+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree941Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I blame her for tampering with the jury and for yanking a child out of school to testify in front of a jury without getting his parents' permission. Ethical lawyers don't do stuff like that. If someone finds out she tampered with the jury = mistrial.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well the same can be said about Sonny, he shouldn't have tampered all over the crime scene, if he hadn't he wouldn't be in this mess. Claire may not be an angel, but Sonny and company are far from that as well, she's fearless and has the guts to stand up against Sonny. I think she's amazing...lol

But he's a criminal. Claire is an attorney, so I'd argue that she has more of a reason to follow the law!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3889834;
    But he's a criminal. Claire is an attorney, so I'd argue that she has more of a reason to follow the law!
    Not only do attorneys (and judges) have a reason to follow the law, but they are all "officers of the court." If we can't trust our attorneys, judges, police, governmental representatives, etc. to follow the law, our society is in REAL trouble. GH is a fictional story, so it's merely entertainment when the characters go off and do their own vigilante version of justice. But it happens way too frequently in real life. That's what's really scary!!!

But here's an example of the exact opposite. . . Dante has done the right thing, according to the law. He's acquired crucial information about a murder trial, and has come forth with the truth, in spite of the fact that as a result, he's hurt Michael terribly, and he has officially consigned Michael to being labeled a 'killer' - and his father (and Jason, Carly, Jax, Morgan, Robin, and a slew of others) will never forgive him for what he's done.

Now it will really be interesting to see the fallout. Frankly, I think this could be a pivotal moment for this show, cause I don't think anything will be the same for these characters. Carly and Jax will forever blame each other for the effects on Michael. Sonny and Jason and Carly and Morgan will be totally devastated. Lulu will become an enemy to all the Sonny/Michael supporters because of her loyalty to Dante, and Dante will be a pariah to them all. Olivia will be blamed by Carly and probably others, for not helping Michael when she had the chance, and this will probably impact Olivia's relationship with Johnny, who wanted Sonny to pay for the crime, not Michael. Even Claire will be devastated (Good!) because this will be a huge 'loss' on her record, and to herself personally. The only thing that has a chance of eventually saving any of these people's relationships, is if Michael is completely exonerated by the court, as acting solely in defense of his mother and sister. . . which is what should happen, because it's the truth.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 04-30-2010 at 08:23 AM.

The fallout is already looking good...Kristina/Molly/Morgan are already doubting Dante... Lulu/Carly...Jax/Claire...Sonny/Dante... Lucky/Jason...its just a drama fest and it'll be great!!!

Shaping up to be pretty epic next week. Let's get ready to ruuuuummmmmbleeeee!

I think that Dante absolutely did the 'right' thing reporting the facts to the court, after he obtained the proof that Michael killed Claudia. However, I wish that he would try to explain to Sonny, Carly, Michael and Morgan (and Jason), that he wasn't trying to be vindictive, but was merely trying to carry out the law as best as he could --- at least maybe that would reduce some of the damage that will be coming his way. I hate the fact that, so far, he's not giving any explanation or apology --- and he should, if to no one else, then to Michael and Morgan (and Kristina and Molly). Ironically, what he did must be tearing him apart inside, because he really wanted to take Sonny down, and at the same time, to protect Michael. But in the end, apparently, he just couldn't do it. Good for him! It takes a very brave person to do the right thing, in spite of terrible consequences. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3891211;
    I think that Dante absolutely did the 'right' thing reporting the facts to the court, after he obtained the proof that Michael killed Claudia. However, I wish that he would try to explain to Sonny, Carly, Michael and Morgan (and Jason), that he wasn't trying to be vindictive, but was merely trying to carry out the law as best as he could --- at least maybe that would reduce some of the damage that will be coming his way. I hate the fact that, so far, he's not giving any explanation or apology --- and he should, if to no one else, then to Michael and Morgan (and Kristina and Molly). Ironically, what he did must be tearing him apart inside, because he really wanted to take Sonny down, and at the same time, to protect Michael. But in the end, apparently, he just couldn't do it. Good for him! It takes a very brave person to do the right thing, in spite of terrible consequences. . .
    I was reading comments over on the ABC board and couldn't believe how many people think Dante and Lulu are in the wrong. If this was real life, they would be vilified if they DIDN'T step forward and exonerate an innocent man.

Even though I try not to, I can't help imagining how much better the scenes with Michael would have been with Drew instead of this NuMichael. This new kid is just too Disney and actor-y. It's not believable. I really feel for Drew - he did all the work leading up to the big reveal of Michael as Claudia's killer and then some other guy comes in and gets to play those scenes. That's got to hurt.

I agree. They could have waited a couple of weeks.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3891907;
    I agree. They could have waited a couple of weeks.
    It's possible that the powers-that-be didn't let Drew have Michael's big climactic scenes becaused Drew was fired, not just let go, (according the the sources cited in posts above). If that's true, then Drew must've done something pretty awful to be dropped just before his big reveal! Wonder what the real story is. . .

+ Reply to Thread