+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1179Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3875077;
    Will someone post about today's show, please? I have a 2-hour staff meeting and don't have a DVR.
    Hopefully I don't forget something important, but...

1) Alexis confessed to Mac. Mac immediately said that they would charge her and immediately release her upon her own recognizance. Then they would work on getting the charges reduced/thrown out/something. Fat chance on that... Kiefer's parents are going to be out for blood. Alexis also confessed to Kristina. Kristina took it okay, and understood that Alexis didn't intend to kill Kiefer.

2) Ethan let Kristina have it when she confronted him in the hospital and questioned whether he was the one that ran Kiefer down. Lucky stepped in and made Ethan cool it.. later Luke insists that instead of Ethan apologizing to Kristina as Lucky wants, Kristina, Sonny, Alexis, and everyone else needs to be apologizing to Ethan first!

3) Dante gets thrown into jail for contempt of court. The judge does pull Diane and Claire aside and chastises both of them.. and admonishes Claire for not notifying the parents that they were pulling Morgan into court. Morgan was let off of the stand today... but he will be put back on later.

4) Jax threatened to take Claire off the job for being overaggressive in her use of Morgan. He told her that Morgan and Michael are off-limits. Claire, however, confronted Jax with his ruthlessness in business and advised that she's exhibiting those same characteristics. Basically, she told him to back off.

5) Sonny was starting to tell Jason that he wanted Claire knocked off... to which Jason said hell no.... when Claire walked in. Their immediate silence told her everything.. but then she started to offer Sonny a deal.

6) Sonny and Dante also had a confrontation where Sonny effectively tried to get Dante to leave the PD and come over to the dark side. His logic was that since the PD wasn't any more upstanding than Sonny's org, Dante might as well follow his natural inclination to defend family. Dante told him to go to H.

I think I caught it all. What amazes me about this show is how the defendant/Prosecuting Attorney, defendant/police, etc... are allowed to interact during a trial. This wouldn't happen in real life.
    Last edited by Broadway; 04-12-2010 at 10:28 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

THANK YOU Broadway!!! Sounds like I missed a lot! (I had such a long day - you don't even know. On the go from 4:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. without a break.) I'm glad Alexis confessed, though. There's been way too much dragging out of stuff like that. I love Dante for standing up for Morgan, even though it cost him. I almost feel sorry for Jax. He opened up Pandora's box when he got Claire on the trial. Now I'm thinking about when Michael confessed to Mac and Mac blew him off. That could come back to bite in in the butt if/when the truth comes out. On the other hand it could clear Michael since he DID try to confess and was let go.
    Count your blessings!

This probably isn't an appropriate response, but I really wanted to smack Kiefer's mother today. I'm not really a fan of that actress - she's too screechy - but she was horrid today. Where was hospital security? That woman was screaming and no one heard her?

I know she's grieving for her son, but I have less sympathy knowing what a little sociopath she raised.

ETA: Okay, seriously. Then Kiefer's father can get to Kristina's room, close the door and confront her and NO ONE at the hospital notices? WTF? Did the economy cause them to fire all the security staff?
    Last edited by Critical; 04-13-2010 at 06:41 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

K's dad was harsh! I don't get how Jason thinks he can just take Sonny's place.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3876204;

ETA: Okay, seriously. Then Kiefer's father can get to Kristina's room, close the door and confront her and NO ONE at the hospital notices? WTF? Did the economy cause them to fire all the security staff?

wtf? Oh I HAVE to watch on Soapnet tonight. He better not have touched her.

No, he didn't touch her, but the poor kid was practically hyperventilating by the end of the confrontation. I really hate it when the writers give us scenes like that. I couldn't watch most of it because it was just so awful.

Like I said above, I understand that they're both grieving their son, but I don't really feel as bad for them since they raised an entitled, abusive creep like Kiefer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Hated the scenes with Kiefer's mother and father verbally going off on Kristina, but the one thing that really unnerved me as I was listening to Keifer's father insist to Kristina that she was a liar, was that Kristina does not have one shred of proof (or even any evidence) that Kiefer abused her. Not only did she hide it from everyone, but she lied and said it was Ethan. And the fact that she is a known habitual liar does not help. (And the fact that she's the daughter of a mob kingpin and a publicly disgraced and unstable mother doesn't help either.) Plus, not only will this really impact badly on her, but it will also increase Alexis' changes of being convicted for manslaughter.

Clair Walsh, another verbal abuser, is getting on my last nerve. . .

Jason thinks he can just substitute himself and go to jail???? Only in soap opera land. . .

Well, there is the "proof" that Alexis met him running from her house and went in to find Kristina on the floor.
    Count your blessings!

Hopefully Lucky and Dante will be able to discuss the investigations that they had been doing into the case and the fact that they had already pieced together the fact that it was Kiefer that abused Kristina even before she confessed.

That, and Spinelli should be able to find evidence on someone's camera, right?

Today should be the day that we see the new Michael and Morgan, I believe.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3877639;
    Today should be the day that we see the new Michael and Morgan, I believe.
    I don't know about the new Morgan, but the Michael recast starts on the 20th - I think that's Monday. I'm going to TRY to keep an open mind, but I really like Drew Garrett, so I feel bad for him.

+ Reply to Thread