maurice and Vanessa are supposed to be doing some commentary but so far we haven't heard that much from them. It's really more like promotional snippets where they are reminiscing a bit. I'm still going to record the whole four hours though.

The first one is from when they were on the run in Puerto Rico. That goes way back. OMG...Ricky Martin with long hair! It's like a time warp.

I am watching the one where Sonny dumps Brenda at the altar right now. My heart i breaking for her all over again!. Who is the short haired brunette with Jax? I don't remember her.

and all the faces from the past. The original Carly. LILA!!!!!! LUCY!!!!!! they should do thee time warps all the time

why was Lucy Brenda's matron of honor? I don't remember them being close

+ Reply to Thread