+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1046Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3872735;
    You're right, and I had forgotten about that. Maybe it's a soap opera "thing," but doesn't it seem that so many soap parents will fight to the death, practically, to protect their children from being found out -- no matter how horribly the child has acted. Of course, on GH, Kristina, Michael (teen age Michael) and Kiefer have been train wrecks since they came on the show.
    Yes, soaps are all about the extreme, every parent loves their children, and the soap people just crank it up to the point of no return lol

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3873078;
    You know, it's a shame Jason is one of the bad guys - he seems to be more tuned into what's really going on than anyone on the police force! He already knows something's up with Alexis, while Lucky is off arresting Ethan and Mac thinks the dent on Ethan's car looks like he hit a person instead of Maya's car.

I agree that they're handling the Lulu/Dante relationship perfectly. The issue of her abortion is realistic and not manufactured like so many roadblocks soap writers usually produce. I love these two and I'm sure they'll work through it.
    Absolutely right, Jason does seem to make the better officer, but I guess that work in the shows favor as trying to make thugs/gangsters as good guys...more or less...lol

and yes, the whole abortion issue between the couple really is realistic, i remember satc had a similar episode that was really good as well.

I loved seeing Diane give Alexis the cold, hard truth today. Why is it that being a good parent on soaps means shielding them from any consequences of their behavior? I guess Alexis doesn't want to face consequences either. What kind of DA (is that what her current job is? I've lost track. In this town, she could be a surgeon by now) is allowed to keep her job after all the crimes she's committed....and after having a relationship with and being legal counsel for a mobster?

So, while the PCPD is bumbling around arresting the wrong man, Jason and Spinelli are checking out surveillance cameras, where they actually see Alexis' car hit Kiefer. That's some crack police work there....from the mob enforcer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3873384;
    I loved seeing Diane give Alexis the cold, hard truth today. Why is it that being a good parent on soaps means shielding them from any consequences of their behavior? I guess Alexis doesn't want to face consequences either. What kind of DA (is that what her current job is? I've lost track. In this town, she could be a surgeon by now) is allowed to keep her job after all the crimes she's committed....and after having a relationship with and being legal counsel for a mobster?
    Me too, and that was a rare moment for soaps!!! And there was something very touching about it too --- the relationship between Diane and Alexis is really precious. I so appreciated their closeness, sense of trust, and the honesty between the two of them, and the fact that Alexis knew she could, unhesitatingly, go to Diane and tell her anything! By the way, Alexis was, actually, finally forced to give up her DA job and she is now in private practice, working, sort of, with Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3873384;
    So, while the PCPD is bumbling around arresting the wrong man, Jason and Spinelli are checking out surveillance cameras, where they actually see Alexis' car hit Kiefer. That's some crack police work there....from the mob enforcer.
    Thank goodness the powers-that-be didn't drag us through weeks of Alexis not telling anyone about her actions, and no one finding out what she did. But, speaking of Jason and Spinelli watching the video of the hit-and-run on surveillance cameras --- how on earth would there be surveillance cameras out in the middle of nowhere --- that just happened to be right exactly in the spot where the accident happened --- and the cameras were angled in such a way, that in the middle of the night, on an assumedly dark highway - that was so dark that people thought possibly that Kiefer walking along the road might not have been seen by a passing car!!!! -- but the surveillance cameras were not only able to clearly identify Alexis' speeding car, but they could see her FACE through the dark windshield as well? Did I miss something?

Oh, poor Morgan. I just want to cry. That can't POSSIBLY by legal.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3873680;
    OK, I never get to watch anymore....what happened to Morgan?

And can someone fill me in on Lulu's abortion? Whose fetus did she abort and why? And is Dante just generally opposed to abortion? Or is there special dynamic there? Thanks!!!!

I don't know what the rules are about posting before the current show has been aired everywhere, so if you haven't seen today's show, stop reading... Morgan was taken out of school by a policeman and a protective services lady to testify against Sonny without his parents' permission. He wasn't on the witness list, even. Maybe it will trigger a mistrial and Sonny will get off.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3873769;
    I don't know what the rules are about posting before the current show has been aired everywhere, so if you haven't seen today's show, stop reading... Morgan was taken out of school by a policeman and a protective services lady to testify against Sonny without his parents' permission. He wasn't on the witness list, even. Maybe it will trigger a mistrial and Sonny will get off.
    Wow... But I think there are no rules protecting people from being forced to testify against parents, kids or sibs, just spounses. And I guess if protective services thought it was OK it would be OK....justified in getting him out from under a "bad influence"?
    And thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3873456;
    But, speaking of Jason and Spinelli watching the video of the hit-and-run on surveillance cameras --- how on earth would there be surveillance cameras out in the middle of nowhere --- that just happened to be right exactly in the spot where the accident happened --- and the cameras were angled in such a way, that in the middle of the night, on an assumedly dark highway - that was so dark that people thought possibly that Kiefer walking along the road might not have been seen by a passing car!!!! -- but the surveillance cameras were not only able to clearly identify Alexis' speeding car, but they could see her FACE through the dark windshield as well? Did I miss something?
    The best that I can figure is that it's not really completely in the middle of nowhere. Being that Alexis has been a very successful private attorney and DA, I would think that she lives in an exclusive area near other wealthy people. Spinelli did mention that he was tapping into someone's camera system so I think it's another family's private security cameras. Stroke of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    And can someone fill me in on Lulu's abortion? Whose fetus did she abort and why? And is Dante just generally opposed to abortion? Or is there special dynamic there? Thanks!!!!
    A few years ago Lulu set out to steal Georgie's boyfriend Dillon (Tracy's son #2 that went off to film school) and she ended up getting pregnant. She chose to abort even though Dillon had wanted the baby. With Dante, they had just been having a conversation about his mother and what a rough life she faced choosing to become a single mother at the age of 15 and how he was glad that she didn't take the "easy" road out (I can't remember exactly how he phrased that part.) That brought about Lulu's feelings of guilt.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3873680;
    I know! Morgan is such a sweet, innocent, good hearted and vulnerable little boy. They couldn't have picked a better character to tug at our heart strings with this police maneuver. I can't believe it's legal either --- but thank goodness Dante attempted to stop the trial to "reclaim" Morgan on behalf of his parents. Guess we'll have to wait til Monday to find out if it was legal after all, and if Dante's actions were able to save him.

But here's what really baffles me. The writers have got us rooting for the bad guys, and trying to thwart the efforts of the good guys! I can't believe how much I want, for example, Claire and Ronnie (and Mac and all the other cops and politicos) to fail in their frequent efforts to convict Sonny and Jason (and I'd feel the same way if it were Johnny they were after) ---- This time around, it just so happens that Sonny is technically innocent of the crime --- but he's usually not. And Jason, the professional murderer --- we love him, and are always rooting for him!

I think most of it is just the downright sneaky behavior that Clair,Slimey Ronnie,Jax and even Mac have used to get what they want. I always love on this show how those who are to uphold the law are willing to break or play fast and loose with it to gain justice.

I am a Sonny fan and I have no problem if he goes to jail for something he did do. What I have a problem with is clair making a 12yr old boy testify against his father and how he was removed from school to do so.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread