+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree883Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Cool! Thanks for sharing, Razorbacker!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Did anyone catch Brooklny singing Before He Cheats today? Opinions?

Is anyone still watching this show?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3982049;
    Did anyone catch Brooklny singing Before He Cheats today? Opinions?

Is anyone still watching this show?
    Lots and lots of folks watch this show --- love it! I've been watching since the Luke/Laura/Scotty days --- long, long time. . .

I'm not sure what to make of BrookLynn. On one hand, she's willing to be a kind of gun-for-hire (as in her plan with Carly to derail Dante and Lulu --- but she tried to get out of that one, although Carly, of course, wasn't letting her out of the deal) --- and on the other hand, she seems genuinely attracted to Johnny, enough to not care about hurting the feelings of her old Bensonhurst neighbor, Olivia. If Johnny does succumb to her advances (and it sure looked as if he might've, especially after that little seductive performance at Jakes), then Olivia's too good for him, and he doesn't deserve her! Don't much care for BrookLynn, but she IS a great, great singer, and she might be an interesting addition to the show.

And speaking of cheating on loved ones. . . I think Patrick might be better off biting the bullet and confessing his infidelity to Robin. Even though that will be the hardest thing in the world for him to do --- it looks like Lisa Niles, our other little temptress on the show, isn't going to rest until she derails his marriage!

I'm not a fan of the Franco storyline, but it's very cool that they got to film inside MOCA in LA. I predict that more of the characters will be jetting off to LA for various reasons now that the show is filming there.

I'm sort of bored with most of the storylines, but I'm still watching.

Has anyone else watched the "What if" videos on SoapNet? They're all pretty cheesy, but the one with Spinelli and Todd Manning is pretty funny. Of course, Spin would annoy the hell out of Todd. I loved it when Todd called him "Spaghetti." The set-ups are pretty unoriginal though. Out of the four I watched, two were on planes and the other two had the characters stuck in an elevator. They haven't posted the one with Viki Buchanan (or whatever her last name is now) and Luke. That's the one I'm most looking forward to.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I am REALLY tired of the Franco crap. It is not funny or good entertainment and we are not really vested in him because we know it is a gimick

I've had no access to a tv for the last month so totally missed GH, but now I'm house sitting and have a tv. Funny how you can go that long and get right back on the horse without missing much. I was a little bushwhacked, though, with three huge story lines going at once this Friday... Baby missing, (lady dying), abusive father of abusive boyfriend shooting up half the cast, Franco messing with our gorgeous, brain-dead mobster. Actuallly liking the new Michael.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4000216;
    I am REALLY tired of the Franco crap. It is not funny or good entertainment and we are not really vested in him because we know it is a gimick

I agree, tapper. I always TIVO the episodes so that I can fast forward through the stuff that I'm not really interested in, like most of what Franco is doing/saying. (But I have to admit, I do find his kidnapping of Elizabeth's baby a big surprise, and am curious as to how that will play out.) And I would LOVE to see Jason get his head together and outsmart Franco. Right now, his deer-in-the-headlights expressions are just depressing me. . .

And my other big passion is to fast-forward through all the Carly scenes, (except where I have to hear what she's saying --- just to catch the general idea of the particular plot line). Interestingly, there's been 3 actresses portraying Carly on this show, and I've never been able to stand any one of them. Laura Wright isn't sooooo terrible, but her (Carly's) vendetta against Dante and Lulu really ticks me off and I refuse to listen to it. And by the way, I'm still waiting for Carly to be punished for sleeping with Sonny for a 2nd time, during her marriage to Jax. . .

But, in other news. . . Wow! The show has certainly ramped up the excitement in the last few days. Aside from the Franco nonsense, I never saw the Keifer's-father shooting scene coming! But here's what I don't get: He's apoplectically, insanely livid at Kristina, blaming her for everything that's gone wrong in his life --- and now that Michael has attacked him, he's mad at Michael too -- and the whole bunch of people who protected Kristina and Michael, BUT when he goes nuts and shoots people, he DOESN'T shoot Kristina or Michael.

Instead, he shoots randomly and hits Mac and Ethan. And, was there a third person shot? I thought I saw a woman falling down (along with Mac and Ethan). Although we didn't get to see it very well, when Mac shot the dad, I take it, he didn't actually kill him --- just paralyzed him --- so he'll live to wreak more havoc on Kristina and Michael --- just from a wheelchair or hospital bed.

And, totally off the subject. . . good for Robin for nailing Lisa for taunting Robin with her insinuations about Patrick. Too bad Robin's gonna get hurt by the truth, but I still appreciated her telling Lisa to cut the cr*p!

Ooops, looks like I was wrong on several counts. I thought we were going to have several more weeks of Franko, but thanks to the TPTB, GH kept part 2 of the Franko storyline short. I'm delighted and relieved that Franko (as cute and adorable as he is) is apparently dead! I still would've loved to have seen Jason turn the tables on him and outsmart him, but I guess that was not to be. So, does anyone have a guess as to why Franko leapt off the balcony to his own death? And what was the point of kidnapping Elizabeth's new baby? It would've made more sense if he had kidnapped Elizabeth and Jason's son Jake.

And, it looks like I was wrong about Kiefer's dad too. Still can't figure out whether he actually did or didn't take a shot at Kristina and/or Michael, but I'm really glad that he's actually dead, and not just paralyzed.

Has the person who went over the balcony actually been identified as Franco? We never saw/heard that for a fact. He kept saying "everything is not as it seems" and it seems like an elaborate waste to kidnap the baby and then not use that as part of his bait. I think we're not done with all that yet. The whole Michael jail rape thing is creeping me out. I think they could have done without that.
    Count your blessings!

I saw an interview with James Franco a while back and he intimated that this might not be the last of Franco. He also talked about having pages and pages of dialog to learn and, really, did he really do all that much aside from smirk and mug for the cameras? I never really thought he was a bad actor before his time on GH, but man, he was horrible on this show. It was so over-the-top and not in a "Hey, what a great scene stealer, a la Tuc Watkins" (oltl) way. Maybe that would have played on the big screen, but on a daytime drama, a little subtlety is nice. I guess I'm still bitter that they pushed back some potentially interesting storylines to make space for him. We still haven't seen the other Ward granddaughter and there was another storyline with the Cassadines that got pushed back. They had even hired an actor I really like - Matt Borlenghi - to play a key role in that SL, but who knows if he'll still do the role after being put off for over 6 months.

ITA, Gut, the Michael/rape SL is being handled so badly. Honestly, we knew that was a possibility when he went to prison, so I don't think it would be a big shock that it happened. However, the way they are drawing this out is, frankly, pretty crass. I think hepcat would refer to it as "hamfisted." At this point, if it turns out that he wasn't raped after all, I'll be even more annoyed with all of these little flashbacks teasing us about "Did it happen? Didn't it happen?" I can say that because this is a fictional character we're talking about and not a real teenage boy.

This lock down of the hospital is kind of ridiculous too. Why can't they have security stationed at every exit to search everyone who leaves?

So, we all know - because ABC has been advertising it like crazy - that Brenda will be back soon and, based on the commercials, they mean to pair her with Sonny. I can't say I'll be sorry to see her back. I really like Vanessa and I always liked Brenda and Sonny together. Didn't like her with Jax. I hope they don't blow it with her storyline, although it wouldn't be the first time a beloved character/actor has come back to a show, only to be squandered on lame storylines.

Someone needs to run Lisa over with their car really soon. That character has always been annoying and she's even more irritating now. I especially hate it when she calls Robin names to Patrick. Yes, Robin may be shrill or boring, but Lisa doesn't get to call her names I'm going to hate seeing Robin's reaction when she finds out Patrick cheated.

+ Reply to Thread