+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree996Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

She seemed to be the "true love" for both Sonny and Jax, so that has to be tough for Carly on multiple levels...and for the guys when she returns. And it was definitely one of those roles you can't recast.

Did I call it or what - on Helena wanting to tell that the baby is Lucky's. I swear I didn't read any spoilers. That just seemed to be the way her mind would think. And of course the minute she thinks that, Elizabeth and Casadine start making out again.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4025079;
    I've never been wildly crazy about the Brenda character, BUT ONE GREAT THING about her return, is that it will get the focus off of Carly somewhat. And another great thing is that no matter how much Jax loves Carly, his true passion has always been for Brenda. So maybe, at the very least, Carly will suffer with some serious jealousy. Good! I can't wait! Bring it on!!!

Meanwhile, does anyone else see the very beginnings of something real happening between Brook and Johnny? I dunno, but Johnny is beginning to act like he's becoming attracted to her. . .
    I think Jax' great love was Brenda, but it will be interesting to see now that Jax has a daughter how that will change his attraction and dedication to Carly. Sonny has so many children with so many mothers that it can't possibly effect his love/passion for Brenda! No matter what, I'm expecting a long and drawn out Brenda/Sonny/Jax love triangle!

Are Brenda and Jason still married or did they finally resolve that? Although I really like Lulu and Dante together, a little flirtation between Dante and Brenda might be fun, just to irritate Sonny!

This Franco storyline is neverending.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4025524;
    She seemed to be the "true love" for both Sonny and Jax, so that has to be tough for Carly on multiple levels...and for the guys when she returns. And it was definitely one of those roles you can't recast.
    Good point, PWS! I didn't even think about Brenda being the true love of Sonny too. Good. The more agony Carly goes through, the happier I'll be!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4027262;
    Are Brenda and Jason still married or did they finally resolve that? Although I really like Lulu and Dante together, a little flirtation between Dante and Brenda might be fun, just to irritate Sonny!
    Critical, please refresh my memory. Do you remember why Brenda and Jason got married? I know they weren't in a relationship, and assume it was to solve a situational problem --- sort of like when Jax and Alexis got married, or when Jason was, essentially, babysitting Sam for Sonny while she was pregnant with Sonny's baby (although they didn't actually get married).

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4027301;
    Critical, please refresh my memory. Do you remember why Brenda and Jason got married? I know they weren't in a relationship, and assume it was to solve a situational problem --- sort of like when Jax and Alexis got married, or when Jason was, essentially, babysitting Sam for Sonny while she was pregnant with Sonny's baby (although they didn't actually get married).
    I honestly don't remember why they got married, just that she blackmailed him into it. I'm sure there was an incredibly compelling reason!

I did a bit of looking around online and it does look like they got the marriage annulled. Bummer. I would have liked to see a bit of conflict with her and Sam...although I guess we can still have that without Brenda and Jason actually still being married.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Is everybody aware that ABC on Tuesday is airing a 3 hr. Brenda marathon showing all her actions & reactions with the men including her marriage to Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4028723;
    Is everybody aware that ABC on Tuesday is airing a 3 hr. Brenda marathon showing all her actions & reactions with the men including her marriage to Jason?
    No! I wasn't aware, thanks for the headsup! I'll go set the DVR.

I think I read somewhere that ABC is considering doing this more often - maybe even once a week. I mean, showing OLD episodes that relate to a current storyline. It would save them money on production costs by cutting down to 4 shows per week.

I have to say, I'm watching the first episode of the day - the one where Sonny interrupts Jax and Brenda's wedding with Miranda - and I'm remembering how much better this show used to be. I miss Katherine and Ned, not to mention Alan!

Second episode just started and OMG, how young was Steve Burton!? So skinny. Obviously, this was before he starting lifting weights. They're definitely picking good episodes to show newer viewers who Brenda is. I saw a picture of Vanessa with Maurice Benard from their first photo shoot since she's been back and I actually got excited about seeing them together. Considering the fact that I am NOT a Sonny fan,that's saying a lot!

Another thing that's good about these older episodes? NO SPINELLI! I can't believe how much I've grown to dislike him in recent months. He was always sort of irritating, but he was okay in small doses and he was always sort of naively sweet. I don't like the new, meaner Spin. I guess he's been ruined by his association with Sonny and by his breakup with Maxie.

Okay, I didn't see the episode opening with the 12:00 episode, but I just say the second one and actually cried. Lila! Ruby! Steve and Audrey! What a great cast they had - Felicia, Laura, Ned, Emily (the real one!)..... *SIGH* Nostalgia! Okay, so maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea for ABC to show old episodes regularly. It might put into sharp relief just how far the show has fallen.

+ Reply to Thread