+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1030Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

Brenda, Brenda, Brenda. . . she sure was a hot little tamale -- (not so much in a 'sexy' way but in a hot, explosive way --- although she did a very sexy scene, way back in the day, with Ricky Martin (Miguel Mores) that blew everybody's socks right off the planet!!! --- but, I digress. . .

Although I always saw Brenda and Sonny as true soulmates (much more than Sonny and Carly), but I honestly think she had more and better chemistry with Jax. And as for Jax, I think that Brenda was truly the love of his life, even more than Carly. So I'm hoping that at the very least, even if Brenda ends up with Sonny down the line, that there is some resolution to Jax's feelings for her, because up until now, even the mention of Brenda's name has always caused visible pain to Jax.

For some reason, the most memorable scene with Brenda for me was her doing 100 sit-ups in bed in the morning with Sonny getting dressed or doing something random in the room.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4009471;
    Has the person who went over the balcony actually been identified as Franco? We never saw/heard that for a fact. He kept saying "everything is not as it seems" and it seems like an elaborate waste to kidnap the baby and then not use that as part of his bait. I think we're not done with all that yet.
    Looks like you were right, Gutmutter! Darn! I was hoping we had seen the last of Franco, but I guess that would've been too good to be true.

For a fraction of a second I was glad to see Elizabeth's baby with Franco -- as if he wouldn't harm a newborn -- UNTIL I realized that he murdered the nurse to get the baby -- which means that he will pretty much use the baby as bait to get Jason to do what he wants. (I still think it would've made more sense if he had used Jason's little boy as the bait.)

There is a silver lining to Franco being alive of course, and that is that Jason won't have to go back to Pentonville just yet. . . and I'm sure there will be some twist that will keep him out for good. Spinelli will probably come up with some electronic miracle of some kind, or some soap opera device like that.

I appreciate all the updates. I usually don't have alot of time in the summer to watch and with the jail storyline I couldn't bring myself commit to watching either. I agree that they could have done with out the did it/or did it not happen jail rape story. Michael is a kid by all accounts and while soaps deal with female rape storylines all the time a jailrape to a teen is really out there, IMO.

Yea! for Brendas return. Can't wait for the Sonny/Jax/Brenda triangle to fire up again. I always felt Sonny was her soulmate and Jax was the "if I could only be good enough" for guy. Jax on the other hand was devoted to Brenda and I agree, he still squirms when her name is mentioned. Can't wait to see Carly's reaction to Brenda!

When is Elizabeth's babydaddy's id going to come out?

I thought it was about to when Helena said, "He's not the Cassidine heir" in the hospital lockdown, but she went on to some other excuse. You would think with him gone by someone else's hands, she would announce her diabolical switch just to make the Spencers twitch.
    Oh, and Kristina - red bra hanging out of your denim dress... really? ick.
    Has anyone commented on Franco as the David choice for the upcoming movie, Eat, Pray, Love?
    Count your blessings!

I'm so excited for Brenda to come back - I hope she sticks around for awhile and gets a decent story. I've heard she's signed on for a year, but she's always been one of my favorite characters, so hopefully it will be longer (provided GH is still around ). I love her with Sonny, IMO she has always been the "one" for him, even though I really liked him with Carly as well. I'm also looking forward to DVR'ing the upcoming "Brenda" shows on ABC, but I'd love it if they'd dig back a bit farther in their library sometimes. I get that they're trying to show episodes that will show her connection to the current stories, but they have some great older epi's as well (Sonny and Brenda in the catacombs?). Seems when they show "repeats" they're more recent. I'd love to see older episodes with characters we don't get to see anymore.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I agree, but if the point is to get people charged up to watch, they may not want to confuse them with characters that are no longer on the show.
    Count your blessings!

Can I just say, Carly is a dispicable woman? Thank you, I feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4023668;
    Can I just say, Carly is a dispicable woman? Thank you, I feel better.
    I've never been wildly crazy about the Brenda character, BUT ONE GREAT THING about her return, is that it will get the focus off of Carly somewhat. And another great thing is that no matter how much Jax loves Carly, his true passion has always been for Brenda. So maybe, at the very least, Carly will suffer with some serious jealousy. Good! I can't wait! Bring it on!!!

Meanwhile, does anyone else see the very beginnings of something real happening between Brook and Johnny? I dunno, but Johnny is beginning to act like he's becoming attracted to her. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4025079;
    I've never been wildly crazy about the Brenda character, BUT ONE GREAT THING about her return, is that it will get the focus off of Carly somewhat. And another great thing is that no matter how much Jax loves Carly, his true passion has always been for Brenda. So maybe, at the very least, Carly will suffer with some serious jealousy. Good! I can't wait! Bring it on!!!

Meanwhile, does anyone else see the very beginnings of something real happening between Brook and Johnny? I dunno, but Johnny is beginning to act like he's becoming attracted to her. . .
    Thanks for the info. I haven't been watching the show long enough to know who Brenda is. I keep hearing she is coming back & that's a good thing, but you couldn't prove it by me. If she comes in with guns blazing & kicks some serious Carly a** then that's a good thing.

+ Reply to Thread