+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1043Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

That sounds like a lot of fun... I wish they weren't limited to being webisodes. I'd be watching all of these shows every day waiting for these pairings. Love all of the pairings, but Maxie and Rex WILL be great fun!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3899412;
    I almost can't watch GH right now. All the righteous indignation and blaming Dante for everything is just ridiculous. It is not Dante's fault that Michael is in jail. If anyone is to blame it's Sonny, Carly and Jason, who chose to cover up Claudia's murder and burn any evidence that could have cleared Michael. If they'd just come clean to the cops from the beginning, this wouldn't have happened.
    I totally agree, Critical. It's hard for me too, to watch everyone be angry at Dante, who was only trying to do the right thing. The one thing that Sonny and Carly have in common is that they always blame someone else for their own actions! It's maddening. Jason, at least, is taking full responsibility for his own part in the cover-up. I'm also totally pi**ed at the judge who did not do the right thing. Any jurist in his right mind would see that Michael was acting only to protect his mother and infant daughter from a crazy-woman who was threatening them. Clair was right, that the judge was acting out of frustration with the whole lot of them who were thumbing their noses at the law. But he was wrong --- and hopefully his decision will be overturned on appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3899412;
    " From Soap Opera Digest:
    Breaking News - Soap Opera News - Soap News - Soap Updates - Spoilers - Scoops
    I'm particular interested to see Erica with Sonny (one guess as to who's tougher!), Luke with Viki () and Blair with Tad. Kind of a fun idea.
    This actually isn't a new idea. That's how Skye came to Port Charles. Several years ago, ABC did a cross-over with OLTL's Linda Dano coming to visit GH's Quartermaines, claiming that she had an affair with Alan, and Skye was their daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3899545;
    This actually isn't a new idea. That's how Skye came to Port Charles. Several years ago, ABC did a cross-over with OLTL's Linda Dano coming to visit GH's Quartermaines, claiming that she had an affair with Alan, and Skye was their daughter.
    True - we've always had cross-overs, but not with any of these characters and not in this way. I'm particularly excited to see Anthony Geary and Erika Slezak together. For me, they're the two best actors on ABC daytime.

These pairings probably wouldn't happen for the long-term (i.e. if someone jumped over to another show long-term), so I don't think we'd see these actors work together otherwise.

Watching Todd try to figure out Spinelli will be amusing too!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Man, I freaking hate Carly after today. She thinks she's being a good mother? What a b!tch. What she said to Lulu is the absolute truth - the people to blame for Michael's problems are Sonny, Jason and Carly. I hope she gets indicted for perjury, which is actually what should happen since she lied on the stand more than once! It's pretty bad when the mob enforcer is the one who sees the situation the most clearly. I mean, he still thinks he can protect Michael by being arrested and jailed, so he's not so bright either....like they'd be in cells next to each other. At least Jason knows that he should shoulder some of the blame.

It's so funny how quickly I can be "off" this show. I start enjoying it and where the stories are going and then, all of a sudden, I can barely watch.

That whole Franco fiasco screwed up the schedule for the projected story lines: they pushed back Maya's sister coming to town and the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    lost Cassadine - Valentine - story is being put off indefinitely
    . They seem to have dropped the Alexis/Mac pairing and the Kate/Coleman relationship. When will the writers realize that the viewers love those characters and stop focusing only on the mobsters? Granted, I've always hated Sonny, but I can't believe I'm the only one who misses the old GH that focused on the actual hospital and the law-abiding people in the town. Remember when Luke was the biggest criminal in PC?

The show just focuses so much on Sonny that it's lost it's humor and character. I'd be gleeful to see a big Quartermaine family fight right about now! They should bring back Ned and pair him back up with Alexis. With Skye back, they're moving in the right direction, but maybe with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    BrookLynn
    coming back and the Ward family represented again, maybe we'll see more of the Q's. Fingers crossed! I read something in (I think) Soap Opera Digest where the writer wished we'd find out that David Hayward (AMC) had "pulled a Greenlee" with Alan and he was still alive. That would be heaven!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

"pulled a Greenlee"

Not only is it the weirdest name ever, but now it's a way of life.

I am so going to enjoy Carly's revenge against Lulu. My Carly is back there is nothing like angry Carly about to rip someone a new one. I better get the popcorn ready for this one.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I agree, MsDiva. I went into last night's show prepared to hate Carly... but I found that I actually enjoyed the thought of Carly tormenting Lulu. The only thing worse than Carly's righteous indignation was Lulu's audacity in going to Carly to spare Dante. So.... game on.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3900045;
    Man, I freaking hate Carly after today. She thinks she's being a good mother? What a b!tch. What she said to Lulu is the absolute truth - the people to blame for Michael's problems are Sonny, Jason and Carly. I hope she gets indicted for perjury, which is actually what should happen since she lied on the stand more than once!

It's so funny how quickly I can be "off" this show. I start enjoying it and where the stories are going and then, all of a sudden, I can barely watch.
    Sorry MsDiva and Broadway, I have to agree with Critical on this one. . . Carly is so wrong, she's ridiculous!! She's blaming Dante (who's part of Michael's problems was only the tip of the iceburg) and Lulu, (who did nothing at all --- she DIDN"T KNOW where Michael was, when Carly asked her -- so she kept quiet. Big deal!) For a moment yesterday, when Carly was performing her Oscar winning performance with Dante and Lulu, I thought, whew, the writers are at least letting Carly be realistic in realizing who was actually at fault with Michael, but nooooooo, it's more of Carly blaming everyone but Carly. I think I will be fast forwarding through all of Carly's scenes for a while, until we get past this, because she makes my blood pressure level go through the roof!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3900045;
    They seem to have dropped the Alexis/Mac pairing and the Kate/Coleman relationship. When will the writers realize that the viewers love those characters and stop focusing only on the mobsters? Granted, I've always hated Sonny, but I can't believe I'm the only one who misses the old GH that focused on the actual hospital and the law-abiding people in the town. Remember when Luke was the biggest criminal in PC?
    You're not the only one Critical, I remember the old GH days very well, and I prefer the non-mob stories too --- although to me, the battling Quartermaines were just as bad.

Kate and Coleman are a very weird couple (mainly because Kate is such a snob), but they are really cute together. I didn't feel any chemistry at all between Alexis and Mac (unfortunately, because 'on paper' they're great together) BUT Alexis and Ned really had some heat!!!! Does anyone remember them together? They had a totally great relationship (before Alexis became a run-away-bride). They were smart, sassy, sexy --- great chemistry together!

I like seeing the old Carly back! Carly knows she made mistakes with raising Micheal,and I like seeing her defending her kids. I know covering up the murder was wrong. But maybe there were right because Micheal did get 5 years, that's another reason for them not to trust in the system. As for Lulu , I am disliking her more and more everyday. She is no innocent angel, look what she did to Georgie and Carly stood behind her! I also like a good storyline without the mob!

I don't think there's anything good about covering up for your son if he committed murder. They all keep talking about how they want Michael NOT to be like Sonny, so he should be made to suffer the consequences of his actions. Sonny never pays for anything he does, so protecting Michael would just teach him that he isn't accountable for his behavior. That's just bad parenting.

Carly's always displayed an alarming lack of self-awareness. I don't know why I'm surprised by it now. I probably won't be watching much for a while. IMO, all this mob stuff has ruined the show. They should just change the name to General Mafia and be done with it I was so happy when Night Shift was on SoapNet - it was much closer to what the show used to be.

I LOVED Ned and Alexis together, Imperfect1! I liked them even more than Ned and Lois. I think Wally Kurth is on Days right now, but I'd love to see him back on GH.

+ Reply to Thread