+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3879102;
    Agreed! Liked the edge to Drew as well. Fit in the character of a tough mob son and actually looked like he could be the child of Sonny and Carlie. I will try to give the new actor a shot but I am disappointed in the change regardless. Jax? He can go anytime...
    He's only Carly's son though, so he looked enough like a Quartermaine too, imo The new kid may LOOK like a son of Carly and AJ, but he looks too cutesy for me. Like I said, I'll give the new actor a chance, but I'm skeptical. I hope he surprises me.

Kiefer's dad is just out of control! It's not hard to see where Kiefer got his abusive tendencies. Someone needs to do something to keep him away from Kristina because Alexis is doing a crappy job of it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3879109;
    Mr Bauer keeps coming around Kristina like he is going to kill her and my hopes keep getting dashed,darn it. lol
    LOL!!! I know. I can't stand Kristina and although I hate that she was abused by Kiefer, she's a selfish, not-very-nice person, and I can't help but feel little sympathy for her.

It is sad that there are many Mr. + Mrs. Bauer types in the world who are the kind of people who are extremely self-rightous and will, unfortunately, never see that their son did anything wrong. When those types of people have some power, it can be very scary for anyone who gets in their way.

I think I just thought of why Kiefer's death really is Kristina's fault. If she hadn't tried to protect him the first time, maybe he wouldn't have come back to abuse her again and her mom wouldn't have been driving her lying bratty self to the hospital.

She was a 16-year old girl in love for the first time. I don't see how she can be blamed for Kiefer's death. Her first love beat her and, because she's emotionally immature, she didn't know how to handle it. As adults, we can say that she should have broken up with him immediately and told her mother, but even adults don't do the "smart" thing in this situation. Plenty of women stay with men who abuse them, so it's not realistic to expect a 16-year old girl to have the presence of mind to handle the situation.

I know what you're saying, but I just can't blame that girl. Look at who her father is...hell, who her mother is and also consider that it's her first love. Her father is largely absent from her life and is at least violent emotionally, if not physically. It's not hard to see how she could get taken in by someone who would abuse her.

I know this storyline is frustrating, but I think it's completely realistic. The only parts I take issue with are the Bauers showing up at the hospital and Alexis' house to verbally abuse Kristina.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't really blame her....but I do find it ironic that if she hadn't named the wrong guy the first time just because he had rejected her, then the second time and Kiefer's death could have ben avoided.

I had to laugh when Kristina said she believed Alexis didn't hit Keifer on purpose. The fact that she believes Alexis values human life is laughable. We have a woman who plotted with Luke to kill Hells with some poison. Alexis killed Alcazar's brother and now Keifer.

Kristina really is a dumb child. Mom is a killer like daddy and she dates and marries men that kill also.I could buy that Kristina is vulnerable to men because of Sonny if she spent anytime around him. Kristina has been a liar since she came on the scene. Lets not forget she told Jason she would tell people he touched her. The day she said that I knew she was trouble.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3878907;
    Still haven't seen a picture of the Morgan recast.
    You can see a pic of the new Morgan here. Everyone reported that his first airdate was supposed to be last week, but that didn't work out. So.. we shall see when the little cutie appears.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3879965;
    I had to laugh when Kristina said she believed Alexis didn't hit Keifer on purpose. The fact that she believes Alexis values human life is laughable. We have a woman who plotted with Luke to kill Hells with some poison. Alexis killed Alcazar's brother and now Keifer.

Kristina really is a dumb child. Mom is a killer like daddy and she dates and marries men that kill also.I could buy that Kristina is vulnerable to men because of Sonny if she spent anytime around him. Kristina has been a liar since she came on the scene. Lets not forget she told Jason she would tell people he touched her. The day she said that I knew she was trouble.
    Wow, I had forgotten about Alexis plotting with Luke to kill Helena (who deserved it of course, but I digress). Does Alexis get any points because she only kills, or plots to kill, for righteous reasons when people deserve it? After all, Helena always deserves it, and she murdered Alexis' mother right in front of Alexis, if I remember correctly. And didn't Alexis kill Alcazar's brother because he killed her sister Kristina? And of course she felt Kiefer deserved to die, after what he did to Kristina. This was all said tongue-in-cheek, of course, but do we emotionally allow (and even cheer) fictional killings when the one who is murdered deserves it?

By the way, there's no way we can say that Kristina caused Kiefer's death, even indirectly. She barely even contributed to it. Even, let's say, if Kristina did tell her mother the first time he hit her, and even assuming her mother forbade her from seeing Kiefer, no one was going to be able to stop rebellious Kristina from seeing Kiefer if she had wanted to --- she would've sneaked off to see him. We all saw how she always did what she wanted to do, behind her mother's back. Plus, assuming that she had named Kiefer instead of Ethan for the 1st 'big' beating -- Kiefer would probably not have been in jail --- so the 2nd beating would've probably happened anyway --- or even if he had been arrested, he probably would've been out on bail, so events would most likely have happened just exactly as they did.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 04-19-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3879965;
    Kristina really is a dumb child. Mom is a killer like daddy and she dates and marries men that kill also. I could buy that Kristina is vulnerable to men because of Sonny if she spent anytime around him. Kristina has been a liar since she came on the scene. Lets not forget she told Jason she would tell people he touched her. The day she said that I knew she was trouble.
    You've just laid out beautifully exactly why Kristina is so messed up. She has zero idea of what a healthy relationship looks like, and a father who she really doesn't have a relationship with. What she does know of him is pretty much all the neative stuff. She has no decent male figure in her life, no validation from a father figure that's worth anything, a strong, succesful (albeit not in the men department) mother, and an uber bright younger sister. She's probably startved for male attention, and has not a clue how to go about getting it in a healthy way. She's ripe for the picking for a guy that's looking for someone with no self-esteem that he can control.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Wow.... love that Kiefer's dad finally broke from what was going to be an impressive counter-story to Alexis and Kristina. When he said that Kristina got beat up because she was asking for it... you just HAD to cheer on Sam when she punched him.

Did Molly ever confirm to Jason that she wanted him to kill Mr. Bauer? I don't think so, but I could have missed it. That would be the wrong move all around, but highly satisfying. And good for Alexis for pointing out that Mr. Bauer was demonstrating the very same passive-aggressive tendencies that Kiefer had. GH finally managed to connect the dots for a character.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread