+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1179Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Razorbacker that's really cool you're getting to experience that! I'd love to go to one of those types of fan events, but for some reason they don't seem to come out to Wisconsin Thanks for the updates, I'll be looking forward to seeing your pics when you get them posted!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I am really not liking Kristina and this Johnny business. She is asking for fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3938126;
    Razorbacker that's really cool you're getting to experience that! I'd love to go to one of those types of fan events, but for some reason they don't seem to come out to Wisconsin Thanks for the updates, I'll be looking forward to seeing your pics when you get them posted!
    Since ABC is on hand for CMA Fest anyway, they always bring down some of their stars & turn them loose on the fans for a couple of days.

It was pretty interesting hearing what these folks had to say. I haven't been watching the show for very long & I don't know real names of them, but here are some of the things I learned. You guys may know it, but it was news to me.

Johnny looks a whole lot younger in person than on TV.
    Sam, is one real good looking girl.
    Carly & her husband have recently begun a winery in Ca. & they are ready to bottle 900 cases of their second crop.
    The show is filmed in La...I thought all soaps were in NYC.
    Steve's old band mate from Blue County is still persuing a music career.
    Spinelli admits to being put on the show for comic relief, but he likes that his character is beginning to stretch out & he thinks everyone will like where he is headed.

Has anyone heard the Divas of Daytime? They are Kassie DePaiva (Blair, OLTL), Bobbie Eakes (Krystal, AMC) and Kathy Brier (ex-Marcie, OLTL). These girls performed together on Saturday Aftrenoon & let me tell you, they are killer vocalists. They did some really great 3 part harmonies & each girl was featured as lead a couple of times. I had never heard of them & apparantely Kassie has already performed on the Opry stage & has a Country album out.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

News flash, speaking of divas...returning to GH at long last according to SOD,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Brenda
    ! And for several months to a year apparently!

So glad Micheal was released from prison today. Felt sorry for Jason. I do not like Kristina, she reminds me of what a young Claudia would be like. Sonny is not my favorite person, but can he really be blamed for her behavior since Alexis raised her and would not let Sonny see her. Could it be she is still blaming her self for the death of Claudia's baby and that is why she is acting like Claudia was the innocent victim? Who knows, to me it seems like she is just a spoiled brat trying to get back at her dad.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12;3941010;
    So glad Micheal was released from prison today. Felt sorry for Jason. I do not like Kristina, she reminds me of what a young Claudia would be like. Sonny is not my favorite person, but can he really be blamed for her behavior since Alexis raised her and would not let Sonny see her. Could it be she is still blaming her self for the death of Claudia's baby and that is why she is acting like Claudia was the innocent victim? Who knows, to me it seems like she is just a spoiled brat trying to get back at her dad.
    Have to agree with this... shouldn't her mother be taking most of the blame/responsibility since she has raised Kristina the majority of the time? I state this with the provision that this is tv and not real life. I work as a women's advocate in shelters and understand that there is never an excuse for abuse, but in this soapville too much blame is being laid at Sonny's feet and not Alexis' too.

Okay, so what was up with Maxie's look yesterday? So very odd... did Kirsten Storms bleach her eyebrows along with her hair, or was there something more?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3945492;
    Okay, so what was up with Maxie's look yesterday? So very odd... did Kirsten Storms bleach her eyebrows along with her hair, or was there something more?
    It looks to me like she just bleached her eyebrows and hair. It looks horrible, IMO, although I've never really been a Maxie fan. I'd be much happier if she'd been killed instead of Georgie. I would have much rather seen a Spinelli-Georgie romance.

Still HATE Carly. I really like Laura Wright and she's doing a good job with the material she's been given, but I hate what Carly is doing. Yes, this may be the "Old Carly," but don't most people mature and grow? I'd love to see Jax find out about her scheming and leave her for good. They should reunite Jax and Skye. That was one of my favorite weddings ever. Plus, I just liked them together.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3946920;
    It looks to me like she just bleached her eyebrows and hair. It looks horrible, IMO, although I've never really been a Maxie fan. I'd be much happier if she'd been killed instead of Georgie. I would have much rather seen a Spinelli-Georgie romance.

Still HATE Carly. I really like Laura Wright and she's doing a good job with the material she's been given, but I hate what Carly is doing. Yes, this may be the "Old Carly," but don't most people mature and grow? I'd love to see Jax find out about her scheming and leave her for good. They should reunite Jax and Skye. That was one of my favorite weddings ever. Plus, I just liked them together.
    To me, Maxi and Spinelli have never had any chemistry, in fact I can't see Spinelli with anyone but that cute little odd girl, the Priestess, who I thought was totally adorable with Spinelli. But the amount of chemistry between Maxi and Spinelli these days is far into the minus column. I think the writers are in process of splitting them up, and I'm hoping for a Maxi and Dr. Matt coupling, (although Maxi and Franco had some serious chemistry goin on)! And yeah, Maxi's new look is pretty awful. I'm kind of surprised she'd do that to herself --- her hairstyle (in addition to the white-blond color) is pretty unflattering as well.

Yes, I agree, Critical, Jax and Skye were FABULOUS together, especially when he was hotly pursuing her and she was much more confident and aggressive than she is at present. They were a very good match for each other. Nowadays, I don't think the match would be as enticing because Skye has mellowed tremendously and Jax isn't as charming and easily likable as he used to be ---- but I'd still love to see them give it a go --- if for no other reason than to get Jax away from Carly. HATE Carly and I especially hate what she's doing to Lulu and Dante. Now that Dante has redeemed himself and done the one thing that nobody else could do, (not even Sonny and Jax with all their money and power, nor Clair with all her influence, nor anyone else) one would think she'd have to end this vendetta against them --- but no, this is soap opera land, so it will probably continue. I just thank goodness everyday for TIVO because the minute Carly comes on the screen, I'm on to the next scene!!!

As promised here are some photos from CMA Music Fest.

Maybe you will recognize these ladies. They call themselves The Divas Of Daytime. Individual vocals are great, but as a team doing 3 part harmonies, they are something special. That is Kassie DePaiva on the left, (Blair, One Life To Live), Bobby Eakes center (Krystal, All My Children) & Kathy Breir (currently not on a soap)

+ Reply to Thread