+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1042Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I spoiler tagged razorbacker's post. Just remember that anything that hasn't aired is still a spoiler. The James Franco thing, imo, doesn't need the spoiler tags since TPTB have been talking about having him back for months and I think it was discussed upthread.

Speaking of Franco, I am NOT happy he's coming back (big surprise, right? ). I thought he sucked the first time he was on - and seeing as how he didn't get an Emmy nod, it looks like I'm not the only one. Maybe he didn't submit himself for consideration It just means more time NOT focusing on the actual characters on the show.

I'm not a big fan of Claire, but I actually liked that little moment she had with Lucky in the park, including the discomfort on his face when she talked about having kids. I'll be happy if they turn her into a more multi-dimensional character instead of that she-beast we saw during Sonny's trial. She can still want Sonny in jail, but at least give her some depth.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3909053;
    Imperfect1, my appologies...
    Thanks razorbacker, I appreciate it. By the way, I know it's public knowledge that Franco is returning, but the plot information about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    his having to team up with Dante
    was something that I didn't know, and didn't really want to know.

I'm not happy about Franco's return cause I think he went way over the top being cutesy and oh-so-clever --- I hope they'll tone him down a couple of notches.

In regard to Claire, as strange as I think this turn-around in her character is (regarding her great love for babies, in the face of her being such a witch as a prosecutor), I think that she could actually be a great addition to the permanent cast. But if she actually does become interested in Lucky, for me that will be a huge stretch, as she would be like a baracuda chasing after a minnow!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 05-21-2010 at 08:17 AM.

I could not watch GH yesterday when i saw the previews! Did anything happened to Micheal?

What is the story behind the new girl that Carly met in the park yesterday? Has she been around before? She is definitely a looker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3910549;
    What is the story behind the new girl that Carly met in the park yesterday? Has she been around before? She is definitely a looker!!!
    She is Brooklyn Ashton, Ned's daughter. Tracy Q's granddaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12;3910526;
    I could not watch GH yesterday when i saw the previews! Did anything happened to Micheal?
    I did watch it Friday and I had anxiety the whole time! I kept thinking, "this isn't what I watch a soap for". Too much stress of the wrong kind. The only stress I want from a soap is being unsure who the father is, or if the evil twin is going to return, or are they finally going to kiss before someone walks in... The story of Michael being beat'n or worse in prison is too stressful for a soap story! We haven't seen the inside of GH in how many episodes!? Yes, I appreciate them highlighting issues like abortion or teen/women abuse, but prison violence... not so much of an afternoon entertainment value for me.

Want to add that the nuMichael is making great strides since his first couple of weeks!

I'm not really happy about the reason BrookLynn is back in town, but it's nice to hear her sing again. She has a lovely voice.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

ABC announced today that in 2012, SoapNet is going away to be replaced by a channel dedicated to preschoolers. And another nail is hammered into the soap coffin.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3915820;
    ABC announced today that in 2012, SoapNet is going away to be replaced by a channel dedicated to preschoolers. And another nail is hammered into the soap coffin.
    WOW!!!! I am REALLY SORRY to hear this news! I wonder if a show of fan support would be enough to reverse this decision. . .

That's really odd... there is already a channel out there dedicated to preschoolers, the Sprout channel. (it's on constantly for my 3 year old nephew...)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread