+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1150Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3891211;
    I think that Dante absolutely did the 'right' thing reporting the facts to the court, after he obtained the proof that Michael killed Claudia. However, I wish that he would try to explain to Sonny, Carly, Michael and Morgan (and Jason), that he wasn't trying to be vindictive, but was merely trying to carry out the law as best as he could --- at least maybe that would reduce some of the damage that will be coming his way. I hate the fact that, so far, he's not giving any explanation or apology --- and he should, if to no one else, then to Michael and Morgan (and Kristina and Molly). Ironically, what he did must be tearing him apart inside, because he really wanted to take Sonny down, and at the same time, to protect Michael. But in the end, apparently, he just couldn't do it. Good for him! It takes a very brave person to do the right thing, in spite of terrible consequences. . .
    Hmmm... I might be alone, but I kind of got the feeling that Dante was going to protect his brother, but then once he overheard Sonny and Carly (I think it was) in the hallway acting all smug about getting away with their lies he decided that he absolutely had to tell the truth. So in a sense he was acting out of vindictiveness and not just carrying out the law.

But I agree with everything else. I fully support his actions.

The fact that Drew was fired was pretty clear in the announcements that Critical brought up before. I wish they had done it sooner, but I have the feeling that they wanted someone in to handle the upcoming meatier scenes. Let's hope the new guy can do it!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Hey, someone in Port Charles actually has a bedroom with a bed in it AND they had sex there instead of on a couch! I saw a behind the scenes story about the Dante/Lulu love scene on one of the entertainment shows and, I have to say, it kind of took away from my enjoyment of the scene. I guess seeing them rehearse each little move - "Okay, and then I'll go for the belt." - while the director coaches them from 2 feet away can do that. Still, it's about time!

Still not warming to the NuMichael. He just doesn't have the emotional depth. Maybe he'll improve. The only thing I can think of to explain Drew's abrupt departure is that he really screwed up. Maybe he had an attitude problem or was experimenting with drugs or was habitually late/not learning his lines. Who knows? It just seems like they made the announcement about the recast AFTER he had already been let go.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3894836;
    Hey, someone in Port Charles actually has a bedroom with a bed in it AND they had sex there instead of on a couch! I saw a behind the scenes story about the Dante/Lulu love scene on one of the entertainment shows and, I have to say, it kind of took away from my enjoyment of the scene. I guess seeing them rehearse each little move - "Okay, and then I'll go for the belt." - while the director coaches them from 2 feet away can do that. Still, it's about time!
    Ouch, Critical! I LOVED the bed scene with Lulu and Dante and thought it was the best ever (and definitely worth waiting for) UNTIL I just read your post!!!!!! Ohhhhh noooooooo, I wish you hadn't mentioned the behind the scenes article --- it was a real 'spoiler' --- literally, and took all of the joy right out of the scene, for me. (Yes, we all know that TV is not real, but sometimes we can suspend reality for a little while to really get pleasure out of something.)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3894836;
    Agreed, agreed, agreed. That was Monday night's Entertainment Tonight that showed the background. *sigh* But I do love Dante and Lulu. I'll just have to wait until the next sex scene to enjoy it.

Still not warming to the NuMichael. He just doesn't have the emotional depth. Maybe he'll improve. The only thing I can think of to explain Drew's abrupt departure is that he really screwed up. Maybe he had an attitude problem or was experimenting with drugs or was habitually late/not learning his lines. Who knows? It just seems like they made the announcement about the recast AFTER he had already been let go.
    It's funny how differently people see things. I know we talked about it upthread and I don't want to be a broken record so my apologies up front... but I thought the old Michael only had one tone: stiff, self-righteous anger. Yesterday I actually thought that it was nice that the nuMichael actually knew how to speak softly, then a bit louder and more forceful, and then back to sad and morose. And he managed to get rid of some of the wide-eyed puppy dog look. And here you didn't think that at all. Heh.

New Michael isn't TOO bad, my only distaste is the fact that he LITERALLY towers over Jason, Lucky, Sonny, everyone...Chad Duell is very tall, which isn't so bad, he's definitely attractive... And he does seem too...nice, he doesn't have an edge to him, he's too "wholesome" Drew had a more edgy appeal and had fire and the anger...Chad is vanilla lol

Ick! - just ick! to the new Morgan. I thought the old one was adorable. Why can't they try to match the physical features of the actors a little better? Both the new Michael and the new Morgan are round-faced where the previous actors had sharper features. It really takes me out of the moment. Did I hear the preview right?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3895721;
    Ick! - just ick! to the new Morgan. I thought the old one was adorable. Why can't they try to match the physical features of the actors a little better? Both the new Michael and the new Morgan are round-faced where the previous actors had sharper features. It really takes me out of the moment. Did I hear the preview right?
    Ditto. That whole conversation when they were visiting Michael was just bad. The old Morgan would never say Michael looked "cool" in handcuffs and prison garb. Plus, the previous actor just had a sort of depth and intelligence that this new kid doesn't seem able to portray. The conversation between Morgan and Carly just felt like an adult talking to a little kid: if it had been the previous actor, it wouldn't have felt that way.

I highly doubt Michael will be in jail for five weeks, much less five years. Maybe if they'd kept Chad and just wanted him off the show, they would have written Michael off and sent him to the state pen, but with this recast, we know Michael won't be in jail for too long.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Have to agree with the sentiments on the new Morgan. Maybe he was just stiff because of these being his first scenes, but he didn't come across to well. Also, have to agree that they wouldn't have brought in a new Michael just to ship him off to the pen. I suspect he will be sentenced just as everyone says...suspended sentence & councelling.

I'm hoping that the producers are listening to viewer feedback regarding the nuMichael. If he continues to be poorly received maybe they will use a short prison sentence to recast and introduce a nuMichael2 version. Out of all the possible young male actors who would love this role it's hard to believe this was the best they could come up with. This guy brings nothing dynamic to the character, no unique look, intelligence or personality. Definitely not an "edge".
    Last edited by Minney; 05-07-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling without coffee challenge...

Goodness... give the kid some time. Drew Garrett wasn't received well by most, Jonathan Jackson wasn't received back well at first, etc... Daytime television is a tough schedule to get used to and there really hasn't been much to sink his teeth into over the last couple of weeks. Let him get his feet wet.

+ Reply to Thread