+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree940Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3873944;

A few years ago Lulu set out to steal Georgie's boyfriend Dillon (Tracy's son #2 that went off to film school) and she ended up getting pregnant. She chose to abort even though Dillon had wanted the baby. With Dante, they had just been having a conversation about his mother and what a rough life she faced choosing to become a single mother at the age of 15 and how he was glad that she didn't take the "easy" road out (I can't remember exactly how he phrased that part.) That brought about Lulu's feelings of guilt.
    Thanks, Broadway---I hope that they are not going do something to show that every woman who has an abortion becomes psychotic with guilt later....She can feel sad about it but it could still have been the right decision in her situation. If they avoid that pitfall I think it is a great plotline... obviously Dante has a vested interest in his mom's decision--he's probably also glad she chose not to use contraception ---even though that was taking the easy way out. Of course I wasn't watching when Lulu made her choice so I don't know if it was portrayed as an "easy" way out for her or an agonizing decision or somewhere in between.

Based upon your comments I think you would have appreciated it as Lulu made the well thought-out decision that she was going to have an abortion because she was too young and not cut out to be a mother at that time in her life. It wasn't a flippant form of birth control for her, but rather a rational approach to a situation.

So I think now it won't be guilt at the decision itself, but rather guilt and concern over how Dante is going to view her decision. At least I hope so, too.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I really don't like Sonny and, frankly, I'd love to see him off the show, but I don't want him to go to jail for this murder, since he didn't do it. Michael needs to confess and then be made to face consequences.

I thought that was a nice little scene with Bobbie and Alexis the other day, although OMG, does Jackie Zeman look horrible. All that plastic surgery has ruined her face. She only has one expression - bewildered. I have to wonder if that isn't one of the reasons that she isn't really on the show anymore. I looked them up on IMDB and Jackie is only about 2 years older than Nancy Lee Grahn, which I found shocking. There's something to be said for aging naturally. Bobbie was always one of my favorite characters back in the day, but it's like a totally different person now that her face is so frozen and puffy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Omg when Bobbie hugged Alexis I figured either her face would either crack or stick to Alexis. It really is sad when people can't be happy with aging gracefully. Botox is starting its own race of people, Thundercats.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3874430;
    Omg when Bobbie hugged Alexis I figured either her face would either crack or stick to Alexis. It really is sad when people can't be happy with aging gracefully. Botox is starting its own race of people, Thundercats.

I was having my teeth cleaned with an overhead tv when Bobbie was talking to Alexis and the technician said something about her face. I couldn't believe it! I hadn't even recognized her and she was one of the main characters back when I was watching before. So sad. I'll never forgive Meg Ryan for her face, etiher.
    Count your blessings!

Nancy L. Grahn is beautiful I loved her when she was on Santa Barbara and was glad when she came to GH

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3874593;
    Nancy L. Grahn is beautiful I loved her when she was on Santa Barbara and was glad when she came to GH
    Yes, I'm a big fan of Nancy L. Grahn too, and I think she's lovely. I wish that Jackie Zehman looked as good. I agree with the others that she's had too much plastic surgery. I think plastic surgery is great --- but one doesn't have to use it to excess. Perhaps if Jackie had had a little less, she would still look good, and not as weird as, unfortunately, she looks now.

Will someone post about today's show, please? I have a 2-hour staff meeting and don't have a DVR.
    Count your blessings!

Does Dante know that Michael killed Claudia? If so I must have missed him finding out.

No, he doesn't know yet, but I think will find out maybe next week.

+ Reply to Thread